Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointment with eircom as a new customer,

Options
  • 12-02-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Disappointment with eircom as a new customer,

Two weeks ago I received  a call from one of eircom’s sales team. I was informed of the benefits of joining eircom and that  efibre would be in my area in February or the end of March at the latest. It was also mentioned that my broadband service would be uncongested for a  home phone and Broadband Advanced Unlimited, which would give me a speed of up to 24mb. My line was tested and I was told it would be able to receive 15mb, not too bad considering I the most I’s previously seen was 6mb. The temptation of receiving efibre with up to 70mb download was hard to resist. So I decided to join eircom. My experience so far, not a good one. To start with, when I signed up I was told my modem would be with my within 3 working days. It never arrived. I didn’t mind too much as I was still with my previous provider until my line was switched over. So after a week (5th Feb) I contacted eircom to enquire where the modem was. My details were taken and I was informed that my broadband had been activated that day but the modem had yet to be sent. So I wasted for it to arrive over the next few days, it never came! So I contacted eircom yesterday (11th Feb) to enquire where the modem was. I was again informed that no modem had been sent out to me! I asked what was going on, and that I had been connected to eircom’s broadband for over a week. No explanation could be given but a modem would be sent out ASAP and that I should receive it on Thur 13th Feb or Fri 14th at the very latest, but there would be a charge appearing on my account of 30e, but I would also receive a credit of 30e to cancel it out… hopefully. So I’ll be patiently waiting on the modem to arrive before this weekend.

Next issue with eircom. I was informed when I joined that my broadband would be uncongested and it would be up to 25mb (15mb on my tested line), which I took with a pinch of salt. Since I hadn’t noticed an increase of speed from my previous provider I carried out a speed test. Surprise, surprise I was receiving 6mb download, the same as my previous provider, but in the evening I was only getting 1.5mb download and 0.5mb upload! Every evening is the same. Surely this cannot be uncongested broadband…. If there was a fault with the line it would be consistent throughout the day. So I proceeded to contact eircom again, after many failed attempts to make contact I eventually got through to tech support. I was informed that I was on a 8mb package and not the 24mb Broadband Advanced Unlimited package I had signed up for! The helpful technician put me on hold and contacted sales for me to see what was going on. The tech came back to me and informed me that sales had changed my package to what I had originally signed up for and that they couldn’t explain how I was put onto the wrong package. Also It would take up to 24hrs for the changes to come into effect! I enquired as to why my broadband speed was slowing considerably every evening when My package was supposed to be uncongested. It was mentioned that I was on an uncongested line but it couldn’t be explained. So much for tech support.
    I then enquired as to when my area was receiving efibre as it was showing on eircom’s map as being available in Feb and the sales guy (Tom) said I would have it as soon as it was available which would be before the end of March at the latest. It seems efibre for my area is now being pushed out towards the end of the year.

In conclusion. My eircom experience has been a disappointment to say the least, the service I’ve received so far extremely poor. I’m still waiting on my modem to arrive 2 weeks after my service has been switched to eircom, I was put onto the wrong broadband speed /package even though My Eircom account was showing me to be on the correct package, my broadband speed drops dramatically in the evening time that can only leave one conclusion… it’s NOT uncongested as I’d been told when I signed up and that efibre was promised by the end of March, now I’ve been informed it would be towards the end of the year (efibre was the main reason I switched to eircom when I did and the promise of uncongested broadband
    If I was asked if I would recommend eircom to a friend on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 was absolutely. I would score eircom a 2. Not what I would expect from a provider whom I’ll be handing over 510 euro over the next 12 months (includes the discount for the first 6 months)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stonebob

god i hate eircom.....wait till you try and leave eircom im 4 months trying to get away half doz times have spent 45mins being passed around customer sevice and the dreaded cancellation dept where the rothwhilers get a grip of you and wont let go ..heard from a friend today that she was 8months and accidently was given the magic internal refrence number allowing her to get free also heard its about to be sold and the need to keep up their numbers to get the best price ...

Advertisement