Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Mortgage account - Any Irish banks do this?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I currently have my mortgage with Ulster Bank, have my bank accounts with Ulster Bank and have internet banking. I would like to have my mortgage account added to my internet banking also (so showing the total loan amount and payments made so far). Ulster bank have said this is not possible.

Is anyone aware if any other Irish banks have this facility? I have worked in other countries where it is fairly common. You can view the balance owed and can also pay small lump sums off the loan by doing a simple bank transfer and thus reducing the overall interest. You cannot transfer this money back however.

For some people it might be scary seeing 200k etc owed on their bank account but for me it would be an incentive to pay something off when I have surplus cash in my account (not that often I might add!). Currently in order to make overpayments I have to type up a letter stating the amount, sign it and post it in to them which I find a drag and then usually postpone doing so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I have this facility with AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

I have this facility with AIB.

Thanks. Are you also able to make payments against it or can you just see the transactions and balance owed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

I can see my UB mortgage on my online banking, I can't lodge to it or anything but it is there.

phormium wrote: »
    I can see my UB mortgage on my online banking, I can't lodge to it or anything but it is there.

Is it the bank account that your mortgage comes out of (different thing), or the loan itself with all the payments and interest charged etc against it?

I only ask because I have been given conflicting advise from Ulster Bank and will call them back up if other people have the ability to see it. Still doesn't resolve my issue of course of being able to pay off lump sums online against it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

The loan itself is there, I can look at the transactions and balance outstanding. The payments come out of my current account which is totally separate.

I cannot pay off sums of money off it, as far as I know, I wanted to do it some time ago and had to lodge the money to current account and send in letter asking for the transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AlexisM

'Soon-to-depart' Danske Bank also have this facility online - and on their app. You can see the mortgage account - balance, interest charged, repayments coming off etc. - just like a normal account statement - plus you can see the terms (rates, duration, expected final repayment date). And you can do instant transfers from your current account to your mortgage and see the balance change immediately. I will really miss Danske's online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I can see the mortgage balance, last payment, next payment, due date, interest rate, remaining term etc on my online banking with PTSB.

I also have it set up as a transfer in my online banking and can make additional payments from my current account to it as often as I like. They update the online balance once a week on a Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

hadook wrote: »
    I can see the mortgage balance, last payment, next payment, due date, interest rate, remaining term etc on my online banking with PTSB.

I also have it set up as a transfer in my online banking and can make additional payments from my current account to it as often as I like. They update the online balance once a week on a Friday.

It's a pity that AIB don't offer this facility.

Spoke to Ulster bank today. Once again Anytime Banking told me this was not possible and had never heard of it but they would put me through to the Mortgage dept line anyway. The mortgage dept said it was possible and so a lot of toing and froing between the two teams began.

Eventually turns out that yes it is possible and Anytime Banking will add to my account within 3-5 working days. Just appears that zero of the Anytime Banking team seem to know about it.

For ref, anyone looking to do the same, Anytime Banking will need to link your Customer Identification Number along with your Mortgage Account No for it to show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

And remember you can use an EFT to make a payment, not as simple as their app but still straightforward

• Advertisement
Advertisement