Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s cant hear calls

• 12-02-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

i cant hear anything on my 4s. i have replaced the ear speaker it worked for 1 call then went fuzzy again. it then started to work but when i put it on spaeker phone it was making a screeching sound. phone works perfect on face time calls are normal. i also put the phone in dfu mode wiped everything and it worked perfect for two calls and stoped again . anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this ? any help would be greatly appreciated:) also any suggestions where i can get it fixed cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Might get better answers in Apple Devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

i cant hear anything on my 4s. i have replaced the ear speaker it worked for 1 call then went fuzzy again. it then started to work but when i put it on spaeker phone it was making a screeching sound. phone works perfect on face time calls are normal. i also put the phone in dfu mode wiped everything and it worked perfect for two calls and stoped again . anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this ? any help would be greatly appreciated:) also any suggestions where i can get it fixed cheap.

When you say you have replaced the ear speaker do you mean you yourself have attempted to replace it? if so then maybe check your work in case a cable has come loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Either the top mic is blocked/broken or the audio ic needs reflowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Either the top mic is blocked/broken or the audio ic needs reflowing

I have taken the mother board out and put it in another 4s housing with working ear piece and mic. It's still makes screeching sound on normal calls but on face time calls sound is perfect. All other sounds are perfect video music ring tones so on. Maybe it's ic. Does anyone no where I could get it fixed with this problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement