Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA which exams to sit???

• 12-02-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I sat F4 and F5 in December 2013 and got relatively good marks (73 and 76). I did self study for these I just bought the books and forced myself to study. I was only going to do 2 in my next sitting but everyone at work is saying I should sit 3 this time based on my marks in the last 2. (I know the marks aren't amazing before you think I just have a big head)

I am definitely going to sit tax next and do lectures with dbs. But I can't decide whether to sit just one more or try two. If I was to sit two I am leaning towards F8 and F9. Can anyone advise on this?

I work full time and if I was to do 3 I would self study with revision courses. Can anyone advise? I am willing to work hard but don't know if their is enough time to work full time and study for 3.

Thanks. Any advise appreciated here even regarding what subjects compliment each other.....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

My partner is studying for ACCA and in previous sittings has done 2 modules and has passed with marks similar to yourself, however last semester December 2013 she took on 3 modules. She got relatively good marks in two and passed however the third modules wasn't successful. She also works full-time and found herself exhausted coming up to exam time with revision weekends in college and study at home.. The time pressure and all other elements of life created immense pressure, so from my experience of seeing the stress levels rise i would say stick with what your doing now, no point adding extra pressure when your doing so well at the moment. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

For me do and f5 were easier than the other f's

I found f6 tough enough. Home studied and did revision with Julie Hawkins which really helped

There is a lot in f8. It's not difficult but needs a lot of practice. Home studied as well and it's grand

F9 was ok too but I work in a similar area. I home studied too.

Personally I would find it tough to take 3 at a time as I work full time and want a life too! But it's doable on the f's rather than the p's

Advertisement