Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 27 TRANSFERS

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Coleman, Vlaar or Joel ward to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sterling or a second Chelsea defender to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Coleman, Vlaar or Joel ward to start?

Coleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

So I had wanted to bank this week's transfer but I cant stop logging back in so here we go - have Benteke, and im thinking of holding onto him for their Newcastle & Norwich fixtures but my i really want to get Ade - anyone else got this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

8-10 wrote: »
    Coleman

I'm thinking of benching Coleman this week in favour of Merte, Fonte and Dawson. Am I mental?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should I bring Ade in for Giroud or will Giroud have something to prove at home to Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So I had wanted to bank this week's transfer but I cant stop logging back in so here we go - have Benteke, and im thinking of holding onto him for their Newcastle & Norwich fixtures but my i really want to get Ade - anyone else got this problem?

Did Benteke to Ade couple of days ago before his last rise. Mainly as they've similar fixtures next 2 but Ade then has a game where Benteke has a blank.

Plus Ade has form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was going to do canas to jedinak but now looking at the ever so slightly more exciting transfer of bardsley to ollson. I wanted sunderland defensive coverage so was reluctant to shift bardsley but have decided that I'll get in mannone for boruc from gw 31. As southampton's fixtures turn then and mannone has 3 extra games over boruc between then and the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Plotted out all my transfers til GW 29 in a really impressive paint graph. I'd attach it but that would mean giving away my world secrets. All going to plan, I'm gonna field ten in GW 29 and keep my team as similar as it is as possible. (Like-for-like swaps, I guess.)

I was tempting to give Benteke another run out this week and take a -4 hit this week, but I'm hoping the want for Benteke to prosper is residual fondness for him after last season. (I captained him on both his hat-tricks if I remember correctly. I think he had two hat-tricks? Probably wrong.) Anyway, he's gone. Dzeko gets a reprieve til next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Adebayor availability now 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Should I bring Ade in for Giroud or will Giroud have something to prove at home to Sunderland

Will Giroud start is the question - since the young lad started in the CL
    I'm thinking of benching Coleman this week in favour of Merte, Fonte and Dawson. Am I mental?

Did Dawson not lose his place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »

I'm keeping Giroud until the blank mainly because I need to keep transfers for more urgent moves. He should definitely start tomorrow and after a good rest should hopefully be fresh and up for it despite the off the fields issues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

FHFC wrote: »
    Did Benteke to Ade couple of days ago before his last rise. Mainly as they've similar fixtures next 2 but Ade then has a game where Benteke has a blank.

Plus Ade has form.

Also frees up 0.5m which will come in handy for GW 29 - Transfer DONE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I'm benching him for mert terry and azpil at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nothing jumping out at me this week, think I'll bag my transfer

Mannone, Adrian

Mertesacker, Coleman, Bennett, Azpilicueta, Gabbidon

Yaya Toure, Hazard, Lallana, Mata, Jedinak

Adebayor, Suarez, Benteke

£2.1m in the bank

Anyone see something I should consider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

I have two free transfers, if I only make one transfer this week, does the free transfer carry over to next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

joe123 wrote: »
    I have two free transfers, if I only make one transfer this week, does the free transfer carry over to next week?

Yes. If you use one this week, you will have another one for the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Who do I start? Mata or Sterling? Sterling has been a bench warmer for me since GW17. I bought him after a spell of two good weeks and have played him the odd time since. The second week he gets into double figures and I missed it--because who'd have thunk he'd get two against Arsenal?

He's inconsistent at the best of times. So why did so many people get him in or are starting him this week? I feel like I'm missing something and dunno whether or not to hop aboard his temporary bandwagon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Colback to jedinak.

thank you to the people before who gave me the Cork advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nothing jumping out at me this week, think I'll bag my transfer

Mannone, Adrian

Mertesacker, Coleman, Bennett, Azpilicueta, Gabbidon

Yaya Toure, Hazard, Lallana, Mata, Jedinak

Adebayor, Suarez, Benteke

£2.1m in the bank

Anyone see something I should consider?

No Sturridge jumps out to me. I know he misses GW29 but I'd still be bringing him in if it was me. You should still have enough GW29 cover from that squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ya, Sturridge for Benteke seems like a solid transfer. Gw29 was putting me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

would have liked to have kept giroud for sunderland at home but have 2 ft's and would just lose one if i didn't make it today. the other transfer i know i'm definetley making ahead of gw29 is toure out as he misses 2gw's but i couldn't drop him today ahead of stoke at home.
    adebayor in for giroud then. as i said, would have preferred giroud but didn't want to lose the transfer either.
    (done last night before giroud's drop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did Dawson not lose his place?

He played on Thursday so there is a chance he won't start alright. But sure then it's back to good ol' Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    OK. Some kind of a worse case scenario happening...

Had 2 FT already banked. And Gabbidon to ditch. We have no info about the timing of the DGWs. So have no idea who to get in in preparation for GW 28-31...
    Did Gabbidon definitely lose his place?

Even considering GW29 only I can't find a great replacement. If WH was guaranteed to play I'd double up on them with Collins. I already have a Norwich and Chelsea def. Not sure about doubling up on any of them though... A Southampton def maybe...
    POKERKING wrote: »
    im going with a cardiff defender, they dont miss a gameweek. prob turner as Hudson out for season so more or less guaranteed a game and relatively easy fixtures although they are poor so not sure they will get much from them.

I would go kaboul if i could afford a gamble but my team is bare on numbers i need guaranteed starters for next three weeks.
    stoke defender erik pieters 4.8 is probably the other option decent fixtures from gw 29-32.

In the end did Gabbidon -> Ward. Bit of a waste of a transfer but was gonna lose it anyway and since Gabbidon seems to have lost his place was stupid to keep him. Cashed in a £0.2m profit on Gabby and didn't lose any banked cash to get Ward.

I slightly changed my mind on my planning. Was searching for a def playing both GWs 28 & 29. And there is no ideal solution... Didn't fancy Cardiff as Marshall was such a disappointment for me. Southampton are not keeping CS lately. Already have a Norwich and a Chelsea def. Hesitated doubling up on Chelsea by taking Ivanovic. But that would impede me to upgrade Colback which I could do for the next 2 weeks. That would have given me 4 "big" def (though Sagna will go soon). CP have a DGW somehwere so that could come handy to have one of their player too (though most likely there'll be plenty better options).

Hull draw last Monday really screwed me up :mad:... Probably would have doubled up on WH had they lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    would have liked to have kept giroud for sunderland at home but have 2 ft's and would just lose one if i didn't make it today. the other transfer i know i'm definetley making ahead of gw29 is toure out as he misses 2gw's but i couldn't drop him today ahead of stoke at home.
    adebayor in for giroud then. as i said, would have preferred giroud but didn't want to lose the transfer either.
    (done last night before giroud's drop)

I would be extremely pissed about this only for when I transferred him out I decided to put €10 on him for first goalscorer and labrokes had him enhanced to 5/1 :cool:
    I made a deal with him (in my head), just score first and then you can score a hat trick for all I care!
    was sure, he'd assist the first goal, then score 3 or 4, thus winning me nothing and making it a terrible decision to transfer him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Id wait to do it next week dzeko has a better fixture stoke at home over norwich away after a thurs game in ukraine, and ade has already gone up .3. Obviously there is a chance dzeko wont start which is the downside.
    Luckily I did end up making the transfer. Assuming Ade will get better than Dzeko's 1 anyway.

Advertisement