Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path from Corrib Village to Dangan

Options
  • 12-02-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what is happening with path along river from Corrib Village to Dangan? It is all cut up and recently saw a digger there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The small concrete dock across from Menlo Castle has been underwater for a number of weeks now and the walkway is cordened off as the river is totally covering the path all the way back to the grass.

I would hazard a guess that any works could be related to the river, flood prevention or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Yes I noticed that. But the path that is churned up by a digger is from the jetty entrance to the village up to approx the end of the railings of the village beside the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Could be additional ducting up to Dangan Business Park? The college have some running up that path to DERI already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Could be to do with the greenway that's supposed to use that path. There are threads about it.

antoobrien wrote: »
    Could be to do with the greenway that's supposed to use that path. There are threads about it.

You mean the cyclepath from moycullen or something like that ? No, I don't think it has anything to do with that. This is very much a small job. It might mean they are widening it a little-I saw the digger scrapping into the grass riverside edge-but it sure as hell is a mess right now. I should have asked the lads doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Just back from running the route. Look like they're widening and improving the surface. About time!

topcat77 wrote: »
    Just back from running the route. Look like they're widening and improving the surface. About time!

I think that might be it. I hope so. It is full of puddles at the best of times.

Doesn't have to be tarmac -any type of tough gravel surface will do thanks very much. Mind you-they seem to have spent a lot of money on the new car park there-what with all that fancy brickwork (brickwork note, not tarmac) so maybe they could do tarmac. It is a great resource for people that walkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Kinda hope they don't ever put tarmac on it. Its a very enjoyable run out to Dangan, especially in the mornings. You get the feeling of being miles out of the city despite being so close to it.

Kinda hope they don't ever put tarmac on it. Its a very enjoyable run out to Dangan, especially in the mornings. You get the feeling of being miles out of the city despite being so close to it.

Yes , it is a great resource. Very enjoyable. They semed to have gone further with the churning/ploughing. Now it goes right up to the three bollards almost by the entrance to the first pitch on your left.

Why would you not be in fvaour of tarmac? Surely it would be even and smooth? Compared to the roughness of and sharpeness of stones there. Having said that sometimes I see a chap running along there without wearing any shoes at all-even in depths of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

They are doing the drains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

It's going to be developed into a greenway at some stage. It will form part of a Galway to Clifden Greenway eventually. That could be some time away, mind you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

New railway

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    New railway

Ya, I heard it's gonna be officially announced today, called "The Connemara Love Line".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

They are putting down a layer of sand right now so it looks like its a new surface.

Advertisement