Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wakeboard park in a city

Options
  • 12-02-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was thinking of going to a city during the summer for a few days - doing sightseeing during the day and wakeboarding during the evening - Does anyone know a city which can deliver on this?
    I looked up Berlin and they have one but its 33km away from downtown and it doesn't look to be served by public transport...so not ideal.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Needless to say im looking for a holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I don't know myself but you know I would be very surprised if someone working with Wakeboard Ireland would not have some info for you. See here for some contact info with them and here for contacts in IWWF.

Do post back in here if you find some info yourself. I am still not able to walk more than 20mins without severe back-pain (from fracture in lower spine) so all sporting activities have been postponed by me) but this is something of interest for me, for the future.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

terencemc wrote: »
    Needless to say im looking for a holiday
    Dublin could be a fine destination for a holiday..

You could check out this link for a listing of cable parks. However, I don't know how up-to-date it is. For instance, it doesn't have the wakedock in Dublin listed. Bear in mind that some parks won't let you hit any obstacles if you are using one of their rental boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

It depends on your budget:
    There is OWC in Orlando, Florida, 2 cables and a System 2.0 there

If you can do car rental you'll have loads of options:
    In Turkey there is: Hypnotics
    Germany has 70+ full cables - The wakedock gang went to Turncable and all enjoyed it, 2 cables, clockwise and counter clockwise
    Rome has Hot Lakes about an hour and a half away.
    Hungary has pretty cheap cables
    Abu Dhabi has AL Forsan which looks amazing.
    I think there is a full cable in Riga, Latvia but I'm not sure.

And closer to home, Milton Keynes has 2 cables, Wake MK and Box End both have really friendly staff and have a good range of obstacles, particularly Box End.

It has been said already but you may struggle to find a cable that will let you hit obstacles, so keep that in mind.

Here is another useful website:
    http://www.cablewakepark.eu/cables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lemag wrote: »
    Dublin could be a fine destination for a holiday..

You could check out this link for a listing of cable parks. However, I don't know how up-to-date it is. For instance, it doesn't have the wakedock in Dublin listed. Bear in mind that some parks won't let you hit any obstacles if you are using one of their rental boards.
    In fairness the one in Dublin is only a system 2 and not a proper cable park.

I believe there's one close enough to Malaga airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

ted1 wrote: »
    In fairness the one in Dublin is only a system 2 and not a proper cable park.

I believe there's one close enough to Malaga airport
    The cable in Malaga is salt water and has no obstacles, at least it did not 2 years ago.

Advertisement