Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get spice bags ?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone know where you can get a spicebag north dublin preferably around. Marino Whitehall drumcondra Dorset st area? Thanks xo

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to Boards :)
    I've moved this to the Dublin City forum because as it's area specific you're far more likely to get helpful replies in here.

Moved from Snacks & Sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I cannot recommend the Mekong in Santrys one enough....mmm Spicebag. Beaumont Chinese's isnt that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

87 Chinese in Summerhill does a great spice bag with two types of chicken. Shredded chicken and smoked chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anywhere around D7 / stoneybatter. I've yet to taste these little wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

fragrant river north strand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Slunk wrote: »
    Anywhere around D7 / stoneybatter. I've yet to taste these little wonders

Pheonix court on blackhorse avenue. I haven't got one myself, just heard them taking orders for spice bags.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Get mine in the Chinese above the bottom of the hill pub in Finglas village. Also get a tub of curry sauce with it. Starving now. Fcuk you OP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

what are they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

what are they?!

Salt & Chili chicken bites or Shredded Salt & Chili chicken with Salt & Chili chips.

They're amazeballs.

Fragrant river up near farview is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Dancor wrote: »
    Pheonix court on blackhorse avenue. I haven't got one myself, just heard them taking orders for spice bags.

My daughter asked me to order one last weekend but they are not on their menu so didn't ask, Tomorrow is take away night.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Rainbow on the New Cabra Road do them. I haven't had one and they're not on their menu but there are signs up for them in the takeaway

mosi wrote: »
    Rainbow on the New Cabra Road do them. I haven't had one and they're not on their menu but there are signs up for them in the takeaway

Are they a starter or sort of main course and how much are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They'd be more of a main course... get sauce of your choice to go with it and nom away...

I can't eat them at the moment because I get terrible heartburn but I'm ordering one into the hospital for after I give birth (only half kidding here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The nearest place to me that does them (Thangh Cong, priorswood) does them well. Fresh chillies chopped up and thrown on top. Nom.

Can never finish it, though. They literally fill one of those big brown chip bags until it's overflowing. I can only manage about half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

New Mandarin in marino. I don't think it's on their menu, but they do them if you ask. They also throw in some chicken balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I know you said northside but if your ever over the southside and near templeogue head for the sunflower Chinese at the orwell shopping centre. I've travelled out of my way for years to get them here, no matter what other one I've tried they never compare to the one's from here, well worth the spin to it

Ok, took a while but got to taste this wonderful dish this evening.:pac:

It's a bag of chips with some peppers/onions/chilies and some deep fried chicken bit's in.:confused:

Daughter arrived in with one for me to taste, gick, she agreed, deep fried mars bars comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She must have got it from the wrong place! :p

January wrote: »
    She must have got it from the wrong place! :p

I Don't like naming places that I didn't order from, I usually order from their sister shop that has the same name a bit down the road.:cool:

If I had bening ordering I would have asked what was in it and then not ordered it as I don't like chips.

As a thing, I'll be staying with the sister shop.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

give us a clue:D

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    give us a clue:D

Not in a thousand years.

(Thousand years,?)

Advertisement