Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom design timber & iron driveway gate - Galway

Options
  • 12-02-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, would anybody know a person/company in Galway who makes custom designed timber driveway gates with ironwork detailing?

I just got a quote from a very reputable joinery company who made our stairs based just outside Galway and it was eye wateringly high and only included the actual timber gate, no finishing, no hardware, no ironwork and supply only. Their quote was about €3800!

I've been looking for months and can't find anyone so I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

RosAB wrote: »
    Hi, would anybody know a person/company in Galway who makes custom designed timber driveway gates with ironwork detailing?

I just got a quote from a very reputable joinery company who made our stairs based just outside Galway and it was eye watering high and only included the actual timber gate, no finishing, no hardware, no ironwork and supply only. Their quote was about €3800!

I've been looking for months and can't find anyone so Id be grateful for any suggestions.

Have you got a design for what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RosAB

Yes, we know exactly what we want. This is pretty much the shape with the curved top:

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/3403/vtpx.jpg

This is the sort of ironwork detailing we want in the top:

http://imageshack.com/a/img802/2783/fvz1.jpg

The height of the pillars the gates will be hung on are approx 1.38m and distance between the two pillars is 3.96m.

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We are about 10 miles from Galway, made lots of gates over the years.
    Easily made. Let me get a price on the metalwork and i'll get back to you.
    The price you were quoted was crazy btw.

Absolutely crazy.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RosAB

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Please keep the discussions on prices and quotes on pm,s please:)

Thankyou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 hynesg

RosAB wrote: »

I just got a quote from a very reputable joinery company who made our stairs based just outside Galway and it was eye wateringly high and only included the actual timber gate, no finishing, no hardware, no ironwork and supply only. Their quote was about €3800!

I've been looking for months and can't find anyone so I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

www.gatesgalway.ie
    Hynes Manufacturing Ballybrit,
    091 380381

Advertisement