Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your running style assessed for shoes

Options
  • 12-02-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Where is a good place (in Dublin) to get your running style, how your feet land etc assessed.
    I went into elverys and did this, he suggested some shoes and since I've used these shoes, I've had nothing but injuries in my shins.
    I've a feeling these shoes are the wrong match.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Amphibian King - Bray, Ballymount, and Ashtown

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Thanking you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Also Runways Parnell St. do this.

Thanks,

I just bought a set of runners that set me back over 100 notes, so Id like to pay to be assessed without buying runners. I dont want to feel pushed into buy another pair atm.

I'll check them both out thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Where is a good place (in Dublin) to get your running style, how your feet land etc assessed.
    I went into elverys and did this, he suggested some shoes and since I've used these shoes, I've had nothing but injuries in my shins.
    I've a feeling these shoes are the wrong match.

Thanks

Mick Dowling in Terenure.

• Advertisement

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Thanks,

I just bought a set of runners that set me back over 100 notes, so Id like to pay to be assessed without buying runners. I dont want to feel pushed into buy another pair atm.

I'll check them both out thanks

I hear ya! I don't think you'd be pressured in either store - both have good reputations, and are staffed by runners, so they really do give good advice -

Never been to AK, but heard good things - I went to Runways with issues about 3 years ago, and the shoe they recommended has done wonders for me - I've also overheard them not selling a shoe to someone that wanted it, as they felt it was the wrong one.

I think you'll be fine in both places - very busy at weekends though, so maybe a need to ring ahead.

First Up wrote: »
    Mick Dowling in Terenure.

Really? don't think he did Gait Analysis - certainly didn't the last time I was in his store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

paddyh117 wrote: »
    Really? don't think he did Gait Analysis - certainly didn't the last time I was in his store.

He certainly used to but it's been a while so maybe I'm out of date.

Thanks guys
    Runways is probably nearest to me, i'll check that out thanks for the excellent help

Also - Gait Analysis, that's the word for it haha!

Thanks

Advertisement