Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook/tablets

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Im looking for a good site that sells good priced tablets and chromebook either brand new or fully furbished i don't mind and also if there is a better chromebook then the samsung please link.

My Max price 250€
    Preferred: Chromebook.

Thanks
    Luke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spudato7

I wouldn't recommend a chrome book they can only browse the internet you'd be better off getting a tablet with a keyboard add on and it'd do a much better job

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

spudato7 wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend a chrome book they can only browse the internet you'd be better off getting a tablet with a keyboard add on and it'd do a much better job

I no that what there used for that's why I like it no other **** slowing the os down like they have a music player and a video play that litterly all I need along with one of my external harddrives :),

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

LukeyKid wrote: »
    I no that what there used for that's why I like it no other **** slowing the os down like they have a music player and a video play that litterly all I need along with one of my external harddrives :),

I'm sure you've checked out Amazon, right ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GAT7PD0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1392193071&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Dutchy wrote: »

Yeah iv checked amazon cheepest one i could find was 215 but its second hand obviously xD

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lacase

• Advertisement

lacase wrote: »

Yeah I was looking at the Acer but its not as good as the samsung and one of my friends has the samsung and its build quality is A1 its just so nice and I don't no would the Acer be to the same standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lacase

I have an Acer and I find it great. What I would do if I were you is go to somewhere like PC World and look at both models and see what you think. You should also check online for review comparisons between both chromebooks.

lacase wrote: »
    I have an Acer and I find it great. What I would do if I were you is go to somewhere like PC World and look at both models and see what you think. You should also check online for review comparisons between both chromebooks.

Oh fair enough :) but even spec wise it doesn't seem as good but sure I'll have a look as well but id say I'll be going with the Samsung anyway because I might be able to get off my friend for 200 and that's nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

My father has the Samsung Chromebook and he loves it. The build quality seems very decent to me and it's ridiculously straight forward to use.

My father has the Samsung Chromebook and he loves it. The build quality seems very decent to me and it's ridiculously straight forward to use.

Yeah reasons why I won't one and I can dual boot it with Ubuntu aswell :) make it into an actual PC :)

• Advertisement

Yeah reasons why I won't one and I can dual boot it with Ubuntu aswell :) make it into an actual PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

You should directly contact with Google's online deal. Its price is starting from $199. You can choose anyone i.e. affordable in your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

CHROMEBOOK, is designed for 24/7 internet connection.
    ITS very limited re offline ,apps, use, mainly runs google apps.
    I got a 3q tablet ,8gig storage pc tablet.
    dual core cpu.
    9.7 inch screen.
    cost 160 euro.
    powercity.
    THEY may have a few left in 1 or 2 branches .
    not on the website,
    i was in shop today finglas,
    all sold out.
    I asked ,i was told they,ll be on sale when they get
    new delivery ,in a week or 2.
    Battery life 7-8 hours.
    resolution 1024x768 .
    i had to go to play store ,
    download, file manager.

NOW i can watch videos,play music,
    read a book, even if theres no wifi signal.
    USING an app i download youtube videos .

ONLY Charged it twice ,
    it seems to take 5 hours plus to charge.
    Thats the only negative point about it.
    it has google voice search preinstalled.
    Theres not a load of useless apps preinstalled ,
    just maps, gmail, hangouts standard android apps.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BU5TDGG/ref=s9_simh_se_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=auto-no-resul

when i turn it on theres 350 meg ram free,
    IT comes with headphones,
    and 2 usb cables to connect any usb pc drive .
    has MINI usb port,

I used non google play store to get a video download app.
    mini hdmi out.
    i dont know if a chromebook even has a proper file manager ,browser
    to play music, videos ,
    when you have no net connection.

Advertisement