Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station, Osberstown - does it belong to Sallins or Naas?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We are thinking about buying a NEW 3 beds Semi-Detached house in the Oldbridge Station, Osberstown. The asking price is 240,000 and no room for negotiation.

- Osberstown is belong to Sallins or Naas ? If we buy it here, can our kids
    go to any primary school in the Naas ? :confused:

- Is it a nice & safety &quiet estate ? Is it mainly owner/ family occupied ?

- Any anti-social behavior in this area ? We heard some bad reviews about
    Sallins such as drugs ? :confused:

- Flood Risk Area ? really worried about it because of 2009 Sallins Flood :eek:

- How about Alder Grove in the Naas ? The 3 beds End of Terrace will be
    guiding 240,000 :mad:

- We need train to commuter, but how about Clane? :confused:

Any information welcome ! Thanks a lot !:P:P:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Had a look at these myself. Bit overpriced IMO considering their size and location. Can see no justification in a price rise of 23k over the previous phase

They are waaaaaay closer to Sallins than Naas. I would say they are Sallins but SherryFitz are pitching them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring the schools and see if they work on catchment area or 1st come 1st served.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vivianmm

GavMan wrote: »
    Had a look at these myself. Bit overpriced IMO considering their size and location. Can see no justification in a price rise of 23k over the previous phase

They are waaaaaay closer to Sallins than Naas. I would say they are Sallins but SherryFitz are pitching them

I think it is overpriced as well but 4 was sold on the day of open viewing. Are you interested in Alder Grove ?:D

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Ring the schools and see if they work on catchment area or 1st come 1st served.

Thanks for reply. I will. :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vivianmm wrote: »
    - Osberstown is belong to Sallins or Naas ? If we buy it here, can our kids go to any primary school in the Naas ? :confused:
    It is Sallins, but whether you can get into any particular school will depend on supply, demand and the admissions policy of the school. I imagine there are a fair few young families in the area.
    - Is it a nice & safety &quiet estate ? Is it mainly owner/ family occupied ?
    I don't know the area, but you are between a railway and a motorway. Go along at 8-9pm on a dry Friday or Saturday night to see what things are like.
    - Flood Risk Area ? really worried about it because of 2009 Sallins Flood :eek:
    The area seems flat, so do check this out.
    - We need train to commuter, but how about Clane? :confused:
    Station has car park, Clane has buses - Bus Éireann routes 120 + 123 +126N. Kenneallys operate a bus from Clane to Sallins station - route 846.

Put your exact locations (home and work/study) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Select "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    It is Sallins, but whether you can get into any particular school will depend on supply, demand and the admissions policy of the school. I imagine there are a fair few young families in the area.

I don't know the area, but you are between a railway and a motorway. Go along at 8-9pm on a dry Friday or Saturday night to see what things are like.

The area seems flat, so do check this out.

Station has car park, Clane has buses - Bus Éireann routes 120 + 123 +126N. Kenneallys operate a bus from Clane to Sallins station - route 846.

Put your exact locations (home and work/study) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Select "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

Wow, a really good website, Thanks Victor :p:p:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You seriously need to ring the local schools regarding their admission policies- even if you lived next door to the school, it is no guarantee that you would be offered a place. The whole thing about catchment areas- isn't really as valid as you imagine- it depends on lots of factors- not least when you actually get your application in. Keep in mind- given the demographic of the area, it is probable that there are insufficient places in the local schools to cater for all potential applicants- schools can cherrypick who they let in, and who they send elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Hi we bought a house in this development, recently moved in. The estate is very quiet, lots of families and commuters. We love the house, very warm & a lot of extras but then again we paid considerably less than what they are looking for them now. Another viewing today so the rest will probably sell soon. Good luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

I live in the area.

Oldbridge and Hunters Wood is Osberstown Naas technically although its on the line between Sallins.

There is not risk of flooding.

The Waterways was affected by the major floods a few years back. This was due to bad planning and building on a flood plain. Drainage was installed and it is sorted now. Oldbridge is the other side of the main road and was not affected at all and has a storm drain system anyway.

It is quiet, but this seems to attract robbers. A few cars have been nicked in the area in the last year. Garda have nabbed a few scum bags there in the past.

There are loads of young families about . Lots of friends to for children to hook up with. Lots of green area around also and the place is well kept with considerate residents.

Its hard to get a place in the local school.

The new houses(and many of the old ones) are all timber frame . They are still knocking them out with very very fast. Oldbridge stations was a field less than a year ago. Now its full of houses.
    I personally like to have blocks and mortar in my walls.

Thanks for lots of useful information !!!:D:D:D:D
    I live in the area.

Oldbridge and Hunters Wood is Osberstown Naas technically although its on the line between Sallins.

There is not risk of flooding.

The Waterways was affected by the major floods a few years back. This was due to bad planning and building on a flood plain. Drainage was installed and it is sorted now. Oldbridge is the other side of the main road and was not affected at all and has a storm drain system anyway.

It is quiet, but this seems to attract robbers. A few cars have been nicked in the area in the last year. Garda have nabbed a few scum bags there in the past.

There are loads of young families about . Lots of friends to for children to hook up with. Lots of green area around also and the place is well kept with considerate residents.

Its hard to get a place in the local school.

The new houses(and many of the old ones) are all timber frame . They are still knocking them out with very very fast. Oldbridge stations was a field less than a year ago. Now its full of houses.
    I personally like to have blocks and mortar in my walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

I think it is overpriced as well but 4 was sold on the day of open viewing. Are you interested in Alder Grove ?:D

No, not keen on Alder Grove. Not really after a Terrace unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

- Any anti-social behavior in this area ? We heard some bad reviews about
    Sallins such as drugs ? :confused:

Like most areas, Sallins can have a bad element, and my experience of living there was tainted by some delinquent kids causing trouble in my building, but I suspect that might have had a lot more to do with the fact that where I was living (The Waterways) had no management company to speak of and no working security door, so it became a haven for scumbag kids to hang around in and cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Have to say that this doesn't seem to be an issue in Oldbridge Station - haven't seen any delinquent kids hanging around since we moved in so I don't think you should worry about that OP. Higher owner occupancy in the estate - I know of 1 rented house out of 18 and mainly families or young couples like ourselves.
    djimi wrote: »
    Like most areas, Sallins can have a bad element, and my experience of living there was tainted by some delinquent kids causing trouble in my building, but I suspect that might have had a lot more to do with the fact that where I was living (The Waterways) had no management company to speak of and no working security door, so it became a haven for scumbag kids to hang around in and cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irish Molly

I bought a house in Oldbridge if you want to live in a building site for the next 10 years or so and also there is no after care service at all from the building company.The roads are never cleaned so dust and dirt are a major factor and they intend building at least another 200 houses in the coming years - due to the ongoing building there is congestion on the road with lorries, teleporters etc and it can be impossible to get in or out of your driveway. The asking price of €240,00 has now increased in the new phase to €300,00.

Anyway that's my opinion if I had my way all over again I would have never bought in Oldbridge the biggest mistake I ever made.

And in regards to crime houses that were in the process of been built were broken into at the weekend and completely stripped of all white goods, tiles etc.

Hope this helps

Well Calgary bound you must have bought a house here or you're working for the building company but what I have said I stand by it and have photos to prove what I'm saying is the truth. There's no green areas for the children to play, the estate is badly run down i.e. trees falling down, flower beds not weeded - it's beyond a joke

Well lucky you Calgary Bound it was stated in the brochure that I received that we would have a well landscaped and well maintained estate with green areas, shop, creche etc. Lies all lies maybe you're happy with Springwood at the moment but give yourself a while and you'll see what I mean - are you happy with the state of the roads in Oldbridge then, the ongoing construction traffic, the dirt, the dust is there a green area where you bought for children to play because if there is I would be very interested so I could let my kids out to play

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

View from my house in Oldbridge.
    Would you want to live here....one year living here and wish I could move.
    Totally mis leading Oldbridge brochure about landscaping etc.
    If you are buying go elsewhere.

Calgary bound im a bit confused. On the 15/02/14 you mentioned in a post that you only just moved in.
    In a previous post you stated that you bought the house last August and signed for last December. Yet you told Irish Molloy you are living there a year.

We actually moved to the estate sept 2012 but didn't purchase till last year. Moved to sallins for my youngest school but hadn't decided on a property to purchase at that point.

We are thinking of buying there. Took a drive in a few times, houses look lovely. My youngest is 5 and hoping the local school is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bcw

Have to say that this doesn't seem to be an issue in Oldbridge Station - haven't seen any delinquent kids hanging around since we moved in so I don't think you should worry about that OP. Higher owner occupancy in the estate - I know of 1 rented house out of 18 and mainly families or young couples like ourselves.

Agreed.
    i live here for couple years, and just bought and moved in my new house, but found the old one has better quality than new house.

• Advertisement

How much are the new houses there now?

red25 wrote: »
    How much are the new houses there now?

http://www.springwoodltd.ie/ 208k

B Rated homes as well. Thats fairly good.

Sherry Fitzgerald are quoting €217k when I checked last. Is this estate a NAMA one. Just seems to be alot of weeds in lansscaping beds and dead or broken trees. Houses loook nice though. New houses being built near the Bridgewater look fab....

Sherry Fitzgerald are quoting €217k when I checked last. Is this estate a NAMA one. Just seems to be alot of weeds in lansscaping beds and dead or broken trees. Houses loook nice though. New houses being built near the Bridgewater look fab....

No. The man bought up all the land pre celtic tiger. He has scaled everything down to a normal rate of building now. No one is paying management fees yet so he takes care of the place. Bare minimum of care by the looks of it.
    Its going to be a massive estate by the time he finishes. Lovely houses . Love the brickwork. Just a pity they are all timber frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 leonard1978

Living in oldbridge 8 years.my kids r young love the estate the local schools are great.mine r going to local school st lawrences yes u can send your kids to the schools n naas too.they kids in the estate are all young no bigger kids r gangs yet.there is no drugs in the estate neither.the builder can b rude to deal with at time with aftercare with the house.

I bought a house in Oldbridge if you want to live in a building site for the next 10 years or so and also there is no after care service at all from the building company.The roads are never cleaned so dust and dirt are a major factor and they intend building at least another 200 houses in the coming years - due to the ongoing building there is congestion on the road with lorries, teleporters etc and it can be impossible to get in or out of your driveway. The asking price of €240,00 has now increased in the new phase to €300,00.

Anyway that's my opinion if I had my way all over again I would have never bought in Oldbridge the biggest mistake I ever made.

And in regards to crime houses that were in the process of been built were broken into at the weekend and completely stripped of all white goods, tiles etc.

Hope this helps

They are building 59 houses not 200 house.when buying the house u would of seen the plans on the brohcure

Houses r getting broken into all over the country.dont make oldbridge to b a bad place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Leonard1978- less of the text speak please.

59 is just the next phase. Sherry Fitzgerald told me that there is 200 more going in over the next few years. Went down during the week to look again...the roads are destroyed with mud, dead trees and beds full of weeds. One of the workers said none of the residents complain so the builder does not bother with aftercare! This wont put me off buying as the estate looks lovely apart from the landscaping and roads full of mud. But I would be approaching the builder to clean up same as he is advertising landscaping with feature planting! My kids 6 & 8 would love the green areas.

59 is just the next phase. Sherry Fitzgerald told me that there is 200 more going in over the next few years. Went down during the week to look again...the roads are destroyed with mud, dead trees and beds full of weeds. One of the workers said none of the residents complain so the builder does not bother with aftercare! This wont put me off buying as the estate looks lovely apart from the landscaping and roads full of mud. But I would be approaching the builder to clean up same as he is advertising landscaping with feature planting! My kids 6 & 8 would love the green areas.

Some houses have been rented.owners look after their houses well.the garden maintence company cut the grass all around the estate.
    my children are 3 5 7 they have made some lovely friends around the estate.the schools are great & i find it very friendly place to live in.

the builders are not very helpful in aftercare with the houses.they have not transferred over to the council yet when they do roads trees lights will all have to be sorted.

• Advertisement

I think with another 200 houses to be built it will be 10 years plus before the council consider taking over the estate.
    It is a pity that the homeowners dont get together and approach the builder and ask him to tidy up the bedding areas trees and clean the roads etc. He must be laughing all the way to the bank, has his money with very little aftercare! Houses look well finished but a few people have commented when the showhouses were opened, that is looks like a NAMA estate very neglected. Sherry Fitzgerald have mentioned to the builder to tidy up landscaping but this falls on deaf ears has the houses are selling!

Advertisement