Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming PS4 Titles

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Other
    Looking forward to Watchdogs, Uncharted4, and the Division.

Also looking forward to Playstation Now, whenever it launches in Europe! Being able to stream PS3 games like The Last of Us, or Grand Theft Auto V through my PS4 will be pretty class like!

Would love to see a new Wipeout game announced for the PS4 too..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Other
    How does that Playstation Now work then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

.ak wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Other
    Cool... Not quite sure I follow the technicality of it though. Like, are you actually streaming a game that's being ran on a remote server? Like, a VPN? Will that not mean loads of lag and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Other
    Cool... Not quite sure I follow the technicality of it though. Like, are you actually streaming a game that's being ran on a remote server? Like, a VPN? Will that not mean loads of lag and stuff?

Lag is possible but Sony bought Gaikai for their technology in this area. Based on hands-on previews of the service, while lag was present, it was largely negligible.

We'll see what it's like when it rolls out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Other
    Looking forward to Watchdogs, Uncharted4, and the Division.

Also looking forward to Playstation Now, whenever it launches in Europe! Being able to stream PS3 games like The Last of Us, or Grand Theft Auto V through my PS4 will be pretty class like!

Would love to see a new Wipeout game announced for the PS4 too..

i've had watchdogs preordered and payed for since august of last year....better hurry the feck up now! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Other
    thief looks very good, atmospheric....stealthy, i like hide and sneeky stuff......!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Strider
    Otacon wrote: »
    Lag is possible but Sony bought Gaikai for their technology in this area. Based on hands-on previews of the service, while lag was present, it was largely negligible.

We'll see what it's like when it rolls out.

can't find it now, but Digital foundry did a comparison between Gaikai and Onlive a long while ago and Gaikai came out on top, doesn't guarantee anything but it does show that Sony went for the technical better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Other
    tok9 wrote: »
    I haven't seen this confirmed. I remember there being rumours but that was it.

The engine it uses "Snow Drop" is not even finished, it's not even 70% finished and this should give you a indication how far the Division is away from us.

However this is good news as it also means the engine in it's full form is a next-gen engine first and foremost and has a lot of promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Other

Playstation Now is racks of PS3 boards, usually 4 in one server rack with each board having about 8 PS3 chips on each playing a game then sending it over the network to you while you control that PS3 board remotely. This is gaikai technology and the reason Sony bought them to begin with and then changed it to playstation now. The ps4 streaming over wifi to the other devices like the vita or bravia tv's is also gaikai technology.

• Advertisement
Advertisement