Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm damage Tramore

Options
  • 12-02-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭

I heard rumours of the CBS roof having come off? Can this be translated as 'a few slates have gone' or is it more serious?

I did see a mobile home being stripped of its roof by the wind.

Anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tramore - we have power but no water. Could be a while before we get water according to wcc website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The Coco haven't a clue when the water will be back on as it's the electricity supply to the Fenor /Dunhill that is out ,that is the supply for the waterpump in Ballyscanlon.

I'm totally sick of the quality of the water service we have in Tramore from the Council.

Roll on the Council integration I say, they might start putting some effort into their jobs if the jobs are under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

The Coco haven't a clue when the water will be back on as it's the electricity supply to the Fenor /Dunhill that is out ,that is the supply for the waterpump in Ballyscanlon.

I'm totally sick of the quality of the water service we have in Tramore from the Council.

Roll on the Council integration I say, they migh start putting some effort in their jobs if the jobs are under threat.

So, what your post says is basically - the reason the water is out is beyond the control of the council.

And the rest of it is a general rant unrelated to the current issue?

So, what your post says is basically - the reason the water is out is beyond the control of the council.

And the rest of it is a general rant unrelated to the current issue?

If you lived in Tramore you would know that both the quality and supply of water is a joke and way below any reasonable standard. If you live in Tramore then you obviously live in a bubble ...or work for the council.

Let me tell you how easy this problem is to sort out .

GET A TEMPORARY GENERATOR TO POWER THE PUMP . These can be hired in Clem Jacob,Sam Hire,Speedy Hire...get it. It's only a problem when the council refuse to do something about it.

And yes, I am having a rant ... whats it to you ?.

If you lived in Tramore you would know that both the quality and supply of water is a joke and way below any reasonable standard. If you live in Tramore then you obviously live in a bubble ...or work for the council.

Let me tell you how easy this problem is to sort out .

GET A TEMPORARY GENERATOR TO POWER THE PUMP . These can be hired in Clem Jacob,Sam Hire,Speedy Hire...get it. It's only a problem when the council refuse to do something about it.

And yes, I am having a rant ... whats it to you ?.

I do live in Tramore, and I have water today. Maybe the council have it in for you?

• Advertisement

I live in Tramore and I do not have water, but when i do the quality is fine, much better than some parts of Waterford.

I do live in Tramore, and I have water today. Maybe the council have it in for you?

Yepp. Me and All the houses along the ring rd . Are ou on a private well ?.

Waterford Coco statement

" Tramore, Dunmore East, Cheekpoint are expected to be restored by 21:00. Full water supply to high areas may not be restored until morning.
    Date: 13 Feb 2014

Latest from ESB - Interruptions to Water Supply until 21:00 tonight for Tramore, Dunmore East, Cheekpoint, Faithlegg, Butlerstown due to ongoing issues with the power grid affecting Water pumping stations; A water tanker is being put in place at Priest Road, near church in Tramore.

Waterford County Council and Irish Water - apologies for any inconvenience caused. "

just me ?.
    looksee wrote: »
    I live in Tramore and I do not have water, but when i do the quality is fine, much better than some parts of Waterford.

I would not be so sure about your water quality.

Here is a pic of my first stage water filter . It was changed at the end of August 2013 and then checked at the end of November 13 . Because we in Tramore are sourcing from an open lake all kinds of crap get washed into it during heavy rain. This filter only removes particles that are 1micron and above . My second and third stage filters remove pesticides ,tastes and aluminium and the likes. I had to put these filters in place because of the problems with the supply in Tramore.

Note that the inner part of the filter is white, the whole filter was pure white on fitting...also. Note the sludge in the bottom of the sink bowl that setteled from the filter.

I am happy to drink the water from the tap. I do not suffer from upset gut or any other issues relating to water.

looksee wrote: »
    I am happy to drink the water from the tap. I do not suffer from upset gut or any other issues relating to water.

Thats your decision. I'm not happy drinking subpar water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

With a RO filter system, its going to get dirty in time. Lots of people change it every 6months. I live outside tramore and would have no problem in drinking it from the tap. Have run tests on the water and get "parts per million or PPM of 90" which is a very low figure. I think the water is very high quality but still run it by my filter system before drinking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Dunno what ye are blowing on about Ive never had a problem with the quality of water here

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Dunno what ye are blowing on about Ive never had a problem with the quality of water here

Well your very lucky .

This is the water in Tramore today at 12pm ,straight from the tap. I would certainly not drink this crap .The smell of chlorine on it's own is enough to put me off. Check it yourself.

ps. I know that I am not the only one unhappy about the quality of the supply in Tramore.

Well your very lucky .

This is the water in Tramore today at 12pm ,straight from the tap. I would certainly not drink this crap .The smell of chlorine on it's own is enough to put me off. Check it yourself.

ps. I know that I am not the only one unhappy about the quality of the supply in Tramore.

You seem to be the only one in this thread though -)

I've lived in a few different spots around the town with mains water and have never had problems.

You should've taken the pic before you washed the dog though in fairness...

You seem to be the only one in this thread though -)

I've lived in a few different spots around the town with mains water and have never had problems.

You should've taken the pic before you washed the dog though in fairness...

All you have tried to add to this discussion are broad sweeping ,vague statements . You sound like an apologist for the civil service or a union ...are you ?.

I have posted photographic evidence to back up my statements . You on the other hand have added nothing constructive but derisory remarks trying to fob off my posts.

I do not have a dog.

Well your very lucky .

The water has been off because of storm damage to power. It only came back this morning. There was probably that much muck in your attic water tank. When the water came on and refilled your tank, it stirred up the silt. Even if that is how it came out of the mains tap there can be some discolouration for a few hours till the system settles down. Granted, I did not drink water from the tap for a few hours today, but now it is running normally again I am happy to drink it.

And no, I am not an apologist for the county council, I just do not see any point in making a lot of noise about something that is not an issue, I will save my energy for real problems.

All you have tried to add to this discussion are broad sweeping ,vague statements . You sound like an apologist for the civil service or a union ...are you ?.

I have posted photographic evidence to back up my statements . You on the other hand have added nothing constructive but derisory remarks trying to fob off my posts.

I do not have a dog.

Broad sweeping vague statements?! I've lived my whole life in and around the town, and I don't remember there ever being a problem with the tap water in any of the places I've lived... How's that vague or sweeping?

I'm not an apologist for anyone - though I sympathise with your situation... (Your absence of any sense of humour or good spirited banter I mean!)

Well you lads can just accept the very low standard of water being supplied to Tramore these days . I have noticed over the last 5+ yrs the quality has nose dived . Many visitors to Tramore have commented to me how bad the water is as it is obviously saturated with bleach and after any kind of heavy rain gets very badly silted up (goes brown) ,but I suppose if you are used to the taste and find it acceptable you would not notice just how bad it is.

It is not just me . Many of my friends and family in Tramore have had filter systems installed as the quality is so unstable. The pumping station in Ballyscanlon is a joke .it is very substandard and obsolete in the modern era . There is little to no filtration.

Ahh, but sure ..ignorance is bliss.

Well you lads can just accept the very low standard of water being supplied to Tramore these days . I have noticed over the last 5+ yrs the quality has nose dived . Many visitors to Tramore have commented to me how bad the water is as it is obviously saturated with bleach and after any kind of heavy rain gets very badly silted up (goes brown) ,but I suppose if you are used to the taste and find it acceptable you would not notice just how bad it is.

It is not just me . Many of my friends and family in Tramore have had filter systems installed as the quality is so unstable. The pumping station in Ballyscanlon is a joke .it is very substandard and obsolete in the modern era . There is little to no filtration.

Ahh, but sure ..ignorance is bliss.

And every time I blissfully ignorantly imbibe a glass of delicious Tramore water, I'll be thinking of you Joner... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

What's all this about nonsense about Ballyscanlan? The majority of the water supplied to Tramore comes through the Water Filtration Plant at Adamstown, Kilmeaden. There's a booster pumphouse at Orchardstown, Butlerstown and reservoir beds at Sporthouse and Ballydrislane.

http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/waterservices/watersupplyschemes/eastwaterfordwatersupplyscheme/

Advertisement