Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

want2b wrote: »
    If that did happen them people will be found out.

If anyone couldn't do stages 1 and 2 themselves, it'd be my opinion that they won't progress past stage 3.

The exams, by my logic, should be getting harder and harder, so, like I said, if they couldn't manage 1 and 2, they'll probably fall at 3

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

How many people do you think they will interview Kersplat?

thestar wrote: »

I just wrote out 3 posts with different figures and guesses and deleted them all :D

Honest answer, I have no idea and I find it hard to even guess. We'll have a better idea when we see how many are cut from Stage 2.

Time will tell and this is all speculation but I can't see them halving it again next week, that would bring it down to 2500, cut another measly 500 off that at the assessment center and your down to 2000 people for 900 jobs..Now that when my hopes would rise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Time will tell and this is all speculation but I can't see them halving it again next week, that would bring it down to 2500, cut another measly 500 off that at the assessment center and your down to 2000 people for 900 jobs..Now that when my hopes would rise!!

Why not?? If people don't make the cut bye bye, you still have bands 2 and 3 in the long term equation,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

They roughly interview 4 people for 1 position

mycro89 wrote: »
    Why not?? If people don't make the cut bye bye, you still have bands 2 and 3 in the long term equation,

I take it your not in band one? They really wont want to go near it if they can help it

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I take it your not in band one? They really wont want to go near it if they can help it
    I think they might go to Band 2 but I also think that if a panel is formed, then more people from Band 1 will be on that panel than people from Band 2. So, if you need 900 over the next 3 years, I'd say maybe 600-700 would come from Band 1, and then maybe 200 from Band 2. I can't see them getting rid of people from Band 1 after filling the 300 positions for this year, and then getting the 2nd 300 from Band 2, and so on. That wouldn't make much sense. All speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

If that was the case why form the other bands?

mycro89 wrote: »
    If that was the case why form the other bands?

There is a very slight chance that they will look at band 2 and 3. maybe the top 500 from Band 2 could get a call. I'm not gonna get into a debate on it however. Like everything else in this country at the moment, they will want to get this process done with the least expense possible. What I will say to you though is not to rely on getting into the Guards, look on it as something to fall back on. Many people have relied on the job and are now in limbo

• Advertisement

It's eerily quiet around the Garda forums these days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Give it a few days and it will explode into life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I think some people just get píssed off reading the same crap about Band 2 and 3 and getting called or not, gets old and boring very fast. When the results are in it'll kick off again until the usual Band stuff kicks off

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people on here in Band 1, around 15 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I'm band one !

There'll be plenty more band threads after this week or next ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hopefull2014

Im here in band 1 but fed up listening to all the bickering, i feel like im watching the kids argue and at times cant believe its a crowd of adults looking to police our island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Same as that, all the speculation is making me edgy too, just trying not to think about it until closer to the time.

Its only a certain few individuals that come up with unsubstantiated or simple BS statements, and then other people taking them up on that get caught up in that cycle!

A few ruin it for others. We need some speculation i find it unfair the way some people are shot down for having an opinion. I personally am so nervous about it all, i have many different theories going around my head about how its going to work out but like everyone else will just have to wait and hope for the best. It is nerve wrecking :-(

• Advertisement

Too many supposed know it alls, I got shot down plenty of times by people when I asked questions. Would have been just as easy for them to answer the question instead of starting an argument, no sign of them now though.. Cant see why anybody would waste their time commenting on here if they are not in band one

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Too many supposed know it alls, I got shot down plenty of times by people when I asked questions. Would have been just as easy for them to answer the question instead of starting an argument, no sign of them now though.. Cant see why anybody would waste their time commenting on here if they are not in band one

Im band 1 aswell but like others im sick of reading rubbish. At the end of the day no one knows whats happening and im sure we will all find out together :) good luck to ye I hope most if not all of us have good news soon :)

Trying to convince myself that the results wont be out until Friday instead of waiting around everyday for them. Hoping and thinking achieves nothing but that's easily said

Trying to convince myself that the results wont be out until Friday instead of waiting around everyday for them. Hoping and thinking achieves nothing but that's easily said
    I think either tomorro or Tues they'll put a message up on public jobs saying that the results will be released 2 days later, so I'm thinking pretty much the same as happened last time.

Was it a Tuesday they came out on the last time?

It was a Wednesday, 12th of February and I think a message appeared on public jobs 2 days before that saying the results would be out on the 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 carrig4life

I think it was a thursday....

It was definitely a Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Message on PJ website saying when the results would be out for stage 1 was Fri Feb 7th

would be great if it was this week before the bank holiday, just so we know where we stand and can plan for the next stage if lucky enough to advance..

D Trent wrote: »
    Message saying when the results would be out for stage 1 was Fri Feb 7th
    Sorry about that I was wrong. I checked back there, and you're dead right. They updated public jobs on Friday 7th before the results were released

• Advertisement

It definitely is this week, the day it comes out is the question

would be great if it was this week before the bank holiday, just so we know where we stand and can plan for the next stage if lucky enough to advance..

Haha 'plan for next stage' .......in other words if we can get locked on paddys day r not

It definitely is this week, the day it comes out is the question

What's the basis for the "definitely"?

D Trent wrote: »
    Haha 'plan for next stage' .......in other words if we can get locked on paddys day r not

took the words out of my mouth, pass or fail, could be a big drink either way

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What's the basis for the "definitely"?

Did PJ not clearly have on their website that they would be in a position to be issuing results this week?

Did PJ not clearly have on their website that they would be in a position to be issuing results this week?

I don't think so but I may be wrong. I thought the only info we had was "mid March"

Young PJ mentioned that they hoped to be in a position to release them this week !

I'm pretty sure I read it on the homepage of PJ, unless I'm losing it again

yeh be paddys day drink one way or the other :-) hopefully celebrating :-)

I'm pretty sure I read it on the homepage of PJ, unless I'm losing it again

They did for the last time results were out not this time.
    Why would they put it up on homepage and take it down again in a matter of hours

• Advertisement

I read it on facebook, went straight to PJ and it was there in bold writing, 90% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

I read it on facebook, went straight to PJ and it was there in bold writing, 90% sure

I do keep an eye on home page a good bit but I haven't seen it, it was on Facebook that they hoped all right.

It was definitely on Facebook. I saw it myself. Maybe they've taken it down since.

As above, why would they take it down?

Can someone link the FB page :) thanks

There you are

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    As above, why would they take it down?

Can someone link the FB page :) thanks
    This is the exact phrase that was used, "we hope to be in a position to issue results next week". That comment was left around 9am on the 4th of March. I've just looked at their FB page now and can't see it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

They might have taken it down as it might not be as soon as predicted, for stage one they had a notice up on there main website nearly a week before results, nothing there now, this week isn't looking as sure now.

thekopend wrote: »
    They might have taken it down as it might not be as soon as predicted, for stage one they had a notice up on there main website nearly a week before results, nothing there now, this week isn't looking as sure now.
    The comment is still on Facebook. I checked a couple of hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

If it's a case that the results are released this week it will most likely be on Thursday lads. From my experience during this campaign, its usually around 4pm on a Thursday when a message is sent out.

Advertisement