Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with heating water tank.

Options
  • 12-02-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi lads, we are on day and night metering and we heat our water at night through are horstmann economy7. There are two separate elements in the tank. The timer powers one and the boost powers the other. All of a sudden the timer isn't heating the water but if I put it on boost it's working fine. I've tested both elements with a multimeter for voltage and resistance and both are reading very similar readings so I can't understand why one isn't working. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

actb84 wrote: »
    Hi lads, we are on day and night metering and we heat our water at night through are horstmann economy7. There are two separate elements in the tank. The timer powers one and the boost powers the other. All of a sudden the timer isn't heating the water but if I put it on boost it's working fine. I've tested both elements with a multimeter for voltage and resistance and both are reading very similar readings so I can't understand why one isn't working. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be.

Might help if you posted your readings, and where exactly you took them.

Purely guessing

High temp stat?
    Relay contact on timer?
    Broken connection?

Advertisement