Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Usage Charge - what is this?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

n   hi

I just moved to electric ireland and got my firrst bill.  there are two standing charges, one ruaral standing charge and one for low usage standing charge.    What is this low is the low usage charge?  Why  am I paying a low usage and rural charge?  My usage is far from low, my bills are 300 per bill.    Can you check my discount also.  I am only getting 10% discount,  and when I joined it stated 15% discout.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi madyoke20009,

Thanks for getting in touch with this query. The lower user standing charge is a standing charge applied to bills where the usage is less than an average of 2 units per day per billing period. This would not typically affect an occupied home, as the average home uses approximately 14 units per day.

Further information regarding this charge can be found on our website: http://elec.ie/LowerUser

If you would like to PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number, we'll certainly take a look at your bill and the discounts in place on your account. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

There is always someone in my house , so I don't understand where this charge is coming from.  We were not on holidays.  How does the esb know what days there is no ESB used?  If a meter reading has to be taken manually, I submitted the meter reading, where does this reading get calculated from.  I've just moved to electric Ireland, and if they are adding in these stupid charges, which I've no control over, I want to cancel the contract,  

I know I was at home from the month of Jan, I want to see evidence from electric Ireland to prove to me what 2 days I was not in my home, which has lead to these low usage charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi madyoke2009,

We will need to review your account to confirm the reasons for this charge. Thank you for your private message, we have responded.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭geoweb2k14

There is always someone in my house , so I don't understand where this charge is coming from.  We were not on holidays.  How does the esb know what days there is no ESB used?  If a meter reading has to be taken manually, I submitted the meter reading, where does this reading get calculated from.  I've just moved to electric Ireland, and if they are adding in these stupid charges, which I've no control over, I want to cancel the contract,  

I know I was at home from the month of Jan, I want to see evidence from electric Ireland to prove to me what 2 days I was not in my home, which has lead to these low usage charges.

Prepay power.is is the way to go. I think they are great

Advertisement