Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

An File wrote: »
    Looks like the AA website is down. Does anyone know if the bridges into town (Thomond, Sarsfield, Shannon) are closed?

Sarsfield bridge is closed till 5 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Work out Crecora direction, came to Raheen around 12.45 for a roll and couldn't get back out! Trees down everywhere, especially around Limerick Golf Club and Crecora. In fairness to the council they're on the scene in a few places but I came across at least 10 different trees down out there alone, so they're stretched to the max.

Stay safe kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

marienbad wrote: »
    Wind seems to be dying off a bit now. Did limerick get an orange or a red warning ?
    I wonder was this their problem?
    Shannon Radar Offline (MET) Unfortunately, our radar at Shannon Airport appears to have suffered wind damage and is offline. Repairs will be made as oon as possible. We apologise for this interruption in service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Someone at work said the Toll was free today as the canopy blew off in the high winds!! Anyone else hear that or is it April 1st??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

An File wrote: »
    Looks like the AA website is down. Does anyone know if the bridges into town (Thomond, Sarsfield, Shannon) are closed?

Twitter feed still works
    https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Can't get AA roadwatch at the moment. Is the Condell Road/NCR junction open again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Anyone in Caherconlish/Ballyneety area stay safe a lot of trees down and a telephone almost down on the corner of inch st laurence,

My shed blow down and is currently lying on top of my car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

This infant terrible has a name “Storm Darwin” which we won’t forget for a while in Limerick.

According to the Leader, 34,000 homes across Limerick city without power.

Which probably explains why this thread has gone quiet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

The toll was free for me at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Shed roof from house 2 down from me has blown off and windows in Our Lady of Lourdes school blown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

From Limerick Councils https://twitter.com/limerickcityco

Sarsfield Bridge (R857) is closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic until 9.00pm. Please use Shannon Bridge and Thomond Bridge. #limerick

Condell Road and Lower Shelbourne Road (R527) in #Limerick City is closed until midnight 12/02/2014

Ennis Road, Roses Avenue is closed until further notice. North Circular Road, at Redgate is closed until further notice. #Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Shannon Bridge is still open, traffic is light. The river bank on the Condell Road side is looking very wet but high tide is now and the winds have died down from earlier so I don't think it's going to get any worse over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I was passing the maldron hotel earlier and it looks like the roof on the circular part of the roof has been blown off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

River is very high atm.

There is also a massive tree down on upper Church road as one heads towards Ballycummin. Road is totally blocked and anyone who needs to go that way will have to find another route.

My friends apartment building. That's his apartment on the top floor. His other half was sitting down watching tv on the otherside of that patio door when it happened. She's ok

She must be the girl that was interviewed for the radio. She was just on the news at six on 4FM. She was describing how she was just sitting down and all of a sudden a chunk of the building came away.

Must have been a hell of a fright for her. Great that nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

On N20 near Croom around 5:45pm saw a Munster Joinery lorry on its side and there was a car under it. It was on the side of road. Does anyone have any details? No gardai on scene at the time.

nathan184 wrote: »
    On N20 near Croom around 5:45pm saw a Munster Joinery lorry on its side and there was a car under it. It was on the side of road. Does anyone have any details? No gardai on scene at the time.

If you are in any doubt, best ring the gardai and let them know what you saw and exactly where. Better to waste a call and get told they already know about it than for it to go unreported for long.

Kess73 wrote: »
    She must be the girl that was interviewed for the radio. She was just on the news at six on 4FM. She was describing how she was just sitting down and all of a sudden a chunk of the building came away.

Must have been a hell of a fright for her. Great that nobody was hurt.
    Didn't hear that. Had the local news on. Will check again at 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

What colour was the car do you mind telling me? The missus is driving from Mallow to Limeirck and now my feckin worried!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you are in any doubt, best ring the gardai and let them know what you saw and exactly where. Better to waste a call and get told they already know about it than for it to go unreported for long.

On the news. Girl that was in the car was OK.

• Advertisement

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    On the news. Girl that was in the car was OK.
    Thank you. It must have looked a lot worse than it was cos it really didn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

nathan184 wrote: »
    Thank you. It must have looked a lot worse than it was cos it really didn't look good.

Car colour?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Car colour?
    I didn't see sorry. Could only see the underside of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In Clareview with no electricity. 3 ESB trucks been and gone with no electricty restored. Only fault showing on the ESB website is Moylish. Looks like it could be the night without electricity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jofspring wrote: »
    In Clareview with no electricity. 3 ESB trucks been and gone with no electricty restored. Only fault showing on the ESB website is Moylish. Looks like it could be the night without electricity.

In ballyclough outside raheen and no power since mid afternoon! No information about this outage and phone batteries dying

In a hotel that has a good view over the city. There's a big black spot on the south side that was lit up last night

Mc Love wrote: »
    In ballyclough outside raheen and no power since mid afternoon! No information about this outage and phone batteries dying

Westbury power out since this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

RTE gave a mention to Limerick on the 9 news. All about Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Plenty of windows blown in in Mary I today too. Contents of lecture halls and offices ended up in the car park. Trees were knocked down around the campus as well.
    All students were evacuated from the upper floors of the foundation building at 3pm as a result of the windows blowing in.

Scary stuff!

• Advertisement

Local Area: Corbally
    Customers Affected: 1127
    Started: 12/02/2014 13:53
    Interruption Type: Fault
    Estimated Restore: 13/02/2014 21:45
    Message: We apologise for the loss of supply. We are currently working to repair a fault affecting your premises and will restore power as quickly as possible.

Advertisement