Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low broadband speeds at night (vodafone)

Options
  • 12-02-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello
    I keep getting slow speeds at night for the past 2 or so months it is terrible with download speeds as low as 1 megabit even though my upload stays reasonable all the time.I called vodafone twice and the first time they said they would "mess around with some settings" or whatever but that did nothing.I know that it is probably contention but I have not had this problem before with vodafone and I should have a low contention ratio. The second time I rang they said they were going to look at my exchange but some eircom dude came to my house and no one was there so he did not get an answer plus I don't want to pay whatever price it is to have them come to my house.I think this may be caused by the weather recently but as I said I have not had this problem ever before.If you have any suggestions I would much appreciate them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

it could be weather related, but if that was the case, your ISP would most likely know about it.

Are you sure that you will be charged for an engineer coming to your house? My ISP, UPC don't.

Contact vodafone, on the "talk to forum":

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Advertisement