Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No price check?

• 12-02-2014 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Been on Aldis website to try do a comparison to tesco in certain products but they are not listing prices as Tesco do on their app...

Can anyone provide any prices if you have shopped there recently? Thanks I'm trying to see how much I can slash the bill

Basics are:
    Porridge/ oats
    Teabags
    Milk
    Loaf of bread
    Chicken breasts
    Spuds
    Rice
    General price of sauces (curry, Bolognase etc)
    Chips

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

you should be cheaper by about 20% in aldis

veg prices change,very few name brands
    like bread,milk should be similar price,if you look fo no name brands in both,
    tea they have non name brand,vs Tesco brand

sauces should be cheaper in aldi and rice as will porradge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco tend to have more variants at different price points. It used to be "teso value", tesco normal, "tesco finest", but now they have lots of tesco own brands with tesco only mentioned in small print, if at all.

I have found many of the sneaky tesco brands are pretty good, like curry leaf brand sauces, or Trattoria Verdi pizzas. These are usually cheaper than tesco normal range and cost more than value, but the quality is often in between tesco normal & tesco finest.

The cheapest milk in tesco is creamfields brand, another tesco sneaky brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Porridge/ oats
    Teabags
    Milk €1.49 2l
    Loaf of bread €0.99c for 50/50
    Chicken breasts
    Spuds
    Rice
    General price of sauces (curry, Bolognase etc)
    Chips 74c for a 450g bag of wedges.

These are the only things I can think of the price of.

Advertisement