Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 14th Feb 2014

• 12-02-2014 1:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭

WWE Smackdown
    Feb. 14, 2014 – Ontario, California

(1) The Shield def. Daniel Bryan, Sheamus & Christian. Sheamus accidentally hit the Brogue Kick on Christian, allowing Seth Rollins to pin him.

-Vickie Guerrero comes to the ring and Zeb Colter asks her to be his Valentine. She makes a 4-way match, where the winner gets a shot at the Intercontinental Championship.

(2) Jack Swagger def. Mark Henry / Rey Mysterio / Kofi Kingston

(3) Eva Marie def. Alicia Fox. Eva actually got booed when she came out, which will probably be covered up in post-production. She won with a roll-up.

Bad News Barrett out with some bad news. He calls American wowen fat bigs who eat chocolate on Valentine's Day.

(4) The Usos, Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. The New Age Outlaws, Ryback & Curtis Axel.

(5) Darren Young def. Damien Sandow. Young had new music, and was attacked by Titus O'Neil after the match. Young gets the upper hand in the brawl, ripping off a part of Titus' pants, and stands tall.

(6) The Miz def. Fandango. Santino and Emma came out during the match, and Emma brawled around the ring with Summer Rae. Miz with the Skull Crushing Finale on Fandango during the distraction. Emma and Santino celebrated after the match, doing the weird dance thing…

(7) Cesaro def. Randy Orton. This was a non-title match. Very loud "We the People" chants and even a "Cesaro Section" of fans with signs. 16 revolutions on the Cesaro Swing, which the fans loved. He hit the Neutralizer and beat the WWE World Heavyweight Champion CLEAN.

**** me at that main event results. Thrilled for Cesaro but did Orton need ANOTHER loss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

**** me at that main event results. Thrilled for Cesaro but did Orton need ANOTHER loss?

Likely WWE's way of building drama, where most of these guys beat Orton so people will think he's going to lose only for him to win the Chamber match. Really looking forward to that match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How bad must Christian feel, only one not to get one over on Orton.

The way Orton is being build it's easy to see him walking out of EC as champion, but how much credibility will he have left for the Main Event of WMXXX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wow, Cesaro won CLEAN?

Great for him and he definitely deserves a strong push...but wow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Wow, Cesaro won CLEAN?

Great for him and he definitely deserves a strong push...but wow.

I wouldn't get too excited about it, Kofi won clean a few weeks ago and it has had no effect on his career. It's a victory for storyline purposes not for a push.

Cesaro's push wont begin until he seperates from Swagger and Zeb.

Loughc wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited about it, Kofi won clean a few weeks ago and it has had no effect on his career. It's a victory for storyline purposes not for a push.

Cesaro's push wont begin until he seperates from Swagger and Zeb.

Fair point but I expect him to be a top guy by around Summerslam. He's very over right now and people want to cheer him.

Hopefully he won't be another WWE give up on.

Jobbing out the champion is really, really weird though. After merging the belts they've pretty much buried the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Were Zeb and Swagger ringside for the main event I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Says more about where they are going with Orton than Cesaro. He has lost 3 out of 4 & will probably lose to Sheamus on Raw. Wonder what he said to Stephanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cesaro will come out EC in a fued with Sheamus leading into Wrestlemaina would be my thinking after RAW this week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

(5) Darren Young def. Damien Sandow. Young had new music, and was attacked by Titus O'Neil after the match. Young gets the upper hand in the brawl, ripping off a part of Titus' pants, and stands tall.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The last minute of the main event:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Poor Sandow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow....it's as clean a finish as can be.

That spinning uppercut looked awesome though.

CSF wrote: »
    Poor Sandow.

Not a huge fan of his but he has been used incredibly bad since he won the MITB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of his but he has been used incredibly bad since he won the MITB.

They made him generic as ****, AGGRESSIVE!!!

Took away all the fun as they usually do with heels

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They made him generic as ****, AGGRESSIVE!!!

Took away all the fun as they usually do with heels

The only positive thing that they made with him was that great "I > U" shirt & his performance vs Cena. Thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The way things have been going it seemed Colter was going to turn on Swagger with Cesaro staying heel. Hopefully, the way this reads, they have realised how dumb this would be, and now they are going to turn Cesaro face instead. Hopefully.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sounds like another good show overall, I will try to watch it.
    Vickie Guerrero comes to the ring and Zeb Colter asks her to be his Valentine.

That could be funny, Zeb usually is.

Like Teamshadowclan said, that spinning uppercut was class! If Cesaro does break away from the Real Americans, a) will he be replaced and b) wonder what his face gimmick would be like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cesaro is awesome, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

How odd would it be if creative just said f it and just give the Real Americans all the male titles
    Cesaro with the WWE heavyweight title.
    Swagger with the intercontinental title.
    Real Americans with the tag titles.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    How odd would it be if creative just said f it and just give the Real Americans all the male titles
    Cesaro with the WWE heavyweight title.
    Swagger with the intercontinental title.
    Real Americans with the tag titles.

The NEW Power Trip!

The-two-Man-Power-Trip-Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-and-The-Game-HHH_display_image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Look at all those empty seats! WWE will be out of business in a month!

Am I doing it right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is a heel turn likely on the cards for Sheamus?

Reports are that Eva vs Alicia was cut from SD. The international edition only shows highlights, and it's expected on the full broadcast.

trainwreck.gif

Surely highlights would be them leaving?

Cesaro borrowed yer da's black tape to cover "Tony" on his jacket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Did they cut out the Vicki/Zeb part of SD? On the Fatal 4 Way now

Another good show. I was mildly let down by the 6 man tag considering the standards set by the competitors. The fatal 4 way was fun, great clashes of styles. No divas match but they showed the worthless Raw 6 Diva Tag. Enjoyable main too with Tony Cesaro putting in a good showing bell to bell as usual.
    Thats 3 weeks in a row of very enjoyable Smackdowns.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cesaro borrowed yer da's black tape to cover "Tony" on his jacket.

Sara Del Ray has some stitching to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cesaro is the fücking man. Full stop. That match, plus his win, were awesome. It'll lead to nothing of course, knowing WWE

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Cesaro is the fücking man. Full stop. That match, plus his win, were awesome. It'll lead to nothing of course, knowing WWE

It wont. Kofi pinned Orton clean a few weeks ago and got nothing. Unlike this, that happened on Raw as well which is a far bigger deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its all a storyline to make Orton look beatable and undeserving of the title, its unfortunately not about getting Cesaro over. But sure it wont hurt him.

In fairness they really went with the story that Kofi's win was a fluke.

Cesaro beat Orton very decisively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

True, but I feel its more that Orton is off his game and complacent storyline wise more than anything. Cesaro is a star in the making though and wont be long I hope til hes in the upper card more often

I hope so. He has "the look" anyway and he's good on the mic.

And he has a really unique style in the ring that makes fans want to see him imo. He has that freak of nature aura about him too. He really should be WWE Champion sometime in the next 2 years i'd say.

Doubt he'll ever top the swing on Christopher Daniels though. Close to 2 minutes :pac:

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    In fairness they really went with the story that Kofi's win was a fluke.

Cesaro beat Orton very decisively.

On Smackdown. A fluke on Raw would mean more than any win on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just watching it now. JBL uses the same script every week

'The Irish love to fight'
    'Somebody forgot to tell Billy Gunn to age'
    'Rey is the littlest big man in WWE history'
    'Goldust is in the best shape of his career'

Surprised Orton fell to Cesaro. I'm not convinced it's as insignificant as people are saying. Sure it was Smackdown, but his 'gauntlet' is something that's been talking about on both brands. A clean loss for the champion regardless of where it is, is surely worth noting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    On Smackdown. A fluke on Raw would mean more than any win on Smackdown.

How does that make any sense?

Smaller audience see wrestler as credible v larger audience see wrestler as a fluke, how is the bigger audience seeing a guy as a fluke better?

It's only a 25 to 30 percent smaller audience anyway. Most fans will read or hear about it as well.

In both cases follow up is key but no doubt Cesaro starting point is much better

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How does that make any sense?

Smaller audience see wrestler as credible v larger audience see wrestler as a fluke, how is the bigger audience seeing a guy as a fluke better?

It's only a 25 to 30 percent smaller audience anyway. Most fans will read or hear about it as well.

In both cases follow up is key but no doubt Cesaro starting point is much better

Smackdown means nothing. That's how. It's about as important as Superstars. Only Raw and PPV matter in WWE these days.

Smackdown means nothing. That's how. It's about as important as Superstars. Only Raw and PPV matter in WWE these days.

I disagree with your reasoning even more now. As I said before a smaller audience seeing a convincing win over the world champion is far better than a 25-30% bigger audience seeing a wrestler get a fluke win.

• Advertisement

I disagree with your reasoning even more now. As I said before a smaller audience seeing a convincing win over the world champion is far better than a 25-30% bigger audience seeing a wrestler get a fluke win.

Smackdown is rarely even mentioned on Raw. Maybe a 5 second bit to tell us what the main event will be but otherwise it is ignored for the most part. Smackdown on the other hand often shows us tonnes of what happened on Raw. The results on Smackdown mean absolutely nothing overall. A win on Raw, under any circumstances, is far better than a win on Smackdown, under any circumstances.

Any circumstances?

Disagree for reasons already outlined.

I doubt the 3 million plus that watched Smackdown in USA switch it off and go - I will ignore that, it was only Smackdown and would be much better presented as a fluke Win on RAW.

Edit: that's last weeks rating so should say around 3 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Deadlie wrote: »
    Just watching it now. JBL uses the same script every week

'The Irish love to fight'
    'Somebody forgot to tell Billy Gunn to age'
    'Rey is the littlest big man in WWE history'
    'Goldust is in the best shape of his career'

Surprised Orton fell to Cesaro. I'm not convinced it's as insignificant as people are saying. Sure it was Smackdown, but his 'gauntlet' is something that's been talking about on both brands. A clean loss for the champion regardless of where it is, is surely worth noting.

Yes! He does...
    'If you build a sports entertainer from the ground up, he'd look like Randy Orton'
    'That was impressive'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty good chance they'll talk about it and show a bit on Raw, either when talking about Orton's match on Raw or with Renee interviewing Cesaro backstage.

I think if Cesaro lasts longer than 2 of the other guys in the Chamber then they're pushing him since apart from Christian, the other names are pretty high on WWE's list.

Any circumstances?

Disagree for reasons already outlined.

I doubt the 3 million plus that watched Smackdown in USA switch it off and go - I will ignore that, it was only Smackdown and would be much better presented as a fluke Win on RAW.

Edit: that's last weeks rating so should say around 3 million.

I'd love if it did mean something. But, a win on Smackdown is a tiny step above a win on Superstars. Pretty much worthless overall. Doesnt matter if 10 million people watch it since WWE rarely ever acknowledge Smackdown. It doesnt matter to WWE what happens on it. Raw is what matters.

I'd love if it did mean something. But, a win on Smackdown is a tiny step above a win on Superstars. Pretty much worthless overall. Doesnt matter if 10 million people watch it since WWE rarely ever acknowledge Smackdown. It doesnt matter to WWE what happens on it. Raw is what matters.

We know follow up is important, a win on Smackdown is worth something with follow up. I would also love it if it meant something after the chamber.

Before the follow up (or lack of one) a convincing win on the second show with a good viewership is better than a fluke win on any show imo.

Obviously a convincing win in PPV is no 1, RAW is 2, Smackdown lets say 4. So yes Smackdown is not the most important show. It's had some important moments in recent times so not comparable to superstars at all, Shield first loss or them taking out Taker.

A fluke win can do more damage that good if the audience now thinks your only able to win like that.

Advertisement