Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG - Unit inside house showing wrong information

Options
  • 12-02-2014 4:37pm

Hi, 

I came home today to find I had no electricity. I checked the balance on the unit I top up to which is located inside the house and it showed I had nearly 4 euros credit. So, I thought there was a power outage in the area. I then noticed that my neighbours in the estate had lights on so I then checked to see if any fuses had tripped but all were ok.

I called the helpline and was told to check the balance on the outside meter and this showed zero credit! The lady on the helpline said that I should only take the information on the outside meter as the correct balance. 

I have only had this meter since January and was shown how to use the indoor meter. I was never advised that the info it displays would be incorrect. I could understand a small variation but nearly 4 euros seems way off. Could you arrange to have a new indoor unit supplied as the one I have is definitely dodgy.

Regards,

Strawbs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Strawberry Milkshake,

We have sent a query to our colleagues that look after keypad electricity meter queries, and will advise you of what they say ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi,

I came home today to find I had no electricity. I checked the balance on the unit I top up to which is located inside the house and it showed I had nearly 4 euros credit. So, I thought there was a power outage in the area. I then noticed that my neighbours in the estate had lights on so I then checked to see if any fuses had tripped but all were ok.

I called the helpline and was told to check the balance on the outside meter and this showed zero credit! The lady on the helpline said that I should only take the information on the outside meter as the correct balance.

I have only had this meter since January and was shown how to use the indoor meter. I was never advised that the info it displays would be incorrect. I could understand a small variation but nearly 4 euros seems way off. Could you arrange to have a new indoor unit supplied as the one I have is definitely dodgy.
    Hi again Strawberry Milkshake,

I have spoken with my colleagues who look after keypad electricity meter queries. The meter outside is the one that needs to be observed for accurate information, so it is correct that a top-up is required. There may be a breakdown in communication between the freedom unit (the device indoors) and the keypad meter outside, due to the adverse weather conditions affecting the signal, resulting in an incorrect message appearing on the freedom unit. Or it might be that the freedom unit needs to be moved to a part of your home that is closer to the keypad meter outside.

It is likely to rectify itself, but contact us again if you continue to experience this irregularity.

Regards,
    Una

Hi,

Hi again Strawberry Milkshake,

I have spoken with my colleagues who look after keypad electricity meter queries. The meter outside is the one that needs to be observed for accurate information, so it is correct that a top-up is required. There may be a breakdown in communication between the freedom unit (the device indoors) and the keypad meter outside, due to the adverse weather conditions affecting the signal, resulting in an incorrect message appearing on the freedom unit. Or it might be that the freedom unit needs to be moved to a part of your home that is closer to the keypad meter outside.

It is likely to rectify itself, but contact us again if you continue to experience this irregularity.

Regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una,

I'll move it to the utility room which houses the fuse box. The electrical socket is on the inside of the meters location with only the block wall in the way. Can't get any nearer than that.

I'll top up again (using the outside meter) and give it a few days and check both balances. I'll report back early next week.

:)

No problem Strawberry Milkshake.

If you power off the freedom unit and re-power it, this may reset the message on display to the correct one also.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement