Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrigaline to cork

Options
  • 12-02-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Im just wondering how long does it take to drive from carrigaline to cork city and carrigaline to wilton , also return trips. Peak hours . Thinking of looking to buy house there but hear traffic is bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have'nt gone from Carrigaline in a while but I know tis a nightmare to get in and out of it if you have to go through the village itself at peak times. It would probably take around 20 mins there abouts possibly 30 hour if traffic was bad..Going to Wilton should be ok now with the new flyover but youll get caught at the roundie bout.. I wouldn't think tis the easiest to get in and out of if you were a late person in the mornings but if your good at getting up youd be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

traffic can be fairly brutal from September to around March! From the big roundabout on the outskirts of the town all along to Carr's Hill it can be very slow moving. Then on icy days (like today) it gets worse because the people who typically take the back roads end up taking the main route.

It moves but it can be very slow.
    Then of course in the evening it's slow going the other way:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Worst case scenario, today it took the 7:45 bus about 35 mins to make it from the bus stop at the hotel to Maxol/Esso. Crawled up Carr's hill and got into town for around 9:35. It really depends on what side of Carrigaline you are on and what time you leave at!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pacman1989

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Worst case scenario, today it took the 7:45 bus about 35 mins to make it from the bus stop at the hotel to Maxol/Esso. Crawled up Carr's hill and got into town for around 9:35. It really depends on what side of Carrigaline you are on and what time you leave at!
    Good that seems very long . I work most morning in wilton at 9 . Would you be better off leaving at around half 7 so to miss traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Just bought a house down there myself, moving in shortly.

I'm based in the Airport Business park and, so far, I've gotten to Carrigaline in about half the time that it typically takes to get to Ballinlough in rush hour traffic.

But I'm using the Ballea road and also turning left off it at the hotel roundabout, so I'm not fighting traffic at all really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement