Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Don't despair, hang in there. Id expect that the next 600 would be called soon after Christmas and they will work through the balance of band 1 next year. Before Band 2 can be called in groups of 600 they will need to give band 2 the online exam which will result as a it did with band 1 a significant reduction in its size. All in all band 2 will in all likelihood be called in the second half of 2015. Its now a year since people first applied and naturally some people will have taken other avenues in their life and may not go forward when called for other stages. For those that have not taken other avenues all one can do is wait and do as much as you can to help you through the various stages when band 2 is called. Hang in there your turn will in most probability will come round

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Happy New Year Folks, hopefully we'll get moving through the process this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Wouldn't bet on it. In the slightest. Not this year anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

optimistic as always i see....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gardapa

I would say realistic more than anything. I am in 601-3200, I would say they will be lucky to get through that throughout 2015.

I would say just forget about it for the moment. If you get called forward well then brilliant but don't be sitting around thinking about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

If I were you guys, I would NOT pull my name. What have you got to loose by leaving your name in. Just don't put your life on hold. Achieve what you can in the interim, but just leave your name in the running and wait patiently.

You won't forget the day you receive your e-mail inviting you to Templemore; you won't forget the day to enter the college for the 1st time; you won't forget the day you receive your uniform; you won't forget a day of your experience.
    Remember that you applied initially for a reason and you waited this long for a reason; just leave your name there and see what the future holds for you.

For years I worked full-time in hospitality; studied part-time for a degree and volunteered in the GardaReserves with the time remaining. Days I finished in the hotel at 11pm, back in uniform at 12:30am; home at 5am; studied until I crashed; back into hotel at 3pm and around again... A Sergeant sat me down one day lecturing me about Health&Safety and the hours between my shifts :mad: (rest time is important) ... days you'll be impatient you'll want to go straight into the station and see where you're needed; other days you'll go in but won't want to be there but you will keep putting on your uniform and keep walking in the door as you applied initially for a very reason that'll give you strength when you need it.

The heading here is: Band 2 what do we do ... My tuppence is keep your name there; wait and see what your future holds for you.
    It's quite the memorable experience when you join,
    Not always positive,
    but remember the reason why you applied initially & wait and see!
    kerry4sam

I wouldn't recommend anyone pulling there name from the hat but truth of it, all of us still in the process may not get called for another 2 years, if at all. Don't forget this campaign started in November 2013, we are only going to last a certain time before a new campaign begins and we all have to start from scratch. If people are not prepared to wait another year not knowing and waiting, then they should pull their name. They will only drive themselves mad otherwise.

In relation to your Sergeant pulling you aside over your hours, he/she was right to do so.

optimistic as always i see....

Well why not? Don't be grumpy the whole time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

hi all,

hope ye are well,

Does anybody know how long these bands can exist before they become inavlid etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blarney15

Canyon86 wrote: »
    hi all,

hope ye are well,

Does anybody know how long these bands can exist before they become inavlid etc?

Was on to public jobs during the week. They said 2016/2017 going on what Alan Shatter had said.

Don't know if this still stands with Francis Fitzgerald?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

blarney15 wrote: »
    Was on to public jobs during the week. They said 2016/2017 going on what Alan Shatter had said.

Don't know if this still stands with Francis Fitzgerald?

Who knows, she dose not say or do much in my option. Looks like she couldn't care less about anything the DOJ dose.

Bands can exactly become invalid because all we have done is aptitude which time does not affect. But they wont be kept forever. New campaign end 2016 early 2017 id say

Good news for anyone who has spent their entire lives trying to become police officers today.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/psni-reprieve-will-make-a-real-difference-harris-30920877.html

Hello all, any updates ??

Only update I have is im applying for British Army Cadets Officers.....trying to get into the gards is as good as pissing against the wind....

Only update I have is im applying for British Army Cadets Officers.....trying to get into the gards is as good as pissing against the wind....

good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Just a rumour, but there could be another intake of 100 in the next 4/5 months.

Ya but that will be for the next batch of 600 in band 1. Band 2 are still not being used...

mycro89 wrote: »
    Hello all, any updates ??

Gona be a long year for ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

band one still hasn't been got through still enough for 2 more intakes in band one afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Well that's a start anyhow. More and more are leaving them now. Money isn't worth the job

ppaddy wrote: »
    Well that's a start anyhow. More and more are leaving them now. Money isn't worth the job

Have people left ?

I know a fella up there, he was in the first group. No ones left.

Are people confident that we'll progress based on recent developments??

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Are people confident that we'll progress based on recent developments??

definitely.... jus sit tight

• Advertisement

JonathanP wrote: »
    definitely.... jus sit tight

Will we be given an update do ye think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Not at tall why wud you
    You think your special?

Oh ffs.... You got an update yesterday thats all you're going to get

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

As far as i think i would say no to an entire "band" update but as things move on i think we will see just groups moving forward ending in band one and continuing to band two. If that makes sense mycro??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 2015dude

Hi lads it's my first post but I've been watching these foroms for a while now I got knocked out of currant campaign myself
    Basically I've signed up out of anger one fella on another site had said he gets to do stage 3 AGAIN even tho he failed last yr. wats the deal wit that does anyone know??
    why does he get a second chance and is it only him ? F*ck that where is the transparency / fairness in that

That now has pissrd me off

• Advertisement

2015dude wrote: »
    Hi lads it's my first post but I've been watching these foroms for a while now I got knocked out of currant campaign myself
    Basically I've signed up out of anger one fella on another site had said he gets to do stage 3 AGAIN even tho he failed last yr. wats the deal wit that does anyone know??
    why does he get a second chance and is it only him ? F*ck that where is the transparency / fairness in that

I'm not allowed link it???

2015dude wrote: »

Link ?

JonathanP wrote: »
    As far as i think i would say no to an entire "band" update but as things move on i think we will see just groups moving forward ending in band one and continuing to band two. If that makes sense mycro??

well i would say it will be the exact same as band 1. all of band 2 will do stage 2 online and they will get the best out of band 2 cut a huge amount and then bring forward 600 and so on. there is no reason for them not to bring the whole band through stage 2 like they did band 1 its not like it will cost more its online and results are automatic, in fact it makes more sense.

Stage 3 is report writing and verification of your online aptitude tests. I'd say he passed his report writing an failed his verification. If the scoring of online aptitude and and paper aptitude were similar in scoring I think you can appeal and do it again.

If your scoring is way off compared to your online tests it might show that you cheated during online aptitude.

Best thing to do is contact public jobs for an official answer.

so.....aptitude tests....any way to get better at them cause i fcuking suck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

so.....aptitude tests....any way to get better at them cause i fcuking suck!

Sounds annoying but just to keep practising is the only way, you'll start to notice patterns and the likes repeating themselves and you'll get used to it

Ya I know what ya mean man....i dont know how you judge someones abilty to do a certain job based on those tests. But its the world we live in and im just gonna have to get good at them if i want to quit this goddamn ushering jobs im in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

Ya I know what ya mean man....i dont know how you judge someones abilty to do a certain job based on those tests. But its the world we live in and im just gonna have to get good at them if i want to quit this goddamn ushering jobs im in.

The tests are specifically designed to find people who are typically best suited to the job. As much as it is a number culling process it's not the only reason they exist.

It's the same for pilots, Doctors, Firefighters etc.

Just because people think they will make a good Guard, Fireman etc doesn't mean they would be.

Saying that there are some fools who get by these stages and that's as you said 'the world we live in'

Lads please can someone point me in the direction of someone who helps people get ready for these tests. Im trying to get the hang of them i really am but im just struggling. I need one to one help an I dont know where to go. Im up for selection in the UK civil service soon and I might as well not go as i cant do these tests. Im freaking out please help.

Lads please can someone point me in the direction of someone who helps people get ready for these tests. Im trying to get the hang of them i really am but im just struggling. I need one to one help an I dont know where to go. Im up for selection in the UK civil service soon and I might as well not go as i cant do these tests. Im freaking out please help.

try career directions? books on ebay? google the tests and find books,

plenty out there :) good luck with it,

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity, for the people who are in band 1, and waiting to be called to stage 3, how long will it take for them to get to templemore. Im just trying to figure out a time period. I reckon it will be 12 months before we get called to stage 2 and 16 to 18 months before we get a shot at templemore?

Hey Wannabegard,

Id say your timescales are not too far off the ball (+/- few months).
    Hopefully as the creases are ironed out and Templemore become a well oiled machine you would hope things might progress smoother and thus a little more quickly

Will we move at all? Given the time frame you have stayed above it would surely be a new campaign then?? Opinions ??

More than likely a new campaign will not be called until the current one is at least 3 years. however having said that you cant be sure. At this stage perhaps those in BAND 2 would prefer the current campaign to keep on its current course and reach Band 2 rather than start again. If they progress to band 2 at all then its likely they will run thought band 2 as per band 1 in groups of 600. We can only wait and see

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Jack Max

I'm guessing they may start from scratch and achieve a new band 1 with fresh meat and those from current band 2 who can try again if they have improved themselves sufficiently to be considered 'A' grade band 1 material.

I think the fact that band 2 and band 3 were formed at all would indicate some intention by PAS and AGS that these bands may be used going forward or at least have these bands available if needed. In addition the fact that these bands were formed and not removed may demonstrate that they have attained a sufficient mark worthy to remain in the campaign until at least stage 2 when they will be called for the next test.
    All in all the probability is that band 2 at least may get called and possibly band 3.
    With an election looming in little over a year and with apparently seemless Garda recruitment now in progress would it appear pointless to just start a new campaign for whatever reason.
    Who knows but time will tell.

@FitzgeraldFrncs: 'Two weeks ago, I stood with our Taoiseach in the Garda College in Templemore.We reopened that college.And we wont let it close again.'#FG

A tweet up on Twitter today from the minister for justice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

@FitzgeraldFrncs: 'Two weeks ago, I stood with our Taoiseach in the Garda College in Templemore.We reopened that college.And we wont let it close again.'#FG

A tweet up on Twitter today from the minister for justice...

It's very easy for her to make promises about the future when she knows come next year she won't be in government.

If there was any truth to the claims she has made since being appointed to justice we'd be seeing changes already.

Bloodwing wrote: »
    It's very easy for her to make promises about the future when she knows come next year she won't be in government.

If there was any truth to the claims she has made since being appointed to justice we'd be seeing changes already.

That it is, frustrating so it is, I don't know what to make of it all, if a clear plan were to issued to all candidates to at least let people know their intentions it would be great

• Advertisement

wont matter anyway cause im not getting in cause i cant do ****ing aptitude tests!!!!

Advertisement