Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

rocky911 wrote: »
    I would have no affilation whatsoever but I do believe he is very good rep and could do a lot if giving the chance. Funny considering his background is accountancy with EY but maybe that experience of seeing of how large organisations work is helping him.

Shatter was an absolute gangster that at the time of the recruitment process had other things on his mind which is why I think that the campaign itself did not get the full attention it deserved.

Gangster ha, nail on the head

Remember that time he more or less said to the GRA 'Because you wouldn't sign up to Haddington Rd, you've given me no choice but to defer this big lovely recruitment drive that I had planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

D Trent wrote: »
    Gangster ha, nail on the head

Remember that time he more or less said to the GRA 'Because you wouldn't sign up to Haddington Rd, you've given me no choice but to defer this big lovely recruitment drive that I had planned.

He had f**k all planned, met him at our passing out ceremony and he was a weasel in my opinion but couldn't say it at the time.

In all honesty though will there be the same interest if the opened recruitment in the morning,? Im not so sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How do you mean ??

Given the fact that they are still at approx 2000 within band1 for assessments do other bands stand a chance ? Had it been double that figure announced today then perhaps there would be more hope?

mycro89 wrote: »
    Given the fact that they are still at approx 2000 within band1 for assessments do other bands stand a chance ? Had it been double that figure announced today then perhaps there would be more hope?

Era a lot could happen in the next 6 months, particularly in that line of work but I do say this don't put your life on hold and remember the grass aint always greener.

By Internal, I mean a stream for reserves, Heres FF Niall Collins addressing the Commissioner in the Oireachtas last week

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Niall-Collins/365558726793635

Would that apply to this campaign or would it be for other campaigns going forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

lads im after hearing from one of my sergants that is possible that it could be a fresh campaign. As in they are SCRAPPING THE BANDS AND STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN. What do ye think/.

lads im after hearing from one of my sergants that is possible that it could be a fresh campaign. As in they are SCRAPPING THE BANDS AND STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN. What do ye think/.

And so the rumour mill begins.. They have already started testing for these 2 intakes so can't see them scrapping the campaign at this stage.Could happen alright next year I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This stream will be used till 2016 at least, IMO

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Ya I was thinking the same thing. Just said I would put up what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

A different kind of question: what are you doing to prepare for the possibility of band 2 being called? Has anyone started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I agree or if at worse start a new campaign after band 1 has dried up.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I agree or if at worse start a new campaign after band 1 has dried up.

Why start a new campaign when band 1 is "dried up", when there is still approx 8,000 applicants within the system that met the pass requirement from the outset

Why start a new campaign when band 1 is "dried up", when there is still approx 8,000 applicants within the system that met the pass requirement from the outset

Why you asking me? I have no idea why such a move would be done. Make sense to me to use what they have up band 1 2 3. This been Ireland if you haven't noticed things that make sense usually take a back seat.

Why you asking me? I have no idea why such a move would be done. Make sense to me to use what they have up band 1 2 3. This been Ireland if you haven't noticed things that make sense usually take a back seat.

Ah I wasn't asking you..... It was a statement really :)

Ah I wasn't asking you..... It was a statement really :)

Sorry. No I agree would be a bit mad to run a another one. But might get a better result myself or go worse ! All rumours anyway, more sitting it out I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

They have a campaign running with plenty of people to go through. Unless they have plans to radically reform the recruitment system Id say it will be left as is and they will simply run through the bands or within a 3 year time frame whichever comes soonest.
    Regarding the internal stream for reserves rumors it is possible that if that was finalised that it could run alongside the current campaign and not necessarily wait for a new campaign to commence. However it is anyones guess at this stage.

Copaholic wrote: »
    They have a campaign running with plenty of people to go through. Unless they have plans to radically reform the recruitment system Id say it will be left as is and they will simply run through the bands or within a 3 year time frame whichever comes soonest.
    Regarding the internal stream for reserves rumors it is possible that if that was finalised that it could run alongside the current campaign and not necessarily wait for a new campaign to commence. However it is anyones guess at this stage.

If that were the case, then reserves that have been knocked out todate, would they get a second chance yet again??

That could be possible unless this new stream would only commence when a new campaign would commence. If it runs along side this current one then yes it is possible that reserves that have been knocked out (if there are some) would then have an opportunity via the reserve stream but that's the advantage of being in the reserve and they should not be denied that if it occurs.

I'd say there'll be a new campaign in 2016/17 any new streams will be added then and not to the existing applicant stream

As the process is only at discussions stage it will in most probability be when the new campaign commences. The concept of an internal stream is well over due and rightly deserved for Reserves and should have been part of the current campaign but at least they are working on it now.

• Advertisement

Copaholic wrote: »
    As the process is only at discussions stage it will in most probability be when the new campaign commences. The concept of an internal stream is well over due and rightly deserved for Reserves and should have been part of the current campaign but at least they are working on it now.
    Time to start going into the station again methinks...

yes a few extra hours here and there is no harm

Mr Jeepy wrote: »
    I think us in Band 2 are regarded as the dunces. Us "dregs" will never get a fair crack of the whip. Best if we all started with a clean slate.

How are we dunces...lad? Iv put in 5 years as a reserve. Iv a law degree and a masters so am I an idiot because I would up in band 2 there is a recruit in Templemore who was in my masters course. He never did a day in his life as a reserve yet because he flew through a stupid aptitude test he got in. Is that what your saying. Iv spoke to public jobs. She told me once band 1 is done recruitment will commence for band 2. This could take up to a year. I told them straight that this system is totally and utterly ridiculous and you can't judge someone's ability to do a job based on an aptitude test. Iv heard of officer cadets who have scored top marks in selection process, flew through aptitude tests, planning excercises and interviews and once they start the training they are gone within a week. Just look at the guy who dropped out of Templemore.

Our time will come

Would I like to see and fresh campaign yes of course I would it would be Christmas Easter, my birthday and Halloween all on one but I don't think it will happen

Ya he was in the first group that will pass out in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Do you know on what grounds he dropped on?

Mr Jeepy wrote: »
    And what happened?

Mod

Lets not speculate as to why someone may or may not have left

Is the pay really starting out at 350€ a week?

I dunno why he dropped out. I heard it from another recruit I know. A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I dunno why he dropped out. I heard it from another recruit I know. A

But sure in every phase there's always dropouts for some reason or another.

Don't know why people are getting so surprised about it. He is one out of 300 and he won't be the only one come the time of graduation of the latest 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You people are obsessed with dropouts......

How are we dunces...lad? Iv put in 5 years as a reserve. Iv a law degree and a masters so am I an idiot because I would up in band 2 there is a recruit in Templemore who was in my masters course. He never did a day in his life as a reserve yet because he flew through a stupid aptitude test he got in. Is that what your saying. Iv spoke to public jobs. She told me once band 1 is done recruitment will commence for band 2. This could take up to a year. I told them straight that this system is totally and utterly ridiculous and you can't judge someone's ability to do a job based on an aptitude test. Iv heard of officer cadets who have scored top marks in selection process, flew through aptitude tests, planning excercises and interviews and once they start the training they are gone within a week. Just look at the guy who dropped out of Templemore.

Our time will come

Your the most dedicated person wanting to join the Guards I've ever come across mate :):)

I'm going to Templemore lad. I don't give a **** who tells me I'm not but I'm going there. And I'm going to get the gary Sheehan medal aswell. Don't care how long it takes I'm going there or I'll die trying

How did you do all the legal courses, reserves and presumably work all at once out on intrest mate?

I joined the reserve first year of college. Was tipping away with reserves during it. Instead of beer I was out with them all that. When I finished d undergrad there was still no recruitment so I did a masters hoping it would pick up. But I got stuck in band 2 so here I am. Not sure whether I should wait or go to the British military police. I spoke with a recruiter and I'm very interested but I need to get my fitness sorted first before I even go applying for that .

I'm a but behind I'm work experience tbh.
    A lot of the stuff iv done would be academic and I kinda want to do something different. If nothing comes I can always go back and train to be a lecturer but I needed a break from all the study

could i ask your age mate? I've a bit of work experience behind me and i'm hoping to get atleast a degree in the next few years as a back up plan i suppose..

I have heard that intakes are going to increase significantly in the coming months. I can't say where u got this information but we will get a shot at it. That is guaranteed. Please don't ask me to expand on this as it was told to me in confidence

What about a new campaign ?

You might think that I couldn't possibly comment

You might think that I couldn't possibly comment

That makes no sense?

• Advertisement

we will get a shot at it. That is for definate. stop asking me. just wait it out.

Haha ok ok!

we will get a shot at it. That is for definate. stop asking me. just wait it out.

If you're not going to give your source, don't post the information. Anyone could come on saying this or that will happen.

Its clear that people are going to ask questions of such a statement

just trying to give a little hope lad.

just trying to give a little hope lad.

As I said, anyone can come on and give information, true or untrue, sources and links are the only way we can verify the information

no bother you can delete my comments if you like.

It's all hearsay I guess

• Advertisement

The rumor mill fire has ignited again.

Rumors of Reserve streams, increased intakes and Garda unicorns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

The rumor mill fire has ignited again.

Rumors of Reserve streams, increased intakes and Garda unicorns.

They're allowing unicorns apply now? The horses will not be happy!

Ya he was in the first group that will pass out in May.

Only one recruit has dropped out so is it ?

I heard this from a person who is actively involved in organising and planning the recruit training programme. He is really high up in a law school and meets with Garda college management on a regular basis so I think he knows a bit more about it then you do. He had the goddamn recruits exams on his desk.

Just wondering, thinking out loud really, by any chance is it the additional recruits that was announced a few weeks ago that your contact was referring to!?

billie1b wrote: »
    They're allowing unicorns apply now? The horses will not be happy!

What about donkeys are they still ok?

• Advertisement
Advertisement