Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop wont log on to wireless network?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hi guys,
    a quick question, i recently got into the settings on my eircom efibre router to turn of the wireless security to connect a device that would not connect, after doing this the device connected and i turned the security back on and all is fine, only now i can not connect the laptop i used to access the router settings back on to my network,everything else connects fine just not the laptop, its very frustrating not sure what went wrong!

any advice here would be great,
    thanks!

also forgot to mention after i logged into the router settings it asked me to type in a new password and confirm new password so i used the same password as it already had, not sure if this means anything!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

try removing the "network" from your laptop (Network and sharing centre-Manage wireless networks) - reboot laptop then set it up again as a new connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

thank you my friend this worked perfect! cant believe i did not think of it!
    thanks again.

Advertisement