Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I really hope the way some people interact online isn't the way they interact in person, otherwise a lot of people should reconsider whether this is the right career for them or not.

Do agree but there a lot of good posters on this forum who do have intelligent views and refrain from getting personal .

Normally it would be fantastic ! However, any advice you give seems up in handbag arguments/personal digs between people!

But is that my fault , each person has there own opinion formed from whatever source . Now that can be from what they have read , from a google search or from practical and hands on policing experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Sure if the gards doesn't work out for you Raider I'm sure there's a job in politics for you ! You're well able to talk #### ...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

At this point, I think an all-out free for all death match would be the best idea for this campaign. The last surviving 300 candidates get the jobs. We could even do it Hunger Games style.

Chem Lord wrote: »
    At this point, I think an all-out free for all death match would be the best idea for this campaign. The last surviving 300 candidates get the jobs. We could even do it Hunger Games style.

If only it was that simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Raider190 wrote: »
    Ahh welcome back canyon we have missed your presence

Cheers Raider, I was thinking that alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Haha Hunger games style sounds like a great idea !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Agreed!

One particular poster seems to enjoy talking down on people when advice/queries are asked,

noticed this across a few threads myself,

And I think the one particular poster has two accounts, two people come across as very similar in their writing styles, it makes them out to be trolls. The very reason I gave up reading and commenting on these threads, they got ridiculous. Best of luck to most in Stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pugsnotdrugs13

Physically cannot wait for the results to come out. Excitement/nerves are too much to handle atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Physically cannot wait for the results to come out. Excitement/nerves are too much to handle atm.

Same!

Good luck with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pugsnotdrugs13

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Same!

Good luck with them!!

Thanks! You too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

I know, me too :) I'm fine at weekends, as I know theres no chance of results being released, but midweek its a different story. Put us out of our misery already!!

when our the results out chaps ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

RUNNER 1 wrote: »

Tues 11.30 am

Orite , wow , tought was at the end of the month.Good luck to all :D

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    Tues 11.30 am

When was this announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Tues 11.30 am

Oh god the nerves!! Good luck everyone! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

billie1b wrote: »
    When was this announced?

You do know I am just speculating.

Next week is 'mid-march' afterall

You do know I am just speculating.

Next week is 'mid-march' afterall

Aha, ok, was just wondering if it was official or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bubblesm18

RUNNER 1 wrote: »

They hope to be in a position to release them next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Still no message on the home page of public jobs. I wonder if they'll bother telling us which day and just pick a random day next week and send the results out to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

They will post it up on Sunday or Monday if the results are out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

They will post it up on Sunday or Monday if the results are out next week.
    That's pretty much what they did the last time, so it should be something similar this time. I reckon Thecameraman is right, prob next Sunday or Monday a message will appear on pj.ie

Archer3083 wrote: »
    That's pretty much what they did the last time, so it should be something similar this time. I reckon Thecameraman is right, prob next Sunday or Monday a message will appear on pj.ie

It won't be long now the wait is almost over

• Registered Users Posts: 33 standtwo

I'm away the last Friday of the month just hoping the next round I'd not till April som time ...

... Provided I pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I guess around 2 weeks after results that stage 3 will begin, with a few dates to choose from

I'd say you're safe enough, it will prob be April before they begin, and if not, there'll prob be options. Sure, they'll have to take into account that people have jobs, and different family commitments to make, so there has to be more than one appointment.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I'd say you're safe enough, it will prob be April before they begin, and if not, there'll prob be options. Sure, they'll have to take into account that people have jobs, and different family commitments to make, so there has to be more than one appointment.

Well for a July intake and yet to do stage 3 aptitude, interview, medical, background checks and physical I'd say there won't be much time between stages, obviously they had to sort out results but once results are issued they won't hang around, stage two was one week after results, I'd say they will allow 2 weeks to get time off work for stage 3.

Which will be early in April

thekopend wrote: »
    Well for a July intake and yet to do stage 3 aptitude, interview, medical, background checks and physical I'd say there won't be much time between stages, obviously they had to sort out results but once results are issued they won't hang around, stage two was one week after results, I'd say they will allow 2 weeks to get time off work for stage 3.
    Do you think you'll have a choice of session/window that you can pick which suits you best? I'd say there will be 3 or 4 slots each day for maybe 3 days, something like that.

• Advertisement

Ya I'd say there will because it will have to be done over different days anyway, first to book first to be served

thekopend wrote: »

It doesn't say July intake, it states that the first intake will be between July and December of this year, there is plenty of time for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

IMO September will be the first in take of recuirts each stage form here should take less and less time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

Generally you don't have a choice, last time i did a PAS supervised aptitude, it was either be there at your time slot or forget it, may be different now!

I phoned the 'helpline' today to enquire about as I am planning on being away the last week or March and they wouldn't tell me anything, they are currently compiling the results and couldn't say when they will be out and then i asked what about the next stage, any idea or date or month, would it be April, she implied that it might be before then, frustrating to say the least! Although if they are still compiling results id imagine it will be April before the next phase of tests..?

kate07 wrote: »
    Generally you don't have a choice, last time i did a PAS supervised aptitude, it was either be there at your time slot or forget it, may be different now!

I phoned the 'helpline' today to enquire about as I am planning on being away the last week or March and they wouldn't tell me anything, they are currently compiling the results and couldn't say when they will be out and then i asked what about the next stage, any idea or date or month, would it be April, she implied that it might be before then, frustrating to say the least! Although if they are still compiling results id imagine it will be April before the next phase of tests..?
    I don't have anything on for the next couple of months so I'm lucky enough with regard to days off, but that's not good enough for people who are working or who have families and kids. You need a fair bit of notice to get yourself organised. They're certainly not making this process easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

kate07 wrote: »

Considering we don't have stage 2 results yet I'd agree that it'll probably be April before stage 3 is taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Considering we don't have stage 2 results yet I'd agree that it'll probably be April before stage 3 is taken

Just speculation but I would be very surprised if the results weren't out next week.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think you're right, it would be hard to see them getting up and running for last week of March. I'd say first week of April.

Just speculation but I would be very surprised if the results weren't out next week.
    I'd say they'll try really hard to get results out next week before Paddy's Day.

• Advertisement

I think they will be out next week too. I know people have said they don't give much notice but I think they'll give 2 weeks or so for Stage 3 considering it involves attending a venue to complete the tests

Now I could be way off, that's just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Depending on what happens with the results, I could see that email ruining my week!

Hopefully all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

It makes me laugh seeing the defence forces being allowed recruit more personal then the gardai

billie1b wrote: »
    It doesn't say July intake, it states that the first intake will be between July and December of this year, there is plenty of time for everything.

Well I am going by the plans that were there for months after recruitment was announced, July was the predicted date said by the minister and everyone else. If there has been a different date please enlighten us with a link to prove http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/shatter-confirms-restart-of-garda-recruitment-with-300-jobs-on-offer-252430.html this is an example if what I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Was onto a couple of mates of mines who sat the tests and were in band two. One kindly forwarded me his email that he got from PJ. I just wanted to try and figure out what score was needed to get within the 5k. He was placed overall at just under 6450 and I worked out his score at 65%. I would make an educated guess that to get within the 5k, one would need to be getting 70%.. That's a ridiculously high standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

thestar wrote: »
    Was onto a couple of mates of mines who sat the tests and were in band two. One kindly forwarded me his email that he got from PJ. I just wanted to try and figure out what score was needed to get within the 5k. He was placed overall at just under 6450 and I worked out his score at 65%. I would make an educated guess that to get within the 5k, one would need to be getting 70%.. That's a ridiculously high standard

Has to be with 25,000 people applying for 300 jobs. There will be a lot of high quality people disappointed in this campaign!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Has to be with 25,000 people applying for 300 jobs. There will be a lot of high quality people disappointed in this campaign!

A lot of high quality people already disappointed, a panel is expected to be set up so we are looking at 900 jobs over 3 years. Media love to hone in on negative figure however

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

thestar wrote: »

How was your mate called even when placed at 6450? Was he in the Irish stream??

mycro89 wrote: »
    How was your mate called even when placed at 6450? Was he in the Irish stream??

I'd imagine tests meant the Stage 1 tests and he hasn't actually sat Stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Seeing as stage 1 and 2 were online tests, people may have had third parties do them for them?? Is that fair at the end of the day is this did happen, what about the genuine people now stuck in the system as a result of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

mycro89 wrote: »
    Seeing as stage 1 and 2 were online tests, people may have had third parties do them for them?? Is that fair at the end of the day is this did happen, what about the genuine people now stuck in the system as a result of that?

If that did happen them people will be found out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement