Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Man Standing

Options
  • 12-02-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

hi all,

We've been running a lasts man standing league for the last year and its always been a lot of fun and pretty successful in the local area. We also have some guys in it who have moved away, up the country and over seas.

Thinking about setting up a website now for it to allow easier access for the people who are away. Would it be a major job to do something like this?

I've looked for some predefined scripts but nothing jumps out at me.

My thoughts on the requirements would be:
    -Website which allows user reg & login
    -Database of team names
    -Some way of generating fixtures
    -Allow users to select one team from all fixtures
    -tracking of what team has previously picked and stop them being picked again

Rough thoughts from me on that one, anyone have any suggestions?

I'm looking at this as more of a long term project then a quick fix thing so don't mind putting some work into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm wondering if Paddy Power have copyright over this concept?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Cant imagine why they would have copyright...not exactly a new idea. Google shows up loads of places running it.

And this looks like an Irish software house developing their own version:

http://www.enyano.ie/projects02.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

jrochie wrote: »
    hi all,

We've been running a lasts man standing league for the last year and its always been a lot of fun and pretty successful in the local area. We also have some guys in it who have moved away, up the country and over seas.

Thinking about setting up a website now for it to allow easier access for the people who are away. Would it be a major job to do something like this?

I've looked for some predefined scripts but nothing jumps out at me.

My thoughts on the requirements would be:
    -Website which allows user reg & login
    -Database of team names
    -Some way of generating fixtures
    -Allow users to select one team from all fixtures
    -tracking of what team has previously picked and stop them being picked again

Rough thoughts from me on that one, anyone have any suggestions?

I'm looking at this as more of a long term project then a quick fix thing so don't mind putting some work into it.

RunLastMan.com! ;)

Advertisement