Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

sorry my maths not quite adding up , should use about 2700 of the 3100 in band 1.

if the 1 intake per 600 was to fall into play going forward and based on 3 intake in 2015 and 4 intakes in 2016 thenthere would be 7 intakes. this would mean that 4200 would still be required to be tested (600 x 7). Bearing in mind that there are 2400 still in band 1 then this could mean that BAND 2 would be reached. again just based on 1 intake per 600.

at this point in time the actual numbers of recruits got from the first 600 is not known and wont be until all medicals, fitness tests are completed. I wonder is PAS thinking of drawing another 600 soon ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Copaholic wrote: »
    at this point in time the actual numbers of recruits got from the first 600 is not known and wont be until all medicals, fitness tests are completed. I wonder is PAS thinking of drawing another 600 soon ??????

Hope so anyway. Where are you placed Copaholic? Im in 1800+ so maybe the third or 4th batch if theyre calling in 600s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

From the sounds of the other thread, not fact at all just my opinion, they already have the 2 intakes for this year sorted. After that they'll probably get 200 give or take from each 600 batch, so really it would depend on their intake.

Hopefully ye get a chance, soul destroying being left in limbo like that

Edit: I also don't think a new 600 will be drawn till the new year or late this year

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Lads/ladies I would just move on and find something else if it come up in a year or 2 try it again, just keep fit and do courses along the way. Not point keep going on about something that might never happen, we have no facts and yes were in limbo but if they haven't told us by now what saying they will in next few month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Ball burst

I agree.
    Definitely if you are in Band 2 or 3 don't put all your eggs in one basket (in this campaign) and you should be trying other careers.
    To some people being a member of AGS is the dream job, a vocation if you wish but the reality is no matter how much you might want it the shear numbers in this campaign are making it more difficult than the past and are completely slowing down the campaign esp if you are in band 2 and 3. I would even go to say those between 2000-3100 in band 1 may be waiting a while yet.

By the sounds of other threads it does look like that the first 600 will cover both intakes for this year--unexpected I think and disappointing for the rest.

People shouldn't put their life on hold because as per current legislation the 35 years old age limit has and will catch up with people so you cant keep trying and waiting indefinitely.

Keep yourself busy, try other stuff and who knows things may work out yet.

Mentions on another thread about an intake in Janruary 2015---perhaps the next 600 will be called in the next couple of months or sep by the latest given how long it has taken PAS to get throught the first 600 and they are still fiddling around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Mentions on another thread about an intake in Janruary 2015---perhaps the next 600 will be called in the next couple of months or sep by the latest given how long it has taken PAS to get throught the first 600 and they are still fiddling around with it.

I'd say you would be looking at march 2015 when the first batch are just finished. That would be my guess anyway.

they can run at least 2 if jot 3 batches simultaneously so perhaps jan 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Stage 2 band 2 has started moving, we will be next :)

Heard it's only the next 600, we are still down the pecking order...don't see us moving to be honest

just to confirm ---600-1200 (band 1) has been called for next test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

just to confirm ---600-1200 (band 1) has been called for next test ?

Candidates up to 1192 - bit of an odd number!

Odd number is right--disappointed if one was 1193 although still going to be called relatively soon.

Its great to see it moving--I thought that it might stop during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Another 1800 or so still to move in stage 2 band 2, the rate they are taking them that will take 2 years to get through. Don't get too exited yet I'd say

Yes rate at which it took them to get through the first 600 was a bit alarming

Yes rate at which it took them to get through the first 600 was a bit alarming

And they were in a rush, will only get slower IMO

well all anyone can do is now wait . however as I said earlier depending on where you are ranked don't put your life on hold for this.

well all anyone can do is now wait . however as I said earlier depending on where you are ranked don't put your life on hold for this.

Are you referring to band one or two?

• Advertisement

Hi all!! Has anyone made contact with there local policitial representive ? To see where we stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

mycro89 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Has anyone made contact with there local policitial representive ? To see where we stand

Waste of time. Couldn't care less attitude, was passed onto the Minister Of Justice, she answered one of my questions with a generic 'thanks for your service', but I couldn't care less replies.

Best doing what I am doing and what I should have done from the start. Going back to college and chase down another career, if I here back from them I will see where I am at. Sick to death of waiting around, maybes and the politics that comes with AGS. This will never change unless the government butt out of the running of AGS.

Tumble weed..

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/garda-is-not-a-broken-organisation-o-sullivan-says-1.1874871

See within "Taking questions from the floor, Ms O’Sullivan countered fears of under-staffing by saying Garda recruitment would recommence in the autumn."

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/garda-is-not-a-broken-organisation-o-sullivan-says-1.1874871

See within "Taking questions from the floor, Ms O’Sullivan countered fears of under-staffing by saying Garda recruitment would recommence in the autumn."
    Does she mean the intake to the college or a brand new recruitment drive?

Possibly misinterpreted as an intake

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Does she mean the intake to the college or a brand new recruitment drive?

Possibly misinterpreted as an intake

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Expecting an email any minute now about Stage 3 :/
    Nail biting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Xios wrote: »
    Expecting an email any minute now about Stage 3 :/
    Nail biting stuff.

Say what? Expecting an e-mail for what? Have they moved forward again?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

billie1b wrote: »
    Say what? Expecting an e-mail for what? Have they moved forward again?

I imagine it's for the results of the group that just completed stage 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

BRB wrote: »
    I imagine it's for the results of the group that just completed stage 3.

Yeah, pretty much, they said early August.
    I assume everyone has re-sit the tests from Band 1 Group 2.

Edit:/ Just copped i'm in the wrong thread :o

/facepalm.

I'd be hoping that when things get going in the college perhaps they might to BAND 2 around this time next year.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

I'd be hoping that when things get going in the college perhaps they might to BAND 2 around this time next year.

Any thoughts ?

My thoughts are that it would be 2016 before this happens at the earliest.

octigen wrote: »
    My thoughts are that it would be 2016 before this happens at the earliest.

2016, would this competition be null and void then? Wasn't it said that this campaign would serve for 3 years?

How many are still in the running from the initial 5,000 that formed band 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

2016, would this competition be null and void then? Wasn't it said that this campaign would serve for 3 years?

How many are still in the running from the initial 5,000 that formed band 1?

Yes 3 years. 2014,2015,2016.

3,100 of Band 1 passed stage 2.

600 were brought forward and roughly 240 passed interview. I would expect at least 200 of these to end up in templemore.

Therefore there is 2,500 still in the running. Roughly 600 of these have gone to stage 3 in past month.

The drop off will probably be higher as the competition drags on but roughly speaking 600 moving to stage 3 = 200 trainees. By this logic the 900 places promised will be close to being filled from the original band 1.

I guess at that stage if they are still places remaining to be filled they will call the entire band 2 forward to Stage 2.

This is what I can best figure out but I'm open to correction.

octigen wrote: »
    Yes 3 years. 2014,2015,2016.

3,100 of Band 1 passed stage 2.

600 were brought forward and roughly 240 passed interview. I would expect at least 200 of these to end up in templemore.

Therefore there is 2,500 still in the running. Roughly 600 of these have gone to stage 3 in past month.

The drop off will probably be higher as the competition drags on but roughly speaking 600 moving to stage 3 = 200 trainees. By this logic the 900 places promised will be close to being filled from the original band 1.

I guess at that stage if they are still places remaining to be filled they will call the entire band 2 forward to Stage 2.

This is what I can best figure out but I'm open to correction.

I can't handle it any more :(

• Advertisement

I'm gutted lads :( I don't know where I stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm gutted lads :( I don't know where I stand

This is gonna sound harsh but it is the reality. You need to move on. I'm not saying you won't be called but waiting for an email or phone call, day in day out, when you are so far down the list is madness.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    This is gonna sound harsh but it is the reality. You need to move on. I'm not saying you won't be called but waiting for an email or phone call, day in day out, when you are so far down the list is madness.

Ok cheers! :)

How are all?

You really just need to forget about it for a few years, for your own sake, there is no one on here from band 2 that is going to be chatting about recruitment day in day out, put it to the back of your mind and sort something out incase the gards doesn't work out, like the rest of us. If it comes along great. Waiting for news on here everyday with regards to band 2 is going to make 2 years feel like 10 beleive me iv done it. It will be 2 years min b4 we hear anything and that's IF we do. So just try and enjoy yourself until then and release yourself from all this waiting it's madness. Even forget about boards for awhile, check it once every few days to see how band one are getting on, but your only talking to yourself on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

Mycro89, just forget about it for a while.

We'll be called if we're needed.

If we have to apply again then so be it.

Even if we where called to the next stage then it's another exam to worry about, and more waiting.

Patience :)

Mycro89, just forget about it for a while.

We'll be called if we're needed.

If we have to apply again then so be it.

Even if we where called to the next stage then it's another exam to worry about, and more waiting.

Patience :)

I apologise lads, our time will come (hopefully) would just like if they began even drip feeding band 2 into the system, like what they are doing with band 1, let so many from band 2 sit the next set of tests like when band 1 do stage 3 then candidates from band 2 do stage 2 tests etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ted878

Mycro89 hate to be the bearer of bad news but there's still 3900 odd people from band 1 waiting to sit stage 3 of the competition. From the 5000 in band 1 they called 600 the first time and they're making up the 1st and 2nd intakes. Some even part of the 3rd intake as 260 or so passed the interview and 30 in the Irish stream and each intake is 104. They called 601 - 1192 to stage 3 not too long ago. Going on this, 3 intakes per year, the 5000 in band 1 will more than cover. You keep saying you don't know where you stand, you do, your just in denial about it. Sorry to put it so bluntly but they're the facts.

Ted878 wrote: »
    Mycro89 hate to be the bearer of bad news but there's still 3900 odd people from band 1 waiting to sit stage 3 of the competition. From the 5000 in band 1 they called 600 the first time and they're making up the 1st and 2nd intakes. Some even part of the 3rd intake as 260 or so passed the interview and 30 in the Irish stream and each intake is 104. They called 601 - 1192 to stage 3 not too long ago. Going on this, 3 intakes per year, the 5000 in band 1 will more than cover. You keep saying you don't know where you stand, you do, your just in denial about it. Sorry to put it so bluntly but they're the facts.

Ok maybe, but just to clarify only 3,100 passed stage 2 so with failures and drop outs how many are within band 1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Ok maybe, but just to clarify only 3,100 passed stage 2 so with failures and drop outs how many are within band 1?

5000 less a couple of hundred drop outs who got the call to attend college but refused the measley 23k pa as economy is improved and unemployment dropping.

Ted878 wrote: »

That's wrong. Only 3000 of band 1 passed stage 2, of this 600 have been put through system and seem they will get around 1 and a bit intakes out of that. Next 600 are coming forward so only around 1800 ahead of us after that but that's still a long wait

thekopend wrote: »
    That's wrong. Only 3000 of band 1 passed stage 2, of this 600 have been put through system and seem they will get around 1 and a bit intakes out of that. Next 600 are coming forward so only around 1800 ahead of us after that but that's still a long wait

Things are moving in the right direction, I would imagine when they reach a certain level with band 1 candidates we'll get the nod to do stage 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

If they proceed at the same rate I'm not so sure they'll reach band 2 anytime soon.

The first batch was about 220 out of the English stream out of the 600 (lets forget about the 33 out of the Irish stream for now).

Conservatively the success rate is as follows:

220/600 = .37 x 3100 = 1,136

This 1,136 I would imagine should be sufficient to cover retirements.

So mycro89 I suggest you don't put your life on hold for this. I'd say your best bet would be to try and upskill and practice aptitude test as much as you can and then come back full throttle in the 2016/2017 campaign. Maybe even join the reserve, as any reserve who got to interview that I know performed very well as they had ready-made answers from their experience as reserves.

So work away, forget about it for a few years, and if you do get the call onto stage 2 take it as a bonus.

I reckon they will be a 3rd intake by March/ April assuming that all goes to plan. Getting the first intake was always going to be the longest as its the first run and having a first class in July was never going to happen it being in the middle of the summer with people taking holidays etc and also the college has to be restaffed. Once the first bunch goes in and the college and PAS turn into a well oiled machine I reckon they will start going through the rest of Band 1 and get to Band 2 sooner than you might think, hopefully in second half of next year.

I reckon they will be a 3rd intake by March/ April assuming that all goes to plan. Getting the first intake was always going to be the longest as its the first run and having a first class in July was never going to happen it being in the middle of the summer with people taking holidays etc and also the college has to be restaffed. Once the first bunch goes in and the college and PAS turn into a well oiled machine I reckon they will start going through the rest of Band 1 and get to Band 2 sooner than you might think, hopefully in second half of next year.

Cool, I was thinking the same myself but would have questioned the logic of it all also! Hope you are progressing along at present!

• Advertisement
Advertisement