Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this build worth the money? \noob

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Total noob and i have been looking around to get a build.

I dont have a huge budget so i need to go second hand.

i will be looking at the upgraded graphics card price.

Any help much appreciated

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/custom-pc-core2quad-4gb-ddr3-ram/4802903

Looks pretty expensive tbh. The C2Q CPUs are decent although I believe the newer Core i3 Dual Core chips will perform considerably better. Remember that even now a lot of programs/games aren't multi core optimized. The Core 2 range is going back a good few years now.
    Both video cards on offer are also quite weak I think, even the ATI one which is a lower mid-range card, probably quite a bit old now as I got a 7850 a while back (last year), this would be newer.
    Would you be interested in building a machine yourself? The Building and Upgrading forum here is excellent and the lads will spec up a machine to your budget. Let me know if you'd like the thread moved

Nick

Advertisement