Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I be paying for a full sleeve

Options
  • 12-02-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering what a rough cost of a half and a full sleeve is these days? Is it more or less the same ( maybe 50 quid more or less depending on the detail or .. )

Just wondering before I go in there what to expect.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd say about 350 :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

How long is a piece of string?

Really does depend on what you're getting done, and who by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'd say about 350 :rolleyes:
    Good luck with that I've spent about E1200 so far with another 3 or 4 sessions to go.I'm getting a greatly reduced rate as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It depends entirely on what you get done, which artist does it, and how fat your arm is (more space = more time).

Average prices range from 80-100 euro per hour, and sleeves can take many hours to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KeepItQT

I have a deal where it's €500 a session no matter if you last 10 minutes or 10 hours.

Great deal if you ask me,from an unbelievable tattoo artist. Should work out between €1000 - €1500 depending on what your getting done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You can probably do the outside of the upper arm in 6-9 hours, maybe less depending on the detail, or as long as you want. A full sleeve inside and out 25-40 hours maybe. Dunno, saw a sick sleeve from a Latvian artist on a forum before and he reckoned he did it in 15 hours.

Assuming you go for a few big boy sessions you'll probably pay €50-80 for the hour.

There's so many variables. I think people have posted here saying they've paid Chris in White Dragon ~£2000+ for a sleeve. There's artists down the country in small towns though that'll probably work out at €40 x 20 = <€800

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I heard of a guy that'll do a sleeve for 100 quid but you have to provide the Dettol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

Really does depend on what you're getting done, and who by.

This there are so many variables to consider it can vary from say a thousand to a few thousand for instance I have both rib cages covered one cost me 400 the other 3,000.

All depends on what you want done, level of detail, colour or black and grey, artist speed, artists hourly rate etc
    dinorebel wrote: »
    Good luck with that I've spent about E1200 so far with another 3 or 4 sessions to go.I'm getting a greatly reduced rate as well.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hate to be the anatomy nazi but you only have one rib cage Marty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fewtins wrote: »
    Hate to be the anatomy nazi but you only have one rib cage Marty :pac:

:pac::pac: smartarse you know what I meant both sides of my ribcage would that be a satisfactory answer doctor to be? :).

Awaits smart reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i'm starting a sleeve in 4weeks and 2days time and was told full colour sleeves depending on arm size and how much detail going into it normally take between 7-10 sessions @400 per session

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've paid 350 for my 3/4 sleeve so far on my left arm and 250 for my half sleeve on my right arm but il be making that a full sleeve aswell.
    These prices are because the artist is a fella I know very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

chefs-parents.jpg

On a serious note I'd estimate that for me based on the work I have already done it would cost me 2 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I may of underestimated the cost of mine to my wife when I was planning mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Sleeve from Chris Crooks, try £3500.

Advertisement