Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardest video game decisions

• 12-02-2014 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Just wondering What decisions you have had to make in Games which were tough.

Skyrim for me had loads of tough choices.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mass Effect 2 and 3 had some tough ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The walking dead had some I genuinely had to stop and think about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

the walking dead by telltale. some very tough choices. ive made some and regretted them and it upset me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Walking Dead as well, having to choose between party members or certain answers that you know will come back to bite you in the ass later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

GTA 5 cultist missions. Those big titted hitch hikers had no chance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Choosing between dark souls or seeing my girlfriend for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Not killing people in Dishonored, obviously you were not ment to, but it was so much easier to kill people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

For me it was probably in the original SWKotOR:
    the decision to kill Mission if you went for a Dark Side ending
    allibastor wrote: »
    Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That jump in Dizzy

You know the one. It's a different jump for everyone, but there's always THAT jump, you've died there a million times before, you know you're not going to make it and you know when you miss you're going to go back to the start, but if you don't try you'll never progress... Do you jump? Do you stick? Jump? Stick? AAAAAAARGH!

Also, seems silly but in Marvel Puzzle Quest, choosing to drop Juggernaut and Venom off my team and sell the covers took a lot of soul searching...and then once they were gone I got tonnes of Juggernaut and Venom covers (and not a single Wolverine or Iron Man mk 40 one) so I've regretted it ever since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh. THAT jump in dizzy. F*ck that jump.

The Witcher games have always been good for morally ambiguous choices, most of the time your decisions come back to bite you in the ass in unexpected ways, it really makes choosing difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Persona 4 -Valentines day

had 3 girls to spend valentines with and only could choose one

God Damn Heartacks were broken that very day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Whether or not turn 1 coin out a Knife Juggler against an opponent, when I have no 2 drop follow up in my hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are very few games that give you decisions that are actually tough. Most are pretty obvious, and are often highlighted (Red = bad, Blue = good etc...). The Witcher is one of the few games that has good choices, that actually have an effect on the game.

There was also a mission in one of the Fallout 3 expansions, where you had to decide whether or not to kidnap a baby. Can't remember the exact circumstances, but it was very much sides of grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

allibastor wrote: »

Yeah like; "When is a good time to give up on this game, it's not going to get any better".

Skyrim? Seriously? How long have you been gaming?

I actually can't think of any game that had a tough decision. I always reloaded and played both options anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

RedXIV wrote: »
    The walking dead had some I genuinely had to stop and think about

I want to say TWD, but after a few episodes it became apparent that most of your choices were cosmetic and all endings were virtually sidepaths of the one Road.
    No one choice REALLY made a HUGE difference to the final outcomes.

Mass Effect 3 had some great ones, Especially the end of ME2 where you can lose some of your members permanently.

Bioshock - Harvest or not ?....I never did...in any of the games or replays of it, can't bring myself to.

The ending of Deus Ex : HR ....that was hard because it was confusing if I remember correctly and just seemed stupid.

Fallout had better ones than Skyrim for me, there was never anytime in Skyrim where I had to think twice about a decision because it was morally right/wrong.
    Fallout had some strange ones though, such as Do you blow up Megaton ? Camp Twilight etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Commiting Yoshi to the abyss so I could get an extra inch on the jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

As a general rule of thumb you never get anything good by choosing the 'evil' choice in games and as such I always pick the 'good' option.

These moral choices in games are just window dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

As a general rule of thumb you never get anything good by choosing the 'evil' choice in games
    General rule, yes. But sometimes kicking that dude through a window is its own reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

in The Punisher, deciding whether to feed that guy to a shark or just beat him to death. Man that game was a lot of fun, some of the deaths were absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle

Geth in ME3

Walking Dead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Should I be leveling Aeris and buying weapons for her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Any Civilization game: Do I go to bed or have one more turn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Playing Renegade Shep in ME3... that scene with Mordin. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

In Mass Effect, deciding early on, whether you wanted the blue benefits or the red benefits. Silly system that overly influences conversations throughout the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fallout 3 ,decision on Megaton near the start ,the bad one if at night time is worth the karma hit :D

Advertisement