Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Surgeon

• 12-02-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Need approx. 60 Sitka Spruce fully grown felled in Kerry.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Simply felled in a wood/forest

or

Removed without impacting on a closely passing public and/or damaging a host of surrounding structures?

2 completely different scenarios. 2 completely different cost profiles.

I'm sure you see what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Yes they are near a road and a cottage so would need to be knocked down by someone who knows what they are doing. Is their much demand for these trees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

liam7831 wrote: »
    Yes they are near a road and a cottage so would need to be knocked down by someone who knows what they are doing. Is their much demand for these trees?

Once felled, I'm sure you would get takers for them as firewood- There's just not enough of them to be of much commercial interest.

The knocking of them will cost you a lot more than you will get from selling them. You will need a professional who is equipped, insured and experienced to deal with these safely. Get 2 or 3 experienced Tree Surgeons to take a look and get quotations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

liam7831 wrote: »
    How near the cottage? You will nee to apply for a licence if more than 100 foot from a dwelling.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/forestservice/treefelling/legalrequirementsfortreefelling/

Oldtree wrote: »
    How near the cottage? You will nee to apply for a licence if more than 100 foot from a dwelling.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/forestservice/treefelling/legalrequirementsfortreefelling/

Well I own the cottage, they only bout 50ft to trees so should be ok

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Once felled, I'm sure you would get takers for them as firewood- There's just not enough of them to be of much commercial interest.

The knocking of them will cost you a lot more than you will get from selling them. You will need a professional who is equipped, insured and experienced to deal with these safely. Get 2 or 3 experienced Tree Surgeons to take a look and get quotations.

Oh right, thanks for the advice, I though maybe they be used for something as bout 70 to 80 ft high

Advertisement