Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights going on and off in this storm

Options
  • 12-02-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Is it just us? Its like a disco:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Dbu wrote: »
    Is it just us? Its like a disco:eek:

It's not just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

uns uns uns

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

same here too the poor ordinateurs are having a hissy fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Weird thing is that its just the lights and not the sockets....pc's are staying on..

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

It's the middle of the day people, turn your lights off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

It's the middle of the day people, turn your lights off.

ya right, its a shop, wouldn't want any unnecessary claims against us now would we .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

A lot of chaos out there.

Trees down on Pope's Quay, Western RoadCork Airport closed due to falling debris. Classes suspended at UCC - students and staff advised to stay indoors. Canteen evacuated at CIT due to roof damage. Damage to Couny Hall, Cork Con, Colaiste Sproid Naomh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Tree down on outbound lanes of South link; and at Brookfield Hall near UCC (seen photos of both of these, don't know if they've been cleared up by now).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Windy City will be the new name for Cork in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

evilivor wrote: »
    A lot of chaos out there.

Trees down on Pope's Quay, Western RoadCork Airport closed due to falling debris. Classes suspended at UCC - students and staff advised to stay indoors. Canteen evacuated at CIT due to roof damage. Damage to Couny Hall, Cork Con, Colaiste Sproid Naomh.

what happened to Spioraid Naoimh? my alma mater! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

To any sailor, "Leeside" means "away from the wind". Hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Anyone's Sky signal gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

what happened to Spioraid Naoimh? my alma mater! :pac:

Part of the roof was blown off, my brother chose today of all days to be sick. Dan Linehan had a photo on his twitter account. My guess is the roof came off the new sports hall.

found a video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The road between eircom and the turn off for Knocknaheeny had 2 felled trees which took power lines with them into a few peoples gardens. Looked like lots of damage.

A few cars got in on popes quay and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

Got out for a jog after work, spotted two trees felled on the Marina. Apart from that didn't see much, the bits blown off the bar in Blackrock look to have been cleaned up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Three or four felled trees on the old train tracks from the Marina to Mahon.

Cycling along there on my way home from work and almost went straight into the first one, even with my lights on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Some massive trees blown over up by the funeral home on boreenmanna rd. all onto the grass though. So no blockages it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Passed by that tree in the Marina this morning ~ we drove over a branch !!!!! Scary to see what happened a little later.

Pass the funeral home every day, and I did not miss the felled tree, and it's a massive one too.

Passed Cork Con and saw the debris, now we know it was the roof, of a new building???? Gosh. I had heard that it was cladding, but the new roof totally removed in a section. Mad altogether.

Advertisement