Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimetrodon had first ziphodont teeth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Am I missing something when I read that article?

Was under the impression that nearly all know species of Dimetrodon had serated teeth save for Dimetrodon teutonis and possibly Dimetrodon natalis.

Dimetrodon was always one of my favourites as a kid, and to this day I still have some of the Dimetrodon toys I had as a nipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Kess73 wrote: »
    Am I missing something when I read that article?.

I wouldn´t know, I didn´t actually read it :D
    Was under the impression that nearly all know species of Dimetrodon had serated teeth save for Dimetrodon teutonis and possibly Dimetrodon natalis.

See, I was aware that there were other species of Dimetrodon but I only remembered D. grandis, so I have absolutely no idea. Hell, I just post the news...

Dimetrodon was always one of my favourites as a kid, and to this day I still have some of the Dimetrodon toys I had as a nipper.

I have more Dimetrodons than any other prehistoric critter toy from my childhood days (a big one and a ton of small ones- apparently the thing was parthenogenetic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I wouldn´t know, I didn´t actually read it :D

See, I was aware that there were other species of Dimetrodon but I only remembered D. grandis, so I have absolutely no idea. Hell, I just post the news...

I have more Dimetrodons than any other prehistoric critter toy from my childhood days (a big one and a ton of small ones- apparently the thing was parthenogenetic)

D. grandis defo had serated teeth. Which makes the article puzzling given they are trying to say something alrwady known about Dimetrodon teeth is new news.

What a bad week it has been in this forum. An article on one of my favourites that told us nothing new, and then Galv teasing us with grandeur and cake (him not coming out and saying there would not be cake is as good as saying there would be cake :)) for Thursday and not following through :(

Dark times for the forum, dark times indeed. :pac:

It seems like it's dark times for forums in general. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Open message to all other forums then?

Send us cake or we send the dinos. You have been warned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Bluesky008

Desparately trying to find a large Dimetrodon for my little boys 4th birthday.... He is dinosaur obsessed .... If any of you have any ideas on where to buy one I'd really appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bluesky008

Thanks Rubecula ... Saw that one alright ... He's looking for something large so still on the hunt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Adam Khor wrote: »
    So they don't even need to splice in frog DNA :eek:

You know, I always thought they should've used the parthenogenesis idea for Jurassic Park... I mean, sharks, snakes, Komodo dragons, they all can clone themselves in captivity even if they usually reproduce sexually, so, why not dinos? :B
    I suposse Crichton wasn´t aware of it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement