Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moved House - Box Of Cables.. which plug for soundbar / subwoofer?

• 12-02-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭

So long story short, I moved house and threw every cable I had into a big box - as below:

7Afu7j.jpg

No labelling or anything but most of the connections are obvious but have a pricey enough Boston Acoustics Soundbar and subwoofer, and the plugs for them are not obvious.

The soundbar has input and output voltages, so would I need a transformer here.. don't want to risk damaging them to be honest (as below):

8i62Pv.jpg

The subwoofer looks a bit more obvious but should I aim for 20V, or should I ve fine once it's below that and can provide it enough power? As below:

5XqiLk.jpg
    (20V, 2.5A)

Thanks in advance all - I'll learn next time and label everything! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The soundbar is 230V so you don't need a transformer, it will take a direct mains feed. You mentioned input and output so it may have an input (to connect to the mains) and output (a low-power feed to (e.g.) a DVD/Blu-Ray player) OR that output may be the feed to an AC adapter (brick) which feeds the 20V supply to the subwoofer.

Somewhere in that box of tangled cables there is an AC adapter (typically a black brick) which is the transformer for the subwoofer, it will be marked with input and output voltages so you should be able to see 20V marked on it as the output voltage. That AC Adapter is connected either to a regular mains plug or a special plug which goes into an output socket (the one in your post) on the soundbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers coylemj.. actually found the plug for the soundbar.

But left the subwoofer plug behind me.. should be able to get it from old house tomorrow.

Many thanks for your help!

Advertisement