Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill rollover without consent

Options
  • 12-02-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi
    Just contacted your offices and they have informed me that my contract was extended by 1yr without my consent and my discount reduced to 6%.  I did not receive any notice of this. I was told that I cannot get out of this contract until June 2014.  When I asked to be put through to sales to discuss it she said "she received a communication that her dept was not to forward calls through to sales.  I explained I cannot ring 1850 numbers. Her reply was to ring back when you get a phone that does:eek:.
    Could you help me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi clancyoo7,

We regret you are not happy with your customer experience. We will indeed assist you if you send a private message confirming you are the account-holder, your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number. At times, our Customer Service advisors are unable to transfer calls to Sales due to call volume, but we in this department will try to communicate with Sales internally for you.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just contacted your offices and they have informed me that my contract was extended by 1yr without my consent and my discount reduced to 6%.  I did not receive any notice of this. I was told that I cannot get out of this contract until June 2014.  When I asked to be put through to sales to discuss it she said "she received a communication that her dept was not to forward calls through to sales.  I explained I cannot ring 1850 numbers. Her reply was to ring back when you get a phone that does:eek:.
    Could you help me

You can't legally be held to such a contract and only scummy companies would use such underhand tactics, I would also suggest that the telephone staff need urgent retraining in customer relations.

Advertisement