Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

14yr old taking supplements

• 12-02-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I'm a 14 year old, I'm into sports and am fairly stocky, I want to lose some weight and gain muscle, I'm told the best thing to do is push ups sit ups etc... What is your opinion if I were to start taking supplements, should I should I not, everything in moderation is ok? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Personally I think supplements are no substitute for real food. What type of supplements are you thinking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pisterarian

Mainly just protein, not stupid amounts, slightly under recommended usage, also interested in creatine, as it's a natural substance but not sure how safe it is, wouldn't take a lot of creating if I did use it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

How much do you weigh? You don't need any supplements, I can almost guarantee that your current protein intake is sub par and a shake after your workout is not going to sort you out.

Just eat tuna, chicken, milk, mince, ham, etc etc

Aim to eat 2.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight. e.g if you weigh 65kg then eat at least ~143g of protein everyday

You want to lose weight and get stronger? You need to eat less calories than you need and hit your protein requirements every day.

Stick your details in here for a good estimate

Also you are only 14 and still growing etc, you probably shouldn't be trying to lose weight unless you have an unhealthy level of bodyfat.

Eat well, train hard for the next few years and you'll be a tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

conzy wrote: »

Eat well, train hard for the next few years and you'll be a tank

Conzy has just given you a golden nugget what you do with that nugget is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭oscar_mike

supplements at the age of 14 is crazy. Find a diet that favors muscular development on the internet and get into sports, rugby perhaps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement