Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Who ever is still waiting is def in top 5000 so stop panicing

what makes you so sure lol :O has it been confirmed all the fails have been sent out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Band 2 for me, Your overall place is: 7291

So guess that's me out. Been realistic a career with AGS dose not seem possible at this stage I have done far too much waiting around so guess it's time to look at other avenues maybe heading in retail management.

As for the Reserves, going to have to look at this maybe the end of the road for this. I was doing it for experience for a the full time but with it all but out the window and the general consensus with full time members that the Reserve is a waste of time and is just hogging up O/T for full timers, I hate to say it but this just proves it.

Ah sure life moves along !

Best wishes and regards to all that made it into the top, you have done yourself proud battling off fierce competition. I hope that you make it to the final rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

And for those in band two and three is the show over for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Ive noticed no one has mentioned band 3.... maybe its us that are still waiting lol I hope not!

cruais wrote: »
    Ive noticed no one has mentioned band 3.... maybe its us that are still waiting lol I hope not!

theres been a few

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

mycro89 wrote: »

Yes it's over it's basically says it in the message, you have to wait to be call there not a chance in hell they can't get 300 recuirts out of 5000, they just didn't want to cut so many people at stage 1 band 2 and 3 is just back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Band 1 ... Placed 162 overall .... YAHHHOOOOOOOO!!! ... Good Luck to.all those still waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im in band 2, what that mean exactly?
    Have attached photosnap of my results

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Band 1 ... Placed 162 overall .... YAHHHOOOOOOOO!!! ... Good Luck to.all those still waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

mycro89 wrote: »

Well there could be drop outs, there could be people in Band 1 who perform very poorly in the next aptitude, they could do the interviews and decide that they don't like the pattern of candidates and decide to call up some Band 2's who scored highly on the questionnaire etc. You never know what could happen.

While I think it would be reasonable for most of those in Band 2 or 3 to not expect much, the bands exist for a reason and it is entirely within the realms of possibility that people in the lower bands could be called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

So batch 2 emails ares still being sent out?

STIG83 wrote: »
    Im in band 2, what that mean exactly?
    Have attached photosnap of my results

It means move on.... You won't be going any further sorry im in the same boat myself

Yes it's over it's basically says it in the message, you have to wait to be call there not a chance in hell they can't get 300 recuirts out of 5000, they just didn't want to cut so many people at stage 1 band 2 and 3 is just back up.

But would it not be programmed that they have a set 5000 to go through. If not all successful applicants complete round 2, they will take the top applicants from band 2 to balance band 1 back to 5000.

When the 5000 have completed round 2, they cut the numbers again? That's the way I was thinking

It means move on.... You won't be going any further sorry im in the same boat myself

Ah well.
    Least I didn't finish band 3. Even though I scored past the qualifying score for each part?
    Good luck to everyone for the next stage :)

msg11 wrote: »
    Band 2 for me, Your overall place is: 7291

So guess that's me out. Been realistic a career with AGS dose not seem possible at this stage I have done far too much waiting around so guess it's time to look at other avenues maybe heading in retail management.

As for the Reserves, going to have to look at this maybe the end of the road for this. I was doing it for experience for a the full time but with it all but out the window and the general consensus with full time members that the Reserve is a waste of time and is just hogging up O/T for full timers, I hate to say it but this just proves it.

Ah sure life moves along !

Best wishes and regards to all that made it into the top, you have done yourself proud battling off fierce competition. I hope that you make it to the final rounds.

I'm in the same boat..... We gave it a try, I think 20000 out of 25000 is a bit harsh to drop based on one test

But would it not be programmed that they have a set 5000 to go through. If not all successful applicants complete round 2, they will take the top applicants from band 2 to balance band 1 back to 5000.

When the 5000 have completed round 2, they cut the numbers again? That's the way I was thinking

They never gave us a date to sit stage 2 surely if that was the plan they would have instead of saying wait for public jobs to message you.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Band 1 #1093, I'm delighted but a long long way to go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

Do we know how many are in each band. What if a number of people have the same score. Would there be 5000 in each or more. I don't think band 2 is ruled out at all I think there is a huge chance of being called. Band three probably don't have a chance. Maybe we should ring and ask. In the next stage, will there be a pass and fail again or will they just take the top scoring. It all depends on how the system works. Well done to the people on here in top batches you did us proud

They never gave us a date to sit stage 2 surely if that was the plan they would have instead of saying wait for public jobs to message you.

On the main screen of public jobs it states that stage 2 must be completed between feb 18th and feb 21st

• Advertisement

I was placed 7765.

On the main screen of public jobs it states that stage 2 must be completed between feb 18th and feb 21st

I'm taking about people in band 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I'm in the same boat..... We gave it a try, I think 20000 out of 25000 is a bit harsh to drop based on one test

Been honest I don't think it's really hit me. So they have to get 5000 down to 300 with 3 more stages with PAS then Background, Medical and Fitness test with AGS. So they will cull batch 1 down to about 3500 then batch 1 of that group down to 2000 will they really interview 2000 people?

Maybe cull 5000 down to 2000 with the next test, then 2000 down to 1000 with the assessment center interview 1000 people pass on around 600 too AGS so they'll have a panel of 600 for the 300 jobs.

IMO I don't think I was given a fair chance at all such a serious cull in numbers in the first test.

How many Reserves made it into the next round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Band one thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Just after finding out I'm in band 1 now. V happy but it's a long journey yet

I'm taking about people in band 2

What I was saying was that the people in band 1 have that certain timeframe to complete stage 2. If not completed in that timeframe, your out of the game and the top from band 2 will be called to make the stage 2 process a 5000 person total.

From this 5000, they would take the top to progress to stage 3

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Been honest I don't think it's really hit me. So they have to get 5000 down to 300 with 3 more stages with PAS then Background, Medical and Fitness test with AGS. So they will cull batch 1 down to about 3500 then batch 1 of that group down to 2000 will they really interview 2000 people?

Maybe cull 5000 down to 2000 with the next test, then 2000 down to 1000 with the assessment center interview 1000 people pass on around 600 too AGS so they'll have a panel of 600 for the 300 jobs.

IMO I don't think I was given a fair chance at all such a serious cull in numbers in the first test.

How many Reserves made it into the next round?

Yes that's been one of the biggest think with this recuirtment we have been all kept in the dark about numbers and amount of people going forwarded ...... Clearly they could outline each stage step by step

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 raul12

Disappointed band 2: 5570 :(

What I was saying was that the people in band 1 have that certain timeframe to complete stage 2. If not completed in that timeframe, your out of the game and the top from band 2 will be called to make the stage 2 process a 5000 person total.

From this 5000, they would take the top to progress to stage 3

Ye but out of 25000 people I'm sure the top 5000 are serious about the job, it would be much better if they outlined excalty what is going to happen instead of leaving people hanging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

Band 2 unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm not surprised a lot of people here are in Band 1. Ye all seem to be very enthusiastic about a career with the Gardai and this shows in the results we have received.

I'm in Band 1 - between 4000 and 4300. I don't want to name my exact score as I'm private about such things.

Anyway, congrats to all.

p.s. In my opinion getting through the tests is about meeting their requirements, the interview is the game changer.
    But If I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me.

Again, well done all!

maybe there being sent out in alphabetical order has anyone with a surname after M been emailed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mrDerek wrote: »
    maybe there being sent out in alphabetical order has anyone with a surname after M been emailed?

I'm a "P" myself. Just got a text msg at 14:30.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm an R.

i literally just got my txt there band 1 :) so if you guys didnt get it i dont know what way there doing it
    maybe by the pps numbers in numerical order

• Registered Users Posts: 25 carrig4life

I'm W
    In band one
    I got an email at 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Omg I feel sick. Band 1, place 20 overall. I seriously need to start my situps!

My msg came through about 45 mins ago and I'm alphabetically A if that helps anyone waiting.

My msg came through about 45 mins ago and I'm alphabetically A if that helps anyone waiting.

Wow that's impressive well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

That part of it is my strongest bit, it's the other stages I have to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I actually can't believe it! I'm shaking, just got the results now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shazelle

I just got my text two mins ago and found out that I'm in band 2, placed 5230. (Much better than I'd expected).

For anyone trying to predict that results being issued late is a sign of Band1, think again! Results have been sent out randomly all day with unsuccessful, band3, band2 and band1 results.

Best of luck to anyone still waiting, and HUGE congrats to those of you who did really well.

That part of it is my strongest bit, it's the other stages I have to worry about.

Well you have a goal now so work towards it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shazelle

Did you just say you got 20th place overall? That's phenomenal. Well done. Good luck at the next stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Just got the results, Band 1, under #500, can't believe it, i'm shaking

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dalyja1892

STIG83 wrote: »
    I was placed 7765.

How u fig out where u where placed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting?

Check your SPAM, thats where mine was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Band 1 :) Happy out!! Ranked in the 900's