Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station, Osberstown - does it belong to Sallins or Naas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

That's a good idea the last time there was a viewing for the next ten houses it was next door to me & the place was swarmed with people so it would be easily done cause they do those open viewings all in one go. Were up for the committee anyway, when we bought we thought he would maintain the section better so other people buying would be entitled to know what it's going to be like when there house is finished. Went for a walk down by Sallins Bridge last night..now that looks fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I live in Hunterswood .

I was hearing that the second entrance was not going ahead due to planning permission problems. It would cause even more congestion to the town and Monread. The very reason the first set of lights where taken down .

But it will become a pedestrian entrance. Which would be great.

I think the only reason he is cleaning your street is because of an open house viewing soon. He does not do anything unless it benefits him. Be sure of that.
    I had to beg him for months and even threatened legal action to get the hedge trimmed that divides our estates. My son cut his face on it. And even then it was only half done..

Here is a nice pic of you gardens a few years ago. The site is a bit of a bog. We had extensive land drainage installed in HuntersWood prior to construction . Gardens are fine because of it.

oldbridge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lfcman42

Wow...thats a few years ago. I had to get drainage put in to my garden when I got it landscaped...it was such a bog....thankfully ok now.
    The builder only does things that suit them....and wont spend on any aftercare.
    Ms.Tea how will we get this residents assoc. off the ground,

I'm not sure how best to do it! do you know a group of interested people in the bungalows / front of the estate Leonard1978 that we could add to?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 leonard1978

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    I'm not sure how best to do it! do you know a group of interested people in the bungalows / front of the estate Leonard1978 that we could add to?

Ye think ive four interested at the min theyare around the estate of different roads..i will talk to them in the morning.i asked them to spread the word..they think its a good idea i can put it to few on my road there only 8 bungalows on my own we are brown bungalows on the left going out of the estate.

• Advertisement

Good stuff so that's a good start & I'll ask around too to anyone I see & if lfcman did the same we might get this going!
    Ye think ive four interested at the min theyare around the estate of different roads..i will talk to them in the morning.i asked them to spread the word..they think its a good idea i can put it to few on my road there only 8 bungalows on my own we are brown bungalows on the left going out of the estate.

Thats great so....lets get this moving!

Great stuff so, we could put up some signs & posters for a meeting once a time and place was arranged to get as many interested as possible

Maybe get a flier done up, explaining why we think a residents association is needed etc.
    Where would be best to hold the meeting, I have a feeling we will get a good response.

lfcman42 wrote: »
    Maybe get a flier done up, explaining why we think a residents association is needed etc.
    Where would be best to hold the meeting, I have a feeling we will get a good response.

Until you ask for money. Our residents are under contract to pay management fees, yet its like getting blood from a stone from some..

• Advertisement

To begin with it wont be about money.
    It will be about getting as many residents to sign up to give us a voice when dealing with the builder.

Yeah I agree it will be about standing up to him and letting it be known that the estate can't be falsely advertised and if it continues it will deter future sales.

Im sure the last thing he wants is residents giving out about the aftercare. Friendly but firm.
    We are not asking for alot, just to do what he advertised when we bought our homes.

Yeah that's it, wondering how best to organise a meeting, we could have it somewhere local like a hall or a quiet bar

Yeah I agree it will be about standing up to him and letting it be known that the estate can't be falsely advertised and if it continues it will deter future sales.

Ok spoke with a friend..i think what we should is get a list of names address and numbers who be interest in the residents association.when we have this done we will approche colm in say look we are setting this up in see what he will say tell him we want the estate to be looked after.going to look on line tonight and see is there standards forms for setting it up.we are thinking about going around the estate thursday or friday evening and take it from there.

I spoke to more mothers today from the estate they are very interested into it too.

Ok spoke with a friend..i think what we should is get a list of names address and numbers who be interest in the residents association.when we have this done we will approche colm in say look we are setting this up in see what he will say tell him we want the estate to be looked after.going to look on line tonight and see is there standards forms for setting it up.we are thinking about going around the estate thursday or friday evening and take it from there.

I spoke to more mothers today from the estate they are very interested into it too.

for now dont think we should ask for money yet i think we should go to colm about trees signs posts ramp that awful box that faces the two bungalows on the main road.where some people are using it as their dumping ground.

that box looks awful especially as you drive into the estate you can't miss it. Sounds good to me.

that box looks awful especially as you drive into the estate you can't miss it. Sounds good to me.

Think i ring lawless the local TD See can he help us too

A couple of speed ramps would not go a miss either. He is a devil himself for speeding up that road. Loads of kids out playing .

James Lawless is very good with residents assoc.
    Think the first thing is get a flyer done up and door drop to see what interest is like.
    Numbers then will determine a venue.

• Advertisement

lfcman42 wrote: »
    James Lawless is very good with residents assoc.
    Think the first thing is get a flyer done up and door drop to see what interest is like.
    Numbers then will determine a venue.

Ive spoken to nicola in springwood to voice our concerns ive told her what we were looking for & why they havent been looking after the estate.

She will voice our concerns to springwood ive told her we are forming residence association & we will get TD involved..

Ive told her about this.she will print it off show it to the brothers c where it goes.she will have word back on friday for us.we take it from there.

That is a good start. Probally fall on deaf ears but at least they will know we are on to them.

Sounds good to me too, from my recent dealings with Nicola when we were buying the house she did get in touch with Sean when she said she would so hopefully it's a start - thanks

Sounds good to me too, from my recent dealings with Nicola when we were buying the house she did get in touch with Sean when she said she would so hopefully it's a start - thanks

Yes nicola was very helpful.ive also told nicola our roads havent been given a name there is no sign posts to say where the park drive or station is..

That should get them thinking. We need to get as much as we can sorted before the builders leave the site in the next few months.

Leonard1979 - did Nicola get back to you? Some mess up our way the last few days!

Leonard1979 - did Nicola get back to you? Some mess up our way the last few days!

No nothing yet she said today..so far nothing.give her buzz start complaining.

Lol.....I do not think you will get a call.
    I called yesterday to complain about the mud and dirt/stones on our road. Was told it would be cleaned yesterday evening. Well so far nothing. And I do not think it will.

Just pop this in your email

Section 13 of the Roads Act 1993 states that it is an offence to allow stones, clay or any other material to remain on a public road where doing so would cause a hazard or potential hazard to people using the road and obstruct or interfere with the safe use of the road.

• Advertisement

I rang the council and quoted same. As it is a private road as in the council have not taken the estate over this act does not comply to the developer.

Advertisement