Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

If we get as far as interview before next campaign we will be sound. Its not like last time where every one was scrapped because of the five year gap. When there is continueos recruitment a new campaign wont affect people in the hands of garda hq doing interviews and medicals etc they will still remain in the process with the new campaign coming up behind them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Sur it's a three year campaign. About 1900 of us will be elimated after the stage 2 results come out. So it's less competition for the people going to stage 3. There will be more places also because more gardai will be taken in. Band 3 will probably get a shot at it aswell before 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

caza182 wrote: »
    also bear in mind that the turn out rate for stage 3 was quite poor even yesterday there was somewhere between 15 and 20 to be interviewed on my sheet and the fella told me that already 4 hadn't turned up!

that's a shocking turn out by any standard. considering the tough economy you'd think people would at least try to get in.

Good for us thou

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

People aren't even doing that badly in the stages rather just there isn't enough people showing up! Can't understand how those who went to dublin to do stage 3 and passed and then just didn't show up for their interview it's crazy! I would think that band 2 could receive a call up when all interview results are released, otherwise they'll have only a couple hundred doing fitness/medical or waiting to get into the college and they need candidates to be going through the system so when the time comes they can be called on!

Which is absolutly brilliant for the people who really want it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

People aren't even doing that badly in the stages rather just there isn't enough people showing up! Can't understand how those who went to dublin to do stage 3 and passed and then just didn't show up for their interview it's crazy! I would think that band 2 could receive a call up when all interview results are released, otherwise they'll have only a couple hundred doing fitness/medical or waiting to get into the college and they need candidates to be going through the system so when the time comes they can be called on!

People's circumstances can change quite a lot in the space of a year. I imagine there is a big chunk of people who initially put in an application and did the aptitude tests that are no longer interested in joining the Gardaí - hence no surprise that people aren't showing up for the next stages of the process.

That is going to become more pronounced as the economy improves too.

People's circumstances can change quite a lot in the space of a year. I imagine there is a big chunk of people who initially put in an application and did the aptitude tests that are no longer interested in joining the Gardaí - hence no surprise that people aren't showing up for the next stages of the process.

That is going to become more pronounced as the economy improves too.

I mean for those who attended stage 3 last month but did not attend stage 4 this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

those 4 that didnt turn up, timewasters, could have at least notified public jobs to give another candidate a chance, very ignorant!

• Advertisement

They don't realise the mistake they just made....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Canyon86 wrote: »
    those 4 that didnt turn up, timewasters, could have at least notified public jobs to give another candidate a chance, very ignorant!

Wouldn't have mattered a set number were sitting the interview. Alls it would have meant was that others would have been pushed forward into their time slots maybe eliminating a day the board need to sit.
    would also leave us with less waiting times but hey less competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

caza182 wrote:
    I mean for those who attended stage 3 last month but did not attend stage 4 this week

I imagine the induction talk after the supervised aptitude tests put a lot of people off continuing. They still should have notified PAS though.

What's the induction talk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

There's and induction/information talk after or before your supervised aptitude tests to talk you through any questions you may have about the process and about being a garda too, I found it extremely helpful and only made me more determined to make it through :)

Did you get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Did you get it?

Yes she did, keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Any updates on the process ? Is band 1 cleared? Have they all completed the interview?

I was speaking to a guy about going for aptitude test grinds. As far as we know they are interviewing the last of band 1 for the next two or three weeks. After that one of two things are going to happen. Either band 2 are going to be called or the bands are going to be scrapped and things will start from scratch. It's basically wait and see what happens.

Did you get it?

Yes I am hoping to be in Templemore in the next intake, my vetting wasn't completed in time for next weeks intake.

After spending two hours praticing aptitude tests, im starting to wonder am i too stupid to be a gard?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

After spending two hours praticing aptitude tests, im starting to wonder am i too stupid to be a gard?????

believe in yourself, stick at it,

you cant be beaten before you walk in the door :)

Aptitude tests are all about practice and not rushing them, no point answering all 40 lets say and you get 20 wrong where if you do 30 you get them all right!

The key is to do maybe 3-5 a day for about 8 days and trust me you do notice yourself improving.

That's why Publicjobs, ESB, an Post, Eircom etc give their candidates a number of days to practice.

You will only get frustrated if you do marathon attempts

Well you made the standard in the first aptitude maybe not band 1 but still made it. No reason why you shouldent make it again

Are we progressing forward, hearing a lot about apptitude tests here ...

mycro89 wrote: »
    Are we progressing forward, hearing a lot about apptitude tests here ...

Yeah you've to be in Dublin Friday week

D Trent wrote: »
    Yeah you've to be in Dublin Friday week

Brilliant, thankfully I there...

Myrco are you paying any attention to the posts on this? Look back and read them. No we are not progressing yet. But we are starting to prepare in the event that we are called which is more than likely. cop on

O YA VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE WHEN YOU ARE STUDYING FOR THE APTITUDE TESTS BE SURE AND GOOGLE INDUCTIVE REASONING ODD ONE OUT TESTS. NOT ABSTRACT REASONING!! TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

my boyfriend was placed at the beginning of band 2 somewhere around 5,200 and has just received his call up to stage 2, they're moving fast now!

• Advertisement

Holy s**t im after getting the email aswell!! Thought this day would never come. Study study!

Where is d Trent now ? 💪

thekopend wrote: »
    Holy s**t im after getting the email aswell!! Thought this day would never come. Study study!

Where did you place? My boyfriend briefly read the email as he's in work and said he can't see any mention of how many they've called!

Campaign ID: Garda Trainee Campaign

Candidate ID: xxxxx

Dear xxxx

I refer to your candidature for the Garda Trainee campaign and your subsequent placement following your completion in January 2014 of the Stage 1 on-line assessment tests.

This campaign attracted almost 25,000 applications. Following Stage 1, the top placed candidates have now been processed through the multi stage selection process. We are now preparing to invite a further group of candidates to compete at Stage 2 and I am pleased to inform you that you are among those to be invited.

Preparing for your test

Stage 2 will comprise a further round of on-line aptitude tests, i.e. 1) Verbal Reasoning Test and 2) Inductive/ Logical Reasoning Test. Therefore you will require a PC or laptop to complete these tests. Pre-test information, which also contains a link to practice test material, is available in the link below.  You are advised to read this carefully before taking the actual tests.

Pre-test Information LINK

The Actual Tests

A message will be sent to your Publicjobs Message Board by Tuesday 25th August 2015 containing a link to your actual aptitude tests.  If you have not received this message by Thursday 27 August, you should email gardatrainee2013@publicjobs.ie

You are required to complete and submit both aptitude tests between the following dates:

Tuesday 25th August - 12 noon on Wednesday 9th September 2015.

Candidates who do not complete the tests within this period will be deemed to be no longer interested, and their application with receive no further consideration.

Candidates must qualify in both tests and those ranked highest will be invited in batches as required, to undertake the next stage of the selection process. Stage 3 will comprise an Assessment Centre where candidates will be required to sit similar tests in a supervised environment.

Ya i got this aswell....im so ****ed its not funny.....

Where did you place? My boyfriend briefly read the email as he's in work and said he can't see any mention of how many they've called!

They have called the whole band forward to stage 2 just like they did with band 1. Cant even remember where i was placed its in an email way back when

So I wonder if they called all of Band 2 together like they did Band 1....

thekopend wrote: »
    They have called the whole band forward to stage 2 just like they did with band 1. Cant even remember where i was placed its in an email way back when

Woops didn't see this post!

Best of luck to you all!!

Ya they are. same story.3100 to get through to stage 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Will that was bolt of lightening out of no where. Emmm, wasn't expecting that. Shizzler.

Ya I rang public jobs yday and your man said it would be a couple of weeks before the messages were sent out...and then BAM. Pitty I'm gonna fail it thou....them sample tests were tough...

They have called band 2 and 3, my brother is from band 3 so i know this as fact. So they have called the remaining 7,000 people who qualified after stage 1 to make up new bands who will then get called to stage 3 in order of their placing.

Good luck everyone!!

They have called band 2 and 3, my brother is from band 3 so i know this as fact. So they have called the remaining 7,000 people who qualified after stage 1 to make up new bands who will then get called to stage 3 in order of their placing.

Good luck everyone!!

So it's basically like a giant stage 1 again. Ah not even stressed about its I have started plan b and am pretty happy with how its going so far. Besides I don't have the Irish so wondering if there's even a point in sitting it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    So it's basically like a giant stage 1 again. Ah not even stressed about its I have started plan b and am pretty happy with how its going so far. Besides I don't have the Irish so wondering if there's even a point in sitting it.

Well Irish isn't compulsory anymore they just want you to have 2 languages, and keeping with your plan B is good as the process can be lengthy time wise so it may be a year til some of you get to templemore...

Well Irish isn't compulsory anymore they just want you to have 2 languages, and keeping with your plan B is good as the process can be lengthy time wise so it may be a year til some of you get to templemore...

I might try squeeze a course in next year, as we could be waiting a while. It's the only bad thing about the LC it only comes once a year and it's just passed.

• Advertisement

Good luck everyone!!

Are u sure of this because i know someone in band 3 that hasnt been called and im fairly sure they are doing it as they intended eg band 1 then band two and maybe band 3 as the minister said. Maybe he is in band 2?

http://www.cebglobal.com/shldirect/en/assessment-advice/example-questions/inductive-reasoning

Is it me or am I missing information on these questions?

It's telling me to select the end of the pattern from the A to E but its not showing me a pattern to start with?

I figured it out.

Let the rest of us know willya....

Let the rest of us know willya....

Lol. I posted it the first time but removed it in case it was wrong

The top five are the pattern. The bottom five contain the next pattern you pick the one you think matches the pattern in the top first five.

A1A2A3
    A4B1B3
    ABCDEF

A would be the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Just got my message earlier! Assessment time again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement