Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Hotels

Options
  • 12-02-2014 8:49pm

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for hotels in Boston? or even general location to stay?

I'm going for Paddy's weekend. Want to spend under €1,000 for 4 nights but the less the better obviously :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

we were in boston a few years back, we stayed in the sheraton and i would highly recommend it. we paid just under 200euros per night...so it should be in your budget...great location too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I've stayed in the Boston Park Plaza a few times, wasn't bad. Location is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Stayed in the Omni Park House. Great location and we were happy with the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Stayed in the Midtown hotel, cheap hotel in a great location. Not exactly the Ritz but clean and comfortable and like I said great location. Enjoy :)

Revere Boston Common, perfect location, great fun and cool bar. Look around for deals though. Got it at $140 a night last year via Kayak, but their published rates start around $220.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

John Jeffries House. Right by Beacon Hill, right by MGH T Station, walking distance from most places you might want to go (except South Boston). A lovely place, and reasonably priced. A bit of a Boston secret.

http://johnjeffrieshouse.com/rates.htm

Oh - check out https://twitter.com/BostonTweet too, full of good food and drink tips...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I would second the Sheraton as well. Fab hotel, couldn't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Another vote for the Sheraton at the Prudential Center. I stayed there last summer for July 4th weekend and managed to get it through a Trivago deal for 150 Euro a night.

There is tips online on how to guess hotels using Hotwire.com, might be an option to keep the price down for a good hotel.

Best of luck, Boston is great

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

stayed in the hilton in the financial district and also stayed in the Hyatt near downtown crossing... both were great, and boston is so easy to navigate ... stayed in an apartment last year in the italian district and it was great, easy access to the T, and also very near Quincy Market ... found it better than hotel... check out homeaway.com for rental properties in Boston....

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for all the recommendations. I'm going to book something over the weekend so I'll have a look at everything suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

The Hilton in the Financial District is a great hotel. I used to live in Boston and my family stayed here once when they came to visit me, and I have since stayed in it myself. It is walking distance from Quincy Market and Downtown Crossing, the diner next door does the best pancakes and there is also an Irish pub a few feet away. Its also walking distance from the T which would make getting to/from the airport very easy.

The Hyatt at Downtown Crossing is also a lovely hotel, great rooms, very central, with direct access to Macy's downstairs and the T.

Make sure to bring your thermals......it will be wicked cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Back Bay area (where the Prudential Tower is) is nice and central, but its not right in the middle of downtown Boston. It is very near Boston common, some FABULOUS shopping malls, Beacon Hill and the start of the Freedom Trail. So if you are planning on doing historical, touristy stuff, you won't go wrong with the location. But if you are going for the Paddys Day craic, I'd try and get somewhere closer to the harbour, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall area. That would be the heart of the touristy district & where most of the pubs and restaurants are.

Then again, if you are going over the Paddys Day weekend, the whole place will be hopping, so there probably won't be much difference in where you stay atmosphere wise. It's a crackin city & much more compact and easier to navigate around than the likes of Chicago or New York. Have fun & have a lobster roll for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

cee_jay wrote: »
    I would second the Sheraton as well. Fab hotel, couldn't fault it.

Sheraton-good spot and great location

If you run into bad weather the hotel is attached to a huge indoor shopping complex (it's not really a mall, but that's what they call it) with lots of restraunts, coffee shops, a book shop etc.

It's even connected to the Marriott Copley which has a great pint of Guinness (if Jimmy is working)

Sometimes, if you call and say you're with, let's say GE or Bank of America, ask if they have a corporate discount, not alone will you get a better rate, but you will usually get free internet too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Stayed in the Hilton Back Bay a few years ago and couldn't fault it. Great location and the room we had was superb.

I ended up ignoring all of your kind recommendations and booking the nine zero hotel and got a great deal on a skyline view room with free wifi (which you seem to have to pay for in most hotels...). Hopefully it's as lovely as it appears.

Now, all we need is lots of fingers crossed that the threatened Aer Lingus strike doesn't screw up my plans :/

Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've heard only good things about the Zero Nine. Enjoy your trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

Hey,

Im looking for accomodation for boston for 6 nights in october, everywhere seems to be $300 plus a night, have checked hotwire etc, but dont seem to find any good deals, thinking of trying airbnb but would prefer to have a hotel tbh, $300 seems excessive

any tips/ advices for hotels that time of year that are central?

much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

have you thought of renting an apartment, We stayed in one in the North end last year, and it was great, It was about E900 for 7 nights but that was because it was in May and that is graduation month in the states and everything is more expensice that month..it so convient to the t and walking distance to quincy market ... check out zoerentals or homeaway.com...

Advertisement