Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Eat

Options
  • 12-02-2014 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm wondering does anyone here use Just Eat, or have any ideas of the numbers for an average takeaway.

I heard JE take 8% of sales - I'm wondering what takeaway businesses feel they get in return and whether there's a sentiment out there that'd favour an alternative solution.

Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

You've got eatcity.ie and feedme.ie in this space as well with the same takeaways in a lot of cases

Personally I use just eat quite a bit, but always pay cash on collection/delivery, JE take an extra 50cent on card payments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Just Eat seem to be the biggest one in Ireland at the moment. I think there ahead of the competition mainly due to there marketing both on tv and online. I know 2 stores that are now getting 5% of there sales from just eat.

I think certain stores go for just eat that other wise wouldnt have the software to accept online orders. Ordering food online has grown huge over the last 5 years and I reckon its going to continue growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I know 2 stores that are now getting 5% of there sales from just eat.

5%? I would have expected it to be more.

Cianos wrote: »
    5%? I would have expected it to be more.

5% would be about 112 orders for these companies so the way there looking at it is that its a lot of extra orders coming in that they were loosing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

5% would be about 112 orders for these companies so the way there looking at it is that its a lot of extra orders coming in that they were loosing out on.

Thanks for that. Any idea of the numbers for the rest of their orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Ordered through just-eat tonight. Delivery scheduled for 9:10pm. By 10pm still nothing so decided to contact them. Only option via mobile site was by email. The automatic response said they would reply within two days! The email also gave an instant chat option. They should call it eventual as opposed to instant, with every response taking a couple of minutes to reply.
    Not impressed, not impressed at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Ordered through just-eat tonight. Delivery scheduled for 9:10pm. By 10pm still nothing so decided to contact them. Only option via mobile site was by email. The automatic response said they would reply within two days! The email also gave an instant chat option. They should call it eventual as opposed to instant, with every response taking a couple of minutes to reply.
    Not impressed, not impressed at all!

Always been helpful any time i needed to contact them. use the site whenever i want a take-away.
    Your order probably took a bit longer today as its valentines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is it though? Any time I just just eat, It's somewhere that I would normally order by phone anyway, but if it's a big order/I'm lazy, it's much easier to just pick and choose online.

I don't think that the 5% orders they are getting online represent an amount of orders they would have missed out on not having just eat.

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Always been helpful any time i needed to contact them. use the site whenever i want a take-away.
    Your order probably took a bit longer today as its valentines.

Order turned up eventually after 2 hours. Delivery guy shocked I wouldn't accept it. Before it arrived, I called up our normal Chinese and everything delivered in 30 mins as usual.
    Waiting to see if I get any feedback from just-eat.

The 2 lads I know believe that the 5% they are getting is actual extra business. They are monitoring there sales on a daily / weekly basis and have seen an increase in since getting the system in.

There main client is under 30 when it comes to online ordering and they are putting the increase down to a younger generation who either dont have credit constantly in there phone to ring in and people who are on laptops / mobile devices and dont want the hassle ringing up the store.

@gloomtastic - After waiting over 40 minutes why did you not just ring the store directly to see what was taking so long. You had an order confirmation from just eat so if I had of been you I would have contacted the store directly.

• Advertisement

@gloomtastic - After waiting over 40 minutes why did you not just ring the store directly to see what was taking so long. You had an order confirmation from just eat so if I had of been you I would have contacted the store directly.

Tried to call them loads of times, no answer on landline or mobile.
    Heard back from just-eat this afternoon. They're taking no responsibility whatsoever for late delivery and recommended I give the take away a negative review via their site. However you cannot review via their App or on their mobile site.
    In my view, a useless money-grabbing service!

Getting beyond a joke now. Dug out my laptop and logged on to just-eat. Lo and behold, no record of last night's order so I cannot give a negative review of the take away.

Does Vladimer Putin have shares in this business?

Thats very bad I thought just eat would have tried to do somehing for you. Do you have a confirmation email I would keep trying to make sure you left negative feedback.

Advertisement