Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TestNG parallel run of same test case but different data files (e.g csv)

Options
  • 12-02-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭

I have a test case that I want to run with 3 different data files. Each file contains 1 unique line of test data.

Im guessing that the a data driven properties is not allowed to list more than 1 value for each test case’s dataprovider location.

dataprovider.CppFmAlarms.type=csv
    dataprovider.CppFmAlarms.location=sample_alarmburst_params_line2.csv

So I need to be able to list them elsewhere.

The idea is that the test case could be called from Jenkins with the mvn install command taking -DSuites=”TestLoadSuite1.xml” -DSuites=”TestLoadSuite2.xml” -DSuites=”TestLoadSuite3.xml” so that each test is run in a separate thread to start almost exactly at the same time.

But is there a way that the suite file can indicate the wanted csv file (directly or indirectly)? Here is my current TestLoadSuite1.xml file contents.

<suite name="SystemTestLoadSuite_FM1">
    <!-- This is a comment in the suite.xml file -->
    <parameter name="taf.repeat-count" value="24" />
    <test name="SystemTestLoadSuite_FM1" preserve-order="true">
    <classes>
    <class name="com.ericsson.oss.rv.test.cases.CppFmAlarms" />
    </classes>
    </test>
    </suite>

Thanks if you can help…

Advertisement