Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station, Osberstown - does it belong to Sallins or Naas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

I emailed Nicola there complaining about the mess, the stones, no grass seed planted and weeds nearly 2 foot high outside houses and dead trees. I will let you all know if she comes back to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lfcman42

Thats great. Hopefully she will get back.
    What is her email address?

I just sent you a private mail there :)

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    I just sent you a private mail there :)

Cheers I have emailed her quoting from the brochure that we were given when selling the houses to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 leonard1978

lfcman42 wrote: »
    Cheers I have emailed her quoting from the brochure that we were given when selling the houses to us!

Colm called up to my house spoke to my husband..

Ramps cant go in at the minute cause the roads arent finished yet as truck will be going in & out.my husband asked him about putting up signs for our children.

he did mention that he seems to think that people are parking on the roads going over to train station.my husband suggested putting down yellow lines.

Trees he will fix .As cul de sac roads have been completed but ours hasnt he will be looking into that too.

Tree cant be trimmed this time of years as birds nesting in the trees but something he will check on.

As scrubs on corners dead he hadnt noticed hopefully he will do it.

60 houses are been built not 200.

Second exit we told him we dont want it as it will cause further traffic through Our estate..he said that wont been happen for a long time.

He did recommand that its a good idea to set up residents association as when they go off site kildare county council wont cut the grass.
    He pays the garden maintence 500 euro every 6 weeks.

So we highlighted what we are looking for now its up to people on each road to approach him & tell him what the need fixing.

We will see will he follow through with what my husband asked him.

He forgot to ask him about that awful looking box.i drove down to speak to him he was behind the fench.i will go down again.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a decent enough response from them so, I outlined my concerns about my street and Nicola gave a comprehensive reply that my issues will be fixed in the coming weeks.

The residents assoc is needed for the grass though alright, where I used to live we all paid €50 a year to maintain it, obviously not everyone paid but once most people did it was a small contribution to keep the place looking lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I think we are bringing in the clampers for parking problems in our estate Hunters Wood . It was brought up at the last residents meeting. Hopefully it will be going ahead.

I was talking to the Garda on the subject of a Neighbourhood watch scheme that would cover both OldBridge and Hunterswood. Still waiting for a response.

I know for a fact from a Garda friend that more than a few arrists and convictions have taken place right here over the last 12 months already. All theft and attempted break ins.

I think we are bringing in the clampers for parking problems in our estate Hunters Wood . It was brought up at the last residents meeting. Hopefully it will be going ahead.

I was talking to the Garda on the subject of a Neighbourhood watch scheme that would cover both OldBridge and Hunterswood. Still waiting for a response.

I know for a fact from a Garda friend that more than a few arrists and convictions have taken place right here over the last 12 months already. All theft and attempted break ins.

my house was one of the houses broken into.we came home on sunday evening house had been broken into.wires were cut from outside all houses are alarmed nobody heard anything they pulled the alarm box off the wall cut the wires.very lucky they didnt kill themselves.we have put extra locks on doors as they got in very quick.we upgraded our alarm system too.

the gardai told us eircom phone watch alarms dont waste your money if they r n the middle of a traffic accident they are not going to respond to house been broken into.i think our house had been watched to know when we wouldnt be home.

Heard they arrested fellas from clondalkin and tallaght area.

Yes think we should go ahead with residents committee.its a good idea.maybe we can arrange things for the kids during the summer.

Regarding the grass cutting the builder is responsible for this until they are finished, estate signed off and waiting for the council to take over so none of us will be paying for grass for years to come. Got a glimpse of their site plan from the council and there is another 150 houses going into the estate. The builder is hoping to buy a field to the west of the site.
    Springwood do alot of talking but not alot of action. The issues raised have been raised with them various times over the last 5 years with the same response.

my house was one of the houses broken into.we came home on sunday evening house had been broken into.wires were cut from outside all houses are alarmed nobody heard anything they pulled the alarm box off the wall cut the wires.very lucky they didnt kill themselves.we have put extra locks on doors as they got in very quick.we upgraded our alarm system too.

the gardai told us eircom phone watch alarms dont waste your money if they r n the middle of a traffic accident they are not going to respond to house been broken into.i think our house had been watched to know when we wouldnt be home.

Heard they arrested fellas from clondalkin and tallaght area.

Yes think we should go ahead with residents committee.its a good idea.maybe we can arrange things for the kids during the summer.

Its not just your homes they are targeting.
    I lost a two expensive bicycles on one occasion and my motorcycle on another . Heavy security chains were nothing to them. I also had the contents of my van robbed here.
    We have had numerous cars broken into in the underground carpark . A gang were also storing stolen cars there.
    The people across the street lost a brand new Passat and a 2 year old Merc. And other residents down the street had their home raided for car keys. They were very distressed to say the least.
    They target seemly quiet places like ours as they can get in and out unnoticed at night. And the fact that there is very little , interaction between residents means people never know these things are happening.

• Advertisement

Its not just your homes they are targeting.
    I lost a two expensive bicycles on one occasion and my motorcycle on another . Heavy security chains were nothing to them. I also had the contents of my van robbed here.
    We have had numerous cars broken into in the underground carpark . A gang were also storing stolen cars there.
    The people across the street lost a brand new Passat and a 2 year old Merc. And other residents down the street had their home raided for car keys. They were very distressed to say the least.
    They target seemly quiet places like ours as they can get in and out unnoticed at night. And the fact that there is very little , interaction between residents means people never know these things are happening.

i think that was all done around the same time.our was done at 6pm nobody seen anything.there is only two bungalows on my rd.very quiet rd normally we would see cars coming up the rd.we r thinking they came through the field.horrible.nothing has happened n a while.they targeted alot of the bungalows in oldbridge.

We just have to wait in see how many houses he building.they are going up fast.

See our road has the road sweeper cleaning it again today!

This tread seems to have gone quiet!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

This tread seems to have gone quiet!

Boo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

Hey I think you will find that people lose interest in actually doing anything. From looking at the previous posts it looks like all talk and no action from the residents. Had to laugh at the post about Colin McKenna coming to speak to one resident and the other confirming an email from Springwood. Knowing how these guys operate their after service, what was raised WILL NOT be fixed. Drove down last night and a few of the new houses 199-202 had about 2ft of weeds and a dead tree outside. Who lives in these houses? Can they not say it to the builder to get this sorted or else do it themselves!!!
    With these type of residents nothing will ever happen in aftercare. Think we will start looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I live in the area.
    This was due to bad planning and building on a flood plain.

Bad planning, yes, but the exact issue was incomplete works on the drainage. It was NOT built on a flood plain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bad planning, yes, but the exact issue was incomplete works on the drainage. It was NOT built on a flood plain.

Actually- it is built on a flood plain. Ove Arup did a very good presentation to Kildare Co.Co. on behalf of the developer. The risk associated with the construction is a reduction in the area that would naturally be associated with floodplain storage, resulting in higher volume of downstream flow (in this case obviously the Liffey) and an increased risk of flooding downstream (not onsite).

Similar testimony was given at the Bord Pleanála oral hearing into the M7/Sallins bypass scheme last year.

The other factor was increased run-off from the site- and how this might be mitigated.

The report is a public document in the council offices (and the Bord Pleanála oral hearing is also a public record)- I don't know if they're on the internet- but they are certainly physically available for viewing.

Actually- it is built on a flood plain. Ove Arup did a very good presentation to Kildare Co.Co. on behalf of the developer. The risk associated with the construction is a reduction in the area that would naturally be associated with floodplain storage, resulting in higher volume of downstream flow (in this case obviously the Liffey) and an increased risk of flooding downstream (not onsite).

Similar testimony was given at the Bord Pleanála oral hearing into the M7/Sallins bypass scheme last year.

The other factor was increased run-off from the site- and how this might be mitigated.

The report is a public document in the council offices (and the Bord Pleanála oral hearing is also a public record)- I don't know if they're on the internet- but they are certainly physically available for viewing.

Yes colm did knock to my house yes he did say it will take time he fix trees when he planting outside new houses.

he had to check to see what it safe to cut the hedges as its nesting season.

i was away this week only bk today so he coukd of been up at the house.

the mothers i spoke too as u prob know kids are on school holidays at the min.

any idea how u all want to start with the residents committee we havent met each other only spoken on this.how & when do u want to get it up in running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sjd14

Anybody have problems with their ladder to the attic. Only moved in in March and one of the springs on ours snapped 2 weeks ago and the bracket broke. Spoke to Sean and he sent Phil and the supplier in for a look. Said they would get back to us but two weeks later we are still waiting. will be chasing it up tomorrow!

We have had no problems with ours yet, we're here a few months & so far it's ok, keep on at Phil, - we have had a good few things go wrong (little things but annoying all the same) but all sorted - for now!
    sjd14 wrote: »
    Anybody have problems with their ladder to the attic. Only moved in in March and one of the springs on ours snapped 2 weeks ago and the bracket broke. Spoke to Sean and he sent Phil and the supplier in for a look. Said they would get back to us but two weeks later we are still waiting. will be chasing it up tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Hi folks getting back to trying to set up our residents assoc...how are we going to tackle this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eldav

I recently put a deposit on one of the new houses in Oldbridge Station and would be very interested in helping out with a Residents' Association when we move in a few months!

Hi Eldav

A group of interested residents met recently to see about setting up a residents assoc. I will keep you posted and we would love to have you on board as we do not have to many new residents involved. We dropped fliers in to the houses and got a great response. Plus we have had a meeting with the council and progress has been made on issues raised with the builder. Pm your email and I will include you on our next upgrade.
    Best of luck with the move!

Hi we didn't get a flyer about that meeting we would have went - would you be able to post about the next meeting when it is happening? Thanks

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    Hi we didn't get a flyer about that meeting we would have went - would you be able to post about the next meeting when it is happening? Thanks

Ya I will let you know any updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ad23

Hi Eldav

A group of interested residents met recently to see about setting up a residents assoc. I will keep you posted and we would love to have you on board as we do not have to many new residents involved. We dropped fliers in to the houses and got a great response. Plus we have had a meeting with the council and progress has been made on issues raised with the builder. Pm your email and I will include you on our next upgrade.
    Best of luck with the move!

Hi
    I have also bought in oldbridge station house very nearly complete. Would be very interested in joining the resident assoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bklonica

hi all,
    I moved to the estate couple of years ago and eventually bought a house here in 2012. I've been following the thread for a while and think residents association is a good idea. Some leaflets were supposed distributed but it never reached my house.
    Just to let all interested know about future developments plans of the oldbridge station estate please go to Kildale county council website and look fot current planning applications key word is springwood. I'm a bit concern about little amount of green area left for public.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 m p d

Hi guys. Do you know there is a new planning application gone in which includes new road onto sallins rd. This would be a disaster. Cars would be using it as shortcut onto osberstown Rd

m p d wrote: »
    Hi guys. Do you know there is a new planning application gone in which includes new road onto sallins rd. This would be a disaster. Cars would be using it as shortcut onto osberstown Rd

I thinks its for pedestrian access. No way KCC would allow anymore congestion to the Monread with another red light sequence in Sallins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 m p d

I thinks its for pedestrian access. No way KCC would allow anymore congestion to the Monread with another red light sequence in Sallins.

We had it confirmed today. It will be a new estate entrance

Advertisement