Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station, Osberstown - does it belong to Sallins or Naas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 leonard1978

red25 wrote: »
    I think with another 200 houses to be built it will be 10 years plus before the council consider taking over the estate.
    It is a pity that the homeowners dont get together and approach the builder and ask him to tidy up the bedding areas trees and clean the roads etc. He must be laughing all the way to the bank, has his money with very little aftercare! Houses look well finished but a few people have commented when the showhouses were opened, that is looks like a NAMA estate very neglected. Sherry Fitzgerald have mentioned to the builder to tidy up landscaping but this falls on deaf ears has the houses are selling!

The builders are very rude i had a problem once i got hold of his mobile number i rang him first thing he said was delete my number after this call.i told him not a chance will i do that he fixed the problem.We paid well over 400k for our bungalow prob only worth half of that.i must say that around get onto spring wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

I met him once at the showhouse. He was very smug. He said people buy the houses for the finish not the landscaping. I asked about children at play signs etc. He just laughed.
    Just angers me that no one speaks up, just accepts paying over inflated prices for houses.

I met him once at the showhouse. He was very smug. He said people buy the houses for the finish not the landscaping. I asked about children at play signs etc. He just laughed.
    Just angers me that no one speaks up, just accepts paying over inflated prices for houses.

A fella with sunglasses? Thats him.he knows himself that will all have to be done before he hands it over to the council.

we have been in touch with TD on getting ramps put into the estate as you move in the entrance.theres another estate in the middle of oldbridge bridge thats hunters wood alot of the appartment have been rented as they could not sell them.

there is a second entrance going into the estate as per plans the builder has been approched on that recently.

kids that are out playing there is always adults with them we generally dont let our kids out of the roads on their own.all the kids are young in the estate no gangs hanging around.the locally school seems to put the kids in our estate into the same class which i find great.

i might ring spring wood myself where im living its pretty looked after.rented houses seem to let there gardens fall to the waste side which isnt nice for us people that own the houses..

the estate people area shops school are very friendly.at the moment they are talking about getting a playground in as we have none

we are close to everything caragh pet farm only 5 mins drive away donedea not far theres loads to do around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No one is paying management fees yet so he takes care of the place. Bare minimum of care by the looks of it.
    Its going to be a massive estate by the time he finishes.
    Hrm, smooth funking operator. No-one pays management fees, so they all think it's hunky dory. He keeps the place looking nice as it's in his best interests to do so. Once he sells all the houses, he moves on, and directs any queries to the management company, which will only have been set up, will have no cash, and if no-one pays, it won't be getting any. And slowly the place goes to hell.

Very smooth funking operator, unless I'm reading it wrongly?
    the builders are not very helpful in aftercare with the houses.they have not transferred over to the council yet when they do roads trees lights will all have to be sorted.
    The council may look after the lights, although they may just become someone elses problem. Street lights in my area are maintained by Airtricity, although I'm not in a Managed estate, so it may differ. The residents association take care of the trees, shrubs, etc.

If you live there, I'd advise you to form a residents committee, get everyone to donate a few bob, and get the estate sorted yourself, as it seems the smooth operator has found a way to sell houses without having to spend anything making the place look nice?

If I was to buy there I would be keen on setting up a residents association. But as no one seems to be to concerned as one of the workers said, no one complains to the builder about the aftercare I can imagine not to many would get involved in any association.
    This estate is in a great location and could be so nice. In the brochure it states elegant street lights? From what I can see its ordinary lights on poles. Extensive planting and landscaped feature areas...these feature areas are full of dead shrubs and weeds. Brochure also states shops and creche to be built. Checked with KCC..this was scrapped back in 2009. So this builder is using false advertising to sell these houses. Where is the 2nd entrance going?

• Advertisement

If I was to buy there I would be keen on setting up a residents association. But as no one seems to be to concerned as one of the workers said, no one complains to the builder about the aftercare I can imagine not to many would get involved in any association.
    This estate is in a great location and could be so nice. In the brochure it states elegant street lights? From what I can see its ordinary lights on poles. Extensive planting and landscaped feature areas...these feature areas are full of dead shrubs and weeds. Brochure also states shops and creche to be built. Checked with KCC..this was scrapped back in 2009. So this builder is using false advertising to sell these houses. Where is the 2nd entrance going?

Second entrance will come out at the lights at supervalu.theres no way he building 200 houses there is not enough room.it b down where the new houses r been built.

Think i make a call to springwood &ask them but as always they say we ring you back never happens.

They are buying the green field next to where the present phase is being built.
    I do not think they will get planning permission for a second entrance. People will start using the estate to cut through in order to avoid that awful junction.

They are buying the green field next to where the present phase is being built.
    I do not think they will get planning permission for a second entrance. People will start using the estate to cut through in order to avoid that awful junction.

The planning permission was already approved by kildare county council.the builders have been approched to see when will it be happening.

That juction is awful people have been in contact with kildare county council for lights to go up or aroundabout to be put in.the argument still stands with kildare county council at the minute.

As creche or shops in the estate something id rather not have as it can attract gangs in years to come there is plenty of creches shops in walking distance of oldbridge as my children have been in i found them friendly.

Im not in the middle of oldbridge im in the new phase of oldbridge station but my house was built 8 years ago took them that long to start rebuilding again.

Over all its a great place to live neighbours people in the estate are very friendly.kids are grown up with manners.

The builders are a lost cause at the min.i will say it to ladies at the school.think they have all had arguments with the builders.the houses are not worth the money they are charging.

Sallins is a lovely place to live in generally.i moved up from dublin id never move back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

I live in Oldbridge Station too, any interest in setting up a residents committee for anyone else living there too? I saw mr sweep cleaning the roads on Thursday night and Friday..very unusual!! Maybe this thread came to light?!

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    I live in Oldbridge Station too, any interest in setting up a residents committee for anyone else living there too? I saw mr sweep cleaning the roads on Thursday night and Friday..very unusual!! Maybe this thread came to light?!

I didnt see anything where i am nobody comes down my rd im n bungalow at the end if the rd facing bk on to main rd.
    Ive spoken with women from the estate today we r going to ring springwood start asking them whats going on.i drove down to see if colm was around but no sign of him.

Yep i think its a good idea if we stand a chance making it a safter cleaner place to live in.
    In fairness its not looking to bad neither ive seen worse estates around in kildare dublin ireland.

• Advertisement

I am in the new houses at the back we only got the keys at Christmas and I have to say us and the neighbours that we know of love the house inside the finish is excellent and I don't think the estate is bad considering it is a construction site, I also have seen worse. I think us residents can do our bit to tidy flower beds etc, we did ours at the front last week.

Yeah the road cleaning guy was around for about 2 hours Thursday night and again Friday afternoon and the road looked a lot better for the weekend. It would be nice if they kept that up. I heard from the lads on site the builder offered to give the land to the council for the new entrance but they don't want it! So I am not sure what's going on but some ramps, signs for children playing etc would be lovely and at least he does cut the grass, it's the little things like that you want to be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lfcman42

I live in Oldbridge Station too. Here now 5 years in the terrace houses opposite the new ones.
    When I bought here in 2009 the flower beds etc. were all looked after.
    In some of the new houses the builder never even planted grass outside the houses!
    I think a get together to set up some form of residents association is a great idea. I hope that 2nd entrance does not go ahead, our road is to narrow for the volume of cars that would use it!

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    I am in the new houses at the back we only got the keys at Christmas and I have to say us and the neighbours that we know of love the house inside the finish is excellent and I don't think the estate is bad considering it is a construction site, I also have seen worse. I think us residents can do our bit to tidy flower beds etc, we did ours at the front last week.

Yeah the road cleaning guy was around for about 2 hours Thursday night and again Friday afternoon and the road looked a lot better for the weekend. It would be nice if they kept that up. I heard from the lads on site the builder offered to give the land to the council for the new entrance but they don't want it! So I am not sure what's going on but some ramps, signs for children playing etc would be lovely and at least he does cut the grass, it's the little things like that you want to be nice!

We are here 8 years now.they did clean the roads too while building was going on.your gardens are better finished than ours.

i sent email to some of the women in the estate to see what would they do would they be interested in setting up residence association or all contacting the builder see what happens.

i know theres alot of complaints against the builder mould in wardrobes coving falling down.my own toilets didnt work.try to give me kitchen door with hole in it just plastered over it i noticed it so they took the door out put it in two doors down.the shores get blocked.the theromstates never worked n our houses
    the trees they put in bad winter they all die we all had to replace them after the snow in 2010.

All our hedges died that year too. Never replaced. My neighbours either side of me and myself we planted our own hedges.
    At the end of our road there is a small green with 4 dead trees, never replaced.
    A couple that keep their new house lovely had to come out last week to dig up weeds outside their house, the builder never planted grass there despite doing so in the other new houses!

Thanks it's actually my house opposite you that dug up our weeds at the patch where our tree is last weekend, we also tied up the trees all along our road as they were dying and my fiance can be often seen trying to fix the trees as they are so badly supported they are going to die otherwise. We would be both interested in doing a bit of maintenance work around the estate flower beds etc, it's our very first house so we would love to keep the estate as nice as possible :)
    lfcman42 wrote: »
    All our hedges died that year too. Never replaced. My neighbours either side of me and myself we planted our own hedges.
    At the end of our road there is a small green with 4 dead trees, never replaced.
    A couple that keep their new house lovely had to come out last week to dig up weeds outside their house, the builder never planted grass there despite doing so in the other new houses!

Fair dues to ye both. Ye have it lovely already.
    The tree opposite me was dead, I bought the new one myself. Gave up asking the builder to do the same. I see one of the trees further up is already dead. When the trees are being planted it is just one of the workers that does it instead of getting a landscaper to do it.

Thanks a million..himself will be delighted! First time he ever lived in a housing estate so he wants to keep it nice, our next door neighbour said they will do the same at the patch near their house as they didn't plant grass there either. The back gardens are a joke though, we sunk every time we went near it for the first few months and we had to bring up soil and basically landscape it from scratch. Said it to the lads onsite but he didn't care. I worry about the proposed new road too though, our little road wouldn't be able for the volume of traffic! We would be part of the residents assoc though if there was to be one, maybe a meeting could be arranged, send around a few flyers and see who goes. The builders are going off site for the summer we were told to build an extension to their nursing home so the sooner the better to start hassling them about keeping Oldbridge a nice, safe place to live.
    Fair dues to ye both. Ye have it lovely already.
    The tree opposite me was dead, I bought the new one myself. Gave up asking the builder to do the same. I see one of the trees further up is already dead. When the trees are being planted it is just one of the workers that does it instead of getting a landscaper to do it.

My back garden was the same. It was like quicksand! I had to take mine up and got it landscaped in the end. This part of the site was a quarry so drainage here very poor. Glad the road got a clean, my car and house windows were filthy!
    A few of the residents on my side would be def interested in setting up an association.

That makes sense about the drainage so, it's not good at all. I'm sure a couple of people on our row would be interested in the committee too (not that we know many!) but I know a few people in the other row of new houses who would be interested. An estate that size needs one I think, especially down the road when it comes to trying to get the council to take it over.

It would not bother me to go out and tidy up the flower beds etc. if the builder is not going to do it which seems to be the case as long as others get involved too and it is not left to a limited few to do all the work and they enjoy the benefits!

Plus we have to make sure that 2nd entrance to go ahead. Our little road would be like the M50 with traffic coming into the estate to avoid the Osberstown Junction.

• Advertisement

Yeah we would be the same. I am worried about the road too, I remember when we were putting the deposit down sherry fitz told us about the planned road & it nearly put us completely off but when we looked at how narrow the road is at the moment, we thought sure that would never go ahead but now with the new batch of 50 odd houses, it looks like they will try.

It would be awful the road can barely take 2 cars going opposite directions at the moment so can you imagine all the cars flying through, it would be unsafe for kids & you would feel less safe knowing people would be likely to walk/drive through from outside the estate, you already have enough people driving around the new houses for a nose ha!

I wonder where these new houses are going, I would say he will wait till the market dictates he can charge higher than the €245,000 the last batch went for.

He is building a mix of 2, 3 and 4 bed. Houses going behind your row. He has the planning application in with the council but it has not been granted yet, the council are looking for more information - possibly looking for the builder to pay for a new entrance but as you say the road would be to narrow to be used for a go through for the rest of the estate and non residents.

I saw that actually that it's a mix, he's doing the attic in the 3 beds & making that the 4th bedroom. He changed the layout for ours to have it ready to convert the attic & didn't charge us - we couldn't believe it! I bet he will add a few digits onto the cost for the new 4 beds. Probably wait until Kerry Group is near opening. I saw that the planning went in on the 4th of March so I hope the council stall it until they figure out what to do. It will be nice whenever we don't live in a building site won't it!

Yes, it is a lovely estate and with a few improvements by us residents we can make it even nicer! I have given up challenging the builder as it was always up to me to ring them or meet them onsite. They wont listen to one person but would listen to a big group of residents. I am yet to find the elegant street lighting and feature planted areas as advertised in their sales brochures:)

Yes your right he's happy doing the minimum (he's a strange fella in my opinion!!) but if we action something before he tries to sell these new houses, it might make him sit up & listen.

I saw in the Leinster leader last week a TD said he wrote to him lobbying for the second entrance but I don't think they would realise how it would affect residents. It is a lovely estate tho & we find it so convenient for access to the M7/9 & the train.

Ya thats the reason I bought here was it is in a great location but not in the thick of it either!
    He can be odd alright, say hello one day and ignore you another day. I think as he has sold all the houses without doing any landscaping he is laughing all the way to the bank! If he was trying to sell them then he would have to tidy up and landscape more like the new houses they are building just outside Sallins near the Bridgewater. Now they feature elegant street lighting ( lanterns ) and extensive landscaping.

Ya thats the reason I bought here was it is in a great location but not in the thick of it either!
    He can be odd alright, say hello one day and ignore you another day. I think as he has sold all the houses without doing any landscaping he is laughing all the way to the bank! If he was trying to sell them then he would have to tidy up and landscape more like the new houses they are building just outside Sallins near the Bridgewater. Now they feature elegant street lighting ( lanterns ) and extensive landscaping.

The brothers are very rude in time they wont even look at you..im living in the bungalow our back garden is the same.he never comes.down our.head its only last year lights were turned on outside the house.they told us nobody would b able to break into the house with the locks that they have on doors well surprise surprise two.year ago we came home.house waa broken into they got in within seconds.
    Get extra locks on front and back doors.
    girls seem to think residents assocation is a good idea lets tackle these builders

Yes they would not get an award for their after service! Once they have your money they run like rabbits never to be seen again!

We were saying that if he does not clean up the estate when the next showhouse is open, go there and hand out flyers to prospective buyers about the aftercare and landscaping etc....think he would have the landscapers in the next week...power of the people!!

Yes they would not get an award for their after service! Once they have your money they run like rabbits never to be seen again!

We were saying that if he does not clean up the estate when the next showhouse is open, go there and hand out flyers to prospective buyers about the aftercare and landscaping etc....think he would have the landscapers in the next week...power of the people!!

he would be shocked i think.but then he could run us too.

• Advertisement

We are entitled to tell people the truth.

Advertisement