Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Polymailer considered an envelope with An Post?

Options
  • 12-02-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just trying to reduce postage costs for our business. Does anyone know if a small polymailer is considered a letter with An Post? It's within the dimensions of a letter and within the weight restrictions. So should I be able to send this with a 60c stamp or is it considered a packet.

I'll be asking up in my local post office tomorrow but just interested in hearing from anyone else currently using polymailers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

if you meet size external dimensions and weight of std letter post, you are charged for a letter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

if you meet size external dimensions and weight of std letter post, you are charged for a letter!!

Cheers Peter, I'll be putting the stamps on myself so just wanted to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Make sure they are self adhesive not gummed stamps as gummed do not stick to poly/plastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Make sure they are self adhesive not gummed stamps as gummed do not stick to poly/plastic!!

The 60c ones are self adhesive but alsi going to be using these ones from an post, no mention of what type they are.
    http://www.irishstamps.ie/Shop/p-1301-100-soar-definitive-stamp.aspx

Advertisement