Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station, Osberstown - does it belong to Sallins or Naas?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Who confirmed this? Those nice new houses on Oldbridge Station no longer look all that good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 m p d

Who confirmed this? Those nice new houses on Oldbridge Station no longer look all that good now.

The builder did. Why do you say that

m p d wrote: »
    The builder did. Why do you say that

A stream of speeding cars and trucks in rush hour passing by the front door is something im sure they did not sign up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bklonica

There is new Springwood planing permission application 14843 from 24 SEP 14:
    "For Housing Development to include (a) erection of 36 no. residential units comprising of 10 no. two storey semi-detached 3 bedroom dwellinghouses in 5 Blocks (Block A), 2 no. two storey semi-detached 3 bedroom dwellinghouses (dual aspect) in 1 Block (Block B), 2 no two storey semi-detached 3 bedroom dwellinghouses in 1 Block (Block C), 1 no. three storeydetached 4 bedroom dwellinghouse in 1 Block (Block D), 9 no. 2 bedroom apartments in 3 storey building (Block E) and 9 no. 2 bedroom apartments and 3 no. 3 bedroom apartments in 3 storey building (Block F). (b) All associated site development works to include access roads, car parking , bicycle parking, bin storage areas, boundary walls, timber gates, foul sewer drains, surface water drains including connection through the existing Old Bridge Housing Scheme to the surface water drainage system therin, water mains, all associated landscaped areas, public lighting, roads, footpaths and new site entrance to the Sallins Road (R407)"

The last bit of it states: public lighting, roads, footpaths and new site entrance to the Sallins Road (R407)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

A stream of speeding cars and trucks in rush hour passing by the front door is something im sure they did not sign up for.

Wouldn't a lot of this proposed traffic speeding through the estate be eased by the new sallins by pass? I live in one of those nice new houses and the planning for this entrance has always been the long term plan, the builder said that from the start.

• Advertisement

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    Wouldn't a lot of this proposed traffic speeding through the estate be eased by the new sallins by pass? I live in one of those nice new houses and the planning for this entrance has always been the long term plan, the builder said that from the start.

It would for sure. I think there will also be a requirement also for speed humps. Considering the amount of children around, it may not be a bad thing.

I hope they do open it . It will take the pedestrian traffic from my street.

I heard the planning permission got the OK recently for the bypass. I hope they get the money for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

It would for sure. I think there will also be a requirement also for speed humps. Considering the amount of children around, it may not be a bad thing.

I hope they do open it . It will take the pedestrian traffic from my street.

I heard the planning permission got the OK recently for the bypass. I hope they get the money for it now.

Yeah I think it's a good idea for pedestrian access anyway, the road through by the new houses doesn't seem to be able to take many cars side by side though as many people from the houses across from the new houses park on the road so that would be a problem. The builder had told us when we bought that it was in your pipeline but the council didn't want to move with it but I think with all the extra houses going in the new field he bought, a second entrance would be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary pd

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know James Lawless has arranged a meeting for residents of the estate to discuss the planning application for the new road. Its on Thursday 9th @ 8 upstairs in Flanagans Mill (Lock 13). Please let people know. Thanks

Mary pd wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know James Lawless has arranged a meeting for residents of the estate to discuss the planning application for the new road. Its on Thursday 9th @ 8 upstairs in Flanagans Mill (Lock 13). Please let people know. Thanks

Is there anymore details on the exit?

The old exit does not enter into the traffic light junction . Its a little up the road. Is that the one Springwood intend to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary pd

the exit will be in line with the traffic lights. See map on Kildare county council planning site

• Advertisement

Mary pd wrote: »
    the exit will be in line with the traffic lights. See map on Kildare county council planning site

The KCC web site is very unclear.

The plans I have found in the details of the application show the exit is not at the lights. The circle with the X through it is the location of the lights. The road looks like it is inline with the old piers with the black painted hording blocking it.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
    plans.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eldav

Hi All,

Just wondering if anything came together for a Residents' Association? With the Spring months coming, it would be great to plan a get together or have a plan moving forward on cleanups, neighbourhood issues, etc?
    For instance, is there any issue with cars being parked for extended periods of time? Or parking on footpaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Sorry to drag this one back up but the new entrance is being built as we speak

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sorry to drag this one back up but the new entrance is being built as we speak

Seeing as the whole area is being bypassed as per the announcement last week- its not as critical a problem as it once was foreseen to be?

Speed ramps. Lots of them...

If its going to be made a rat run, I dont want my kids knocked down and killed while playing in there street..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Speed ramps. Lots of them...

If its going to be made a rat run, I dont want my kids knocked down and killed while playing in there street..

Exactly my worry

I live just opposite Hunter's Wood there and I can see people on a Friday evening flying through there to take a shortcut down the canal

If they closed the original entrance it would make sense, that junction out there is a nightmare anyway and I am surprised nobody has been killed at it

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Sorry to resurrect this one but we are considering a move to Sallins potentially from Dublin and its a big decision. We are looking at one of the houses in a new phase here. Anyone get any summary updates of area in general. People there things to do.schools? Sports? Is traffic brutal ? General infor that may help us

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

battser wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect this one but we are considering a move to Sallins potentially from Dublin and its a big decision. We are looking at one of the houses in a new phase here. Anyone get any summary updates of area in general. People there things to do.schools? Sports? Is traffic brutal ? General infor that may help us

Thanks in advance.

I'm a blow in to Sallins myself, moved here in 2017. The people are lovely, or at any rate as nice as you'd find most small towns. Sallins town itself is very small, but there's plenty of childcare facilities, a new playground is under construction right next to the the town centre. Couple of nice places to eat and drink- Lock 13, or more up market there's Two Cooks, which is likely on its way to a Michelin star (seriously) but is expensive. The closest school is just down near the canal- it's a good school, relatively new and the teachers seem very engaged and competent. Catholic school, but pretty inclusive, in case that matters (it did for me). For fast food, there's a Dominos Pizza and a really nice Thai takeaway.

Sports-wise, there's very good football and GAA for kids. I couldn't say what it's like for adults as I despise sports.

Sallins train station is a big plus- regular services to Heuston, but also now there are some services direct to Pearse, which is really great for commuting.

Parts of Sallins are still a bit run down after the recession, particularly places like the Waterways across from Oldbridge, but there's good signs of improvement. Derelict buildings have now been bought up for development into offices and aparthotels.

Naas is very close by so lots of facilities there- some decent restaurants, shops and a cinema. Monread shopping centre is very close too. You do need to go out to Monread or further for a proper shop- the Supervalu in Sallins is a bit of a mess. There's also a primary care centre in Naas which hosts K-Doc the 24 hour GP service for the locality. If you have kids, you'll visit this place often.

Clane is about 10 mins away and is also a nice town- another primary care centre and a really good GP there at Abbeylands. Also a good Supervalu there which only casts more shade on the one in Sallins.

Newbridge is also nearby- a better cinema than Naas, Whitewater Shopping Centre is small but decent. I hate Penny's but since some people love it, there's a huge one close to the shopping centre. The Riverbank theater frequently runs shows and events for kids.

Overall, I like it a lot. Good place to raise kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

It's also worth noting about Oldbridge, that the concerns above about the new entrance to the estate, and it becoming a rat-run did not materialize. The new entrance is handy, and there's been no significant use of the estate as a shortcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Thanks very much for that very detailed response I really appreciate it. No place is perfect for all the variables in question is my opinion since starting to try and figure out where to settle.

Really great to hear though thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement