Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick- Limerick City Clubs (GAA/soccer/rugby)

• 12-02-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Will be moving to the city for work around June/July, so halfway through the season for clubs. Dont know where i will be living regarding the city, but i will be working in the Raheen area. So i will be in the lookout for a new club,I dont want a lot of travelling for football (im from tyrone,hurling is non-existent lol). My club at home i play for are senior/intermediate, last year winning the intermediate league. (tyrone intermediate very strong,with several teams going on to win intermediate all-ireland.) Just trying to get an overview of the city in GAA terms etc, any help would be much appreciated.

Also a bit of a soccer man, anyone have any ideas regarding a team in that area? as well as a rugby club? just getting a feel for the place firstly
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Best of luck with the move

I would recommend based on your location ;
    For GAA Na Piarsaigh are a Intermediate Football club and a Senior Hurling club (Munster Champions in Hurling), but I'm sure they have a Junior Hurling team

Saint Pauls would be good for local soccer

Old Crescent or Garryowen for rugby, both have teams at different levels

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

The local gaelic football team to Raheen are Mungret who are also intermediate. If you are playing to a high level in Tyrone senior clubs like Monaleen and St Patricks in the city might be more suited to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

For soccer you have Regional United who are in that area or Mungret Regional who are a few minutes out. Both have A and B teams, dressing rooms and are decent sides at their levels.

Rugby you have Garryowen RFC or Old Crescent RFC.

GAA then you have Mungret St.Pauls which would have lads from Mungret Regional playing GAA as well as soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

The boys have GAA and soccer fixed for you there but bypass Garryowen and Old crescent and head to Young Munsters for your rugby. Roughly a 5-10 minute drive from anywhere in raheen

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dhanna506

thanks for all the info guys, not written in stone that im for limerick of course. But thanks for the advice, least gives me some sort of overview of all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ArdaMan

Hi, Im new to Limerick and currently live in the Dooradoyle/Raheen area. Due to injury and more recently work reasons I have not been playing football(Gaa) for 4yrs. I'd like to get back playing. Being out of action for this length of time I would look for a competive junior or intermediate team. Any suggestions folks?

For Dooradoyle/Raheen you would probably be looking at Mungret St.Pauls GAA.

Thanks Jofspring,
    Do you know what level of football Mungret play?
    At home we would have a senior/intermidate team and then a Junior team.

Thanks Jofspring,
    Do you know what level of football Mungret play?
    At home we would have a senior/intermediate team and then a Junior team.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest but here is their website http://mungretstpauls.com/senior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure to be honest but here is their website http://mungretstpauls.com/senior

Mungret are intermediate football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Summerville rovers would be a good soccer team to join also lot of guys in late twenties early thirties and friendly guys , they have a Facebook page too if you need anymore information

Advertisement