Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utility Company charged me twice.

Options
  • 12-02-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

I have been charged twice for a recent utility bill. My direct debit debit didn't occur on the 28th of Jan as I didn't receive my salary payment until the 30th. 

Because of this and fearing a missed dd payment, I paid via my visa debit on the phone service the amount of €174 on February 3rd, however on Friday the 7th of February I saw that the dd re presented itself meaning I had paid twice.

I have been in touch with the utility company however they say they cannot help and the overpayment must stay as a credit.

Is there a way that the initial dd payment can be refunded to my boi account.

I look forward in hearing from you soon and thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi wayne[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will need to check first how the direct debit presented on your account to request a refund.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If it debited as a normal direct debit, you can call into any nearby branch with photo identification and complete a direct debit indemnity form.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the utility company presented by a SEPA direct debit, you can also request a refund. Please see more information on the form required here  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can download this form and post to the address printed on the form also.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any assistance with completing this form, you can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 140 44000. A representative can go through this with you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday& Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please do ask, we are happy to help.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 46 wayne25

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi wayne[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will need to check first how the direct debit presented on your account to request a refund.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If it debited as a normal direct debit, you can call into any nearby branch with photo identification and complete a direct debit indemnity form.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the utility company presented by a SEPA direct debit, you can also request a refund. Please see more information on the form required here [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can download this form and post to the address printed on the form also.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any assistance with completing this form, you can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 140 44000. A representative can go through this with you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday& Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please do ask, we are happy to help.[/font]

Thank you Alison.

My form for the sepa direct debit refund was completed and sent last Thursday afternoon. Would you be able to give me a timeframe as to when this refund may appear in my BOI account.

Kind Regards,

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Gavin[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]In relation to a refund for an  ‘Authorised SEPA Direct Debit’, once the refund form is received by the relevant department within Bank of Ireland and the mandatory information is input on the form, the refund is processed generally within 24 to 48 hours. Customers will see the credit in their account within this timeframe. If you selected a notification method on the form, you will receive a text / email once the form is processed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to add, if an investigation is requested by our customer, this can take up to 30 calendar days to be resolved.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/font]

Advertisement